Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Could you rephrase that seed pellet bit for stupid me? Also, have they mentioned reason why HP calculation is so granular?

A shotgun shoots 9 pellets per shot. (Mostly, a couple might fire less, check that butt-site)

One of these pellets is counted as the magical one which determines the damage modifier of all the pellets. If the magic pellet hits the head, every pellet that hits the player anywhere gets the headshot modifier, and similarly, if one pellet hits the arm and 8 hit head/chest/neck, congrats, you just hit him in the arm with 9 pellets.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

cinci zoo sniper posted:

No gun shoots simultaneously in two directions.

This is really the best and most precise advice available to most players, especially newer players. Whenever you know you outnumber the enemy, just take the drat shootout. Every second you spend not taking the shootout is a second more where you risk being flanked, surprised, grenaded or taken out in a million other ways. If you're 3-4 on 1, rush that dude, just make sure you rush the same route so he can't take you out one by one.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

The only thing worse than crawling is running, being sniped at and then going prone in response

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Someone mentioned ghilli suits, and i rememebered that the desert ghilli suit is...
Green. Good job, everyone.

What? No it's not. It's yellow/beige/sandcolored. You realize there's 2 right?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Name one that is more "accurate".

OK, cool, figured as much. I mean it's still a good weapon but isn't the SKS always preferable now?
(Of course the elite players will prefer the Kar98, but that's for people who can consistently nail headshots.)

The Mini still has significant faster bullet speed, making it easier for hitting laterally moving targets in particular. I feel like the SKS is the better gun over-all now, though heavily dependant on attachments, but the mini still has its uses. Before the nerfs, the Mini was better than the SKS in basically every way.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

https://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/1576688908203724690

quote:

PC 1.0 Update #2
9 JANUARY - MEPHIEKIM

Players, as we have said on numerous occasions, we are committed to creating a fair play environment in PUBG and are always looking for ways to decrease the amount of active cheats and their users. As part of our latest efforts in this direction, we are adding a new way to report suspected cheaters in-game. Starting with the current test build (once the testing is complete, this feature will be moved to the live servers as well), you will be able to report players directly from the replay feature of our game. This means that you no longer need to be killed by a suspected cheater for you to be able to use the in-game reporting tool. We encourage you to use the replay report tool as it is an effective and efficient way of making us aware of the players who are undermining your enjoyment of the game. Please refer to the patch notes below for a more detailed explanation of how to use the new in-game report feature.

We have continued to stabilize the game performance since the 1.0 release. We will be tweaking a few things to improve the performance of the game without comprising any gameplay elements. For example, in this test build, we have reduced the visible distance while in the air - this will improve the performance of the server and client in the beginning of the match. We plan to make small changes to the starting islands too in order to achieve similar goals.

We will also be testing the new crate system with two new crates. We know some of you have been looking forward to this. One crate will be free to open and the other one will require a key. Every test server user will be granted 100 000 BP and 6 Early Bird keys (the new unified PUBG crate key that can open Desperado and Gamescom crates), so that they can test the new crates and the items within. Each time you spend BP to get a crate, you will get one of the 4 available crates. There will be a much higher chance of getting one of the two new ones. You can see the exact percentage values below. The BP value, the new items and the keys won’t be transferred to live accounts. They are granted purely for the purpose of testing, to make sure that everything stays stable once the test build is moved to the live servers. As always, all our crate items are purely cosmetic in nature and provide no gameplay advantage.

Please read the detailed patch notes below to learn about these and other changes and fixes included in the current test build and please keep providing your valuable feedback on our forums: https://forums.playbattlegrounds.com/forum/40-test-server/

Once the test build is found to be stable enough, the current patch will be moved to the live servers. Live server update schedule will be announced later on.

