Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kiwid
Sep 30, 2013

No Dignity posted:

I've been really confused by their backsliding on tactical equipment, just give it a dedicated slot but make you find it in the world. It's a battle royale, that's how it's meant to work!

I quite enjoyed the armor repair equipment. Used it almost every time.

A bit of balancing could have kept it interesting. Never got the hate for the BCD. I never used it because the radius was so small it was within footstep range anyway.

What makes even less sense to me is removing tactical equipment but leaving bullshit like the thermal scopes in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Tweak posted:

the jankiness of cars was my favorite part of the game and something I miss playing primarily apex now. You never knew if clipping the corner of some geometry was gonna immediately blow you up or launch you into the stratosphere. I cant even run people over anymore!

I loved car and motorcycle jank in the beta. You would be driving, hit a pothole and then get flung out the top across the map and die.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

kiwid posted:

I quite enjoyed the armor repair equipment. Used it almost every time.

A bit of balancing could have kept it interesting. Never got the hate for the BCD. I never used it because the radius was so small it was within footstep range anyway.

What makes even less sense to me is removing tactical equipment but leaving bullshit like the thermal scopes in.

I uaed the spotter scope a hell of alot and it did kinda turn the game into pinging the horizon looking for targets, especially on Sanghok where it kinda breaks the visual cover usually provided by the trees. But like, if that was a cool rare spawn and didn't take up a weapon slot it'd be a really nice toy to have occasionally?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Basically they figured out they could make way more money on the phone market rather than actually develop another game. Playerunknown left the studio a long time ago.

It’s laughable how long it took them to even make a respawn system when compared to its rivals.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

VulgarandStupid posted:

They don’t care about PUBG they make all of their money off PUBG mobile in India and Thailand. That’s why there’s no PUBG2 yet.

kiwid posted:

I have no confidence they could make a successor in PUBG2.

They seemingly lucked into the popularity of PUBG1 by getting gun play right and now struggle with every new patch to implement something that the majority of players enjoy.

Hasn't it been leaked/announced there will be no PUBG2? They're going to continue work on the current game until it no longer makes sense?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
So they're going to stop working on PUBG 2+ years ago?