Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
WHO'S THIS?!

IS THAT YOU?!?

Seriouspost had some great games with some great goons recently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
PSA: it’s possible when taking a Dacia off-road to get it stuck on an incline (basically bottoming-out the car so none of the wheels make contact).

ALSO: ADDR as far as calling threats go.

Alert
Direction
Description
Range

Range is what screws me up - is there no good way besides manually measuring on the map to get a distance? (I was even thinking of taking a transparency sheet and trying to make a little thing I could tape on the side of my monitor that I could use to quickly determine range.)

Three-Phase fucked around with this message at 23:00 on Dec 29, 2017

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Oh. Yeah you’re right...

Some of the iron sights have markings too right?

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Communist Q posted:

Ignore the aim points, and I think this is still accurate for range finding? Honestly since they've been updated, I haven't bothered to see if there's any new graphic so this may not be accurate. At this point I just aim center of mass with the chevron (^)and it works up to 300 yds most of the time. I believe wackyjacky101 has put out an updated video (5 or 7 minutes long) with some of the updated info.

That’s a good explanation.

What I was doing was a sort of “guess and check” approach. Ballpark the elevation and lead and fire a few shots adjusting and once I saw a blood spray I went into a faster “fire for effect” mode since I was hitting the target.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

That's weird my wife gets super sick when she plays games in third person.

I have to face the roof/floor of the vehicle or close my eyes when someone else is driving in FPP. It makes me really really carsick. 3PP is nowhere near as bad.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
If you’re solo squad you need to have a certain strategy. Even playing regular squad you need to make choices on when to engage and when not too, and if you’re one person you basically can’t engage full squads.

You can defend yourself, you can hit-and-run, but regular engagement against decent full squad is suicidal.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Parallel Playa posted:

Never don't move

If one of your teammates is firing you should be moving.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Parallel Playa posted:

Yes and also all the rest of the time

This was the statement I heard:

"Fire without movement is wasted.
Movement without fire [in a firefight] is suicide."

YMMV.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Sarcasmatron posted:

Love watching people get two in the dome while playing "Player Unknown: Inventory Management".

I'm sorta' developing a muscle memory for doing stuff quickly.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Over 27” monitor size I just get motion sick in games.

I am getting too old for these games.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

drunken officeparty posted:

Vector: best weapon??? Slap a red dot and extended mag on it and it's like a laser gun for anything close range.

With all of the accoutrements it’s a lethal joke gun.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"Wow, gee, you know, we'd love to do something definitive about hacking other than ban the most blatant ones, but that would require us to demonetize the game, and well, gently caress you."

This is going to be like DayZ Standalone. They got millions of sweet early-access dollars, so screw it, milk this thing and wring as much money out as we possibly can.

Three-Phase fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Feb 19, 2018

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Last night was mad. Had three cars inside the shelter underground and that’s one of the least crazy things that happened. :psyduck:

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Rex-Goliath posted:

Has anyone else played 8-mans yet? What's it like?

Four goons and four Chinese players.

I’ve started calling out basic stuff in English followed by (horribly broken) Mandarin.

Knee-how!

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
That eight-goon match was awesome.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I’ve been out of the loop with the mobile version - are people on tablets playing against people on PCs? (I am assuming it’s not.)

Three-Phase fucked around with this message at 20:09 on Mar 26, 2018

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I need to put my foot down and clear up some pretty blatant misinformation going on here guys.

FIRST: I had a 2x on my UMP, not a 4x

Actually that’s it I thought there was something else but I was wrong.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Also I thought I was clearly touching the side of the road and nowhere close to the actual “middle” of the road. As in completely on the dotted line.

I need to go back to just playing Klondike anyways this is all too intense.

Three-Phase fucked around with this message at 04:21 on May 3, 2018

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Ashrik posted:

That is incredible

39 minutes “4x UMP god”

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Sorry man, I have no recording of that. I checked the “rewind” thing in Windows 10 and it was turned off.

I could maybe do a really bitchin’ re-enactment with like hand puppets or something. Or just some really really crude motion tweens in Apple Motion.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I think there's been some good PUBG event modes, and some bad PUBG event modes.

I think this most recent one (Sanhok shotguns and pistols) might be a bad one.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Last night was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

VulgarandStupid posted:

I also had fun hosting the custom games. Every day would be too much and they’d slide appeal quickly but if we hosted this once a week with the rules pre-planned it might be fun.

Yeah! Thanks for doing that! If you want to do it again can you give us a heads-up in the thread 24 hours or more before it starts?

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)