World
Added more objects around La Bendita on Miramar to increase the amount of cover

Gameplay
Reduced the visible distance when parachuting down in order to test the optimization of server and client performance at the early phases of the game

Item
Changed the design of the energy drink

UI/UX
Adjusted the squad team colors (players 1~4) to better reflect their callout names (yellow, orange, blue, green)
Adjusted squad team colors to make them more consistent between different colorblind options
Added a function where a player can select more detailed criteria for the “Cheating” category in the in-game report tool
You can choose multiple items or you can just report without selecting any of them

Replays
While player’s nameplate is on (H key), now you can check the current weapon of that player by pressing G key
Added report button in replay
Report button pops up when pressing RMB on the player list (TAB key)
While observing / following mode, report button appears on the timeline (J key)
Added a care package icon changing effect according to the status
The icon will be different when the care package is falling and looted by other players
Adjusted replay system so that now a player can watch the replay without extra delay in the following cases
Solo mode
When the player won the match
When all teammates are eliminated

Bug Fixes
Fixed the issue where when a player lands from the plane the position of character teleports intermittently
Fixed the issue where character animation is frozen when rejoining after a crash
Fixed the issue where the red zone disappears instantly after it formed
Fixed the issue where some vehicles spawned on Miramar are stuck to an object and unable to move
Fixed the issue where a player sometimes couldn’t pass through a door even though it was open
Fixed the issue where mouse cursor would disappear on a replay map
Fixed the issue where when replay and death cam were played, the crosshair was bouncing
Fixed the issue where the falling speed meter text was showing abnormally in Portuguese

New Contents
Added two new crates (free / paid)
You can open the paid crate box with the Early Bird key which is purchasable in Steam market
In order to test the stability, 100,000 BP and 6 keys will be granted to each account (test server only)
The below chart shows the crate box drop rate
The new free/paid crate box has a 40% drop rate and the previous crate boxes(Wanderer and Survivor) have a 10% drop rate

DESPERADO (new paid crate box) : 40%
BIKER (new free crate box) : 40%
Wanderer : 40%
Survivor : 40%

The below chart shows the individual drop rate per item that can be earned through the new free/paid crate boxes. (displayed down to two decimal places)

DESPERADO items
Sleeveless Turtleneck Top (Gray) : 8.00%
Leather Boots (Black) : 8.00%
Punk Knuckle Gloves (Black) : 7.50%
Baggy Pants (Black) : 7.50%
Striped Tank-top : 7.50%
Wide Pants (Red) : 7.50%
Punk Knuckle Gloves (Red) : 7.00%
Sleeveless Turtleneck (Black) : 7.00%
Baggy Pants (Brown) : 5.00%
Long Leather Boots (Brown) : 5.00%
Striped Shirt (Gray) : 5.00%
Beanie (Brown) : 5.00%
Horn-rimmed Glasses (Black) : 4.50%
Training Pants (Light Blue) : 4.50%
Leather Boots (Brown) : 4.50%
Horn-rimmed Glasses (Brown) : 2.50%
Aviator Sunglasses : 1.30%
Checkered Jacket : 1.30%
Long-sleeved Leather Shirt : 0.60%
Leather Hoodie (Black) : 0.32%
Leather Hoodie (White) : 0.32%
Cloth Mask (Leopard) : 0.16%

BIKER items
Long-sleeved T-shirt (Red) : 15.00%
School Shoes (Brown) : 15.00%
raglan shirt : 10.00%
T-shirt (Pink striped) : 10.00%
Polka Dot T-shirt : 10.00%
Dirty Long-sleeved T-shirt : 10.00%
School Shoes (Black) : 5.00%
Skinny Jeans (Khaki) : 5.00%
Gas Mask (Half) : 4.50%
Beanie (Gray) : 4.50%
Sleeveless Turtleneck (Red) : 4.50%
Skinny Jeans (Pink) : 2.50%
Patrol Cap (Brown) : 1.20%
Sleeveless Turtleneck (Gray Striped) : 1.20%
Patrol Cap (Gray) : 0.40%
Biker Pants (Black) : 0.40%
Floral Shirt (White) : 0.26%
Sneakers (Black) : 0.26%
Padded Jacket (Purple) : 0.06%
Princess Power Tank-top : 0.06%
Floral Shirt (Black) : 0.05%
Biker Pants (Gray) : 0.05%
Aviator Goggles : 0.03%
Sleeveless Biker Jacket (Brown) : 0.01%
Sleeveless Biker Jacket (Black) : 0.01%
Cloth Mask (Checkered) : 0.01%

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

You don't seem to realise that companies need sustained income if we want support and updates for years to come (10 years etc.). It has 100% been the plan to introduce MTX since the beginning, not just because PUBG happened to be very successful, and is most likely in some contract somewhere as a requirement anyways. MTX isn't inherently a bad thing either, e.g. Path of Exile has a great model in my opinion and is probably the only reason why that game is as good at it is and is still around.

Hey gently caress you.

Stop actively argueing against the interests of the consumers when you are, in fact, the consumer

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

I don't see how cosmetic MTX is against my interests though?

Paying for them when the game has already made millions upon millions of dollars is. Bluehole could make the cosmetics free and still turn a profit for many years. Increasing their profits by making the cosmetics not-free is against your interests.

God damnit Americans are so massively conditioned to accept actions that go against their own interests

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Nordick posted:

I do not use suppressors because they make my guns sound stupid and wimpy and that is utterly unacceptable.

Counterpoint: M24

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

mr_gay_sex_fan posted:

I got 6th place and 3 kills. I'm happy.

What a game.

You lost that game fyi

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Blowdryer posted:

I've been told the AK is very accurate for the first 2 shots. Kind of like CS.

The AK does 1 shot directly on target, then jumps a lot, clusters 4 more shots and then recoils wildly. That's why most people say to stick to 5 round bursts with one pull down of the mouse early in the burst.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Rex-Goliath posted:

I just realized that I haven't seen an adrenaline shot in the game either in crates or on corpses for months now. Were they removed?

No

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

daslog posted:

The glitches and bugs in this game are maddening. I'm counting down the days until a developer with a clue released a BR game worth playing.

My friend, this is it. No developer with a clue will be able to design and build a BR game that is 1) good and 2) doesn't have superfluous poo poo ruining it

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

It's like bitcoins but somehow even dumber

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

An here I wanted them to add weapons to the Miramar warmup area, too.
How will I practice recoil control now?

Pecado

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Rex-Goliath posted:

Got my first kill with a motorcycle yesterday. Of course the PUBG gods couldn't let me just enjoy it

You need to move while looting and med'ing buddy

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Here's a tip for you. Yes, YOU: Click the button faster when single-firing, no matter if it's with a red dot or a 4x, no matter the distance. You can click the button twice as fast as you're currently doing and still easily manage the recoil.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Duplexes are the best non-military base loot buildings on Erangel to be honest. Everything else around them will have to wait.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Housecampers are trash.

The only exception is the little compound northeast of the big blue warehouse south of Yasnaya. That compound is the single most defendable place in the entire game and god bless it's little heart

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

willroc7 posted:

This is one of my favorite wins to date. It was my call to clown-car our way out of this building and by gum, it worked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlM3jy2_vl4&t=95s

The Moosmuzel guy really throws an easy win by staying in the building too long and then shooting at a downed guy while the last enemy alive sprays him down

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Le0 posted:

Geez I know I suck at this game but that many kills per game with just car, this is my loving kill per game when I'm actually trying to kill people with a gun. You guys are crazy.

Also any tips to get better at the clicking guys until they die part of the game? I'm at 250hours in this lovely game and can barely muster a 1KD.

Single fire faster than you're currently doing. It's the number one thing I see every bad player do wrong.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

VulgarandStupid posted:

https://twitter.com/NiPGaming/status/963092588440911872

Someone translate this for me. Also, there are no UAZ's on Mirimar, WAY TO GO CHINA.

How does she have a Groza but no helmet or vest

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Neutrino posted:

Literally, I am pointing straight down and someone is next to me one second and several hundred meters below me the next.

How much downforce are you applying to you W key when this happens? Have you tried pressing harder?

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Don't know how the full post wasn't linked in this thread yet:

http://steamcommunity.com/games/578080/announcements/detail/2742000471562664977

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Welp, excuse my blindness.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

khysanth posted:

they really aren't? i was beginning to wonder how rare they were...

i miss the ambience of those maps. who cares if the sound isn't realistic? it's the same for everyone so just deal with it in the smart ways that win games, not the bad crybaby ways that lose them

the problem wasn't the realism, the problem was the ear damage from playing the rain map. If you had the volume loud enough to hear footsteps, you suffered hearing damage. If you didn't, you'd lose every close-range fight to someone who did. It was garbage design.

Fog, however, was interesting. Except it apparently didn't render similarly for all players, which again, was bad design.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Here's my idea for new PUBG content: Rotating gamemodes.

As known from League of Legends, Fortnite and every other online game ever.

Every week (or every other week, or whatever), there's an option to queue in this weeks' special gamemode.

To start with, gamemodes can be as simple as being normal games with altered rules within the confines of the current custom games:

- The circle spawns and moves twice as fast but vehicle spawn rate is tripled
- Only pistols spawn. Crossbows in air drops
- Only Kar98s spawn, no helmet 3s can spawn
- Zombie mode where ~5% of the players are humans and the rest are zombies (human number has to be very low as many will leave if they get zombie)

And then later, when Bluehole actually want to devote resources to the special gamemodes, things like fog maps, overpowered vehicles (small helicopters! APCs!), special comedy weapons can be added

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Short answer: No

Custom games exist within PUBG but only twitch partners can host them and since noone hosts them, noone joins them. The feature might as well not exist at the moment.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Elman posted:

I love how none of the report reasons really apply in this case.

"Welp, guess I can't report him then."

There's already no report category for wallhacks, which is a bit dumb

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

None of the cheating subcategories cover it though. Not that that stops me from reporting them, obviously

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

credburn posted:

Seems weird to enable achievements on the side that is most likely to be unbalanced and poo poo.

The achievements themselves are being tested

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Flaggy posted:

I haven't seen that many cheaters recently which is nice. A few questionable shots/kills but no blatant cheating.

Me and two squadmates lost a chicken dinner to 1v3 full auto headshot spray from an M4 from 300 meters away yesterday, so it's defo still around

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Achievement pro-tip: All the Kill X Players with Y Weapon achievements can be done by downing people in duo/squad games with assault rifles and then finishing them off with the retard weapon of choice. It's definitely the easiest way to get the crossbow achievement.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

VulgarandStupid is entirely correct here I'm afraid

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You desperately need to drop school and Hacienda/Pecado 30 times in a row

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

My squad and I stick to the rule of 50: If more than 50 players are alive when the first person from the squad dies, everyone rambos in like retards, die as fast as they can and we requeue. If less than 50 players are remaining, the survivors keep playing. It generally works out well, in that deaths during initial parachuting and looting don't suck, whereas any round that is starting to look good doesn't get halted by a death.

The downside is that all my friends are retards who have yet to realize that throwing your body in the way to try to save a downed teammate is 100% worth it in the early game when we play by the rule of 50. If the round effectively ends when the first person dies, there's no reason to play safe and save yourself while the downed guy ticks out.

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Jack B Nimble posted:

I'm absolutely thinking forward to what the next big BR game could be, there's rumors DICE are going to try their hand using Battlefield.

Path of Exile just pushed a BR mode as april fools and people seem to love it

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Zipperelli. posted:

Way behind on this, but I just got the chance to play the flare gun event on Mirmar, and wtf? We can't have a legit 8-man squad, its a normal 4 man with an additional 4 randos? Dude, Bluehole: Go gently caress yourself over and over for blue balling everyone like this. Don't say "8 man" if, while it will have teams of 8, you only get to choose 4. What a lovely misrepresentation of the mode.

Edit: I'm sure they said this somewhere, but still. It's bullshit.

Lol, what a thing to throw the toys out of the pram over

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

Thom P. Tiers posted:

So this was a first time thing for me. :(

What am I looking for here?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

I do a single game on Asia once a month to get 20 kills and remind myself that people are legitimately really bad at the game