Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

I've noticed that I'm usually with my own people lately. Actually managed a game with 13 kills, which is the first time I've ever surpassed 6 or 7, I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

They should just take away death cams at this point, because now most videos posted here are replays of someone glitchily shooting and a bunch of screeching about hacking.

Hypnolobster fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jan 2, 2018

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

:3: Oh my god

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Hooplah posted:

I'll always use the kar if i find it. The DMRs are more situational, but still good

Yeah but if you're gonna miss, it's better to miss 40 times with a DMR than 3 times with the Kar. Stack the deck in your favor, I say.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Can we talk about how the DP-28 is actually great, because nobody is mentioning it and I keep finding it -constantly- and it's hilarious and fun.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Groovelord Neato posted:

why in the name of god would you torture yourself like that.

Do'nt kinkshame.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Matazat posted:

Does the AK suck now or did I just get bad? I can't hit anything at range with it, and even at close range I keep dying because the full auto sprays all over the place.

See: compensators are better than silencers.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

^ really? I use Yak Yak and it hasn't caused problems for me (yet).

Didn't they fix the 8x not returning to it's previous zoom level when switching weapons? It sure isn't fixed for me.

E: or is that only on test right now?

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Party Plane Jones posted:

Shotguns are something you use for the quarter minute after a drop until you find an Uzi.

Whew yeah that's 10/10 wrong there, friend

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Got a solo win with 4 kills (meh), but it's the first win in a while. Jesus christ I always forget how insane it feels. The lows are somewhat low in this game but JESUS CHRIST the highs are high.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Goffer posted:

These are by far the best prefab loot buildings in the game

And the multi-garage concrete building that's usually right next to it. Land of surprise 8x.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

uniball posted:

in Cars Only news we finished season 1 right on top: 1st/2nd/3rd/6th/7th in the world for road kills per game and 1st/2nd/6th for total road kills.

here's a new vid of us doing cars

This is still the best thing, and the rage this probably causes feeds my soul.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Why am I still being regularly defaulted to Asian servers after all this time?

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

I've found the best way to deal with hackers is to disable death cam. It's better to assume you're just bad instead of feeding the rage inside you.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What's this 1.6gb update that's downloading for me on Steam right now?

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Waiting for the day they nerf the M16 and add a max fire rate because -holy christ- it's good if you can click fast.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Talking of blood splatter, I finally turned to the dark side and switched on blue blood. So much easier to see when you land hits... feels kinda gross.

And you guys talk about letting other people loot for you? I landed hospital and was dealt a lovely hand, so I decided to put that method to use...

https://streamable.com/azy24

No shame, zero fucks.

:madmax:
Both of these things are The One True Way.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Party Plane Jones posted:

DP-28 and Nagant are Erangel only, Rhino, Sawn off and Win94 are Miramar only.

DP-28 should really be on Miramar because the engagement distance is so much longer and you can actually take advantage of the bipod.

DP-28 should definitely be on Miramar because shredding vehicles from a million miles away with super plentiful and largely useless ammo is one of the greatest pleasures in life.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

The real solution is to drop more .45 so I can keep running around and chainsawing nerds in half with the Vector and an extended mag.

Best use for the tactical stock.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Accretionist posted:

Did they add wind?

First game since patch, I was aiming for Pecado highrise and my chute pulled hard east. It was either a control glitch or wind.

This happens to me a lot. It's always near the ground and usually if I've been going for distance.

Seems like it's the server having no idea where you are.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Hot take

Skins and the culture around them are pants on head stupid.

If I have to listen to csgo style "yo bro that skin is sick" in pubg I'm going to be somewhat sad.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Has anyone done the mouse sensitivity fix and had a pubg revelation?

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

^^
People already hate Bluehole for their management of this game. Doing random poo poo to the mechanics isn't the way to win them back over.

Elman posted:

People mocked this post and so did I, but my group decided to give it a try and it actually works pretty well. Maybe it's not as good in squad, but people in duos really, really don't wanna let their friend die and they'll make stupid decisions when they think there might be a chance to help them out. Finish their friend off instead and you turn them into a guy with a vendetta and no survival instinct, who'll do anything to mess up your game.

This is some Sun Tzu poo poo, I'm telling ya.

We try and go for the kill if they're far away to stop endless ressurect battles but leave alive at close range when we have the advantage.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

It is, but it's only an problem when the map is enormous and extremely difficult to navigate.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

I was just about to give you poo poo for wasting a painkiller.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Oh good another 7.62 dmr. With even more recoil than the existing one that has comedy-level recoil.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Vert grip or nothing, unless you really super plan on spraying and then maybe angled. It's better to just shoot people than overthink what grip you need.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

You don't really need all the lines on the VSS unless you're trying to 1tap someone for some reason. The correct VSS method is full auto and just aim the bullet spray. It's surprisingly controllable, and .75 seconds later the guy you're shooting at has 20 9mm bullets raining down on him.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

I too prefer cheaters in my multiplayer game rather than waiting for a 25mb download every day or so.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

JEEVES420 posted:

, mention you need a backpack and next door you open will have one sitting there.
This is actually the most incorrect thing I've ever read.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

The vector shits out so much hate in such a short time. It's easily my favorite fun right now to run alongside a dmr.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Ehud posted:

I’m having a hard time playing Miramar and Erangel after experiencing the loot on Sanhok.

Don't worry, the bountiful 5.56 will probably go away fairly soon and it'll be awful just like the other maps.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

I swapped lean to V and B, but I also have big hands and it's not really hard to hit with my thumb.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

Dungeon Ecology posted:

im p terrible at this stupid game

anyone have any recommendations on setting lean keys. I hate Q and E because they really stifle movement
a friend suggested i should try inverting them so Q is lean right and E is lean left

Inverting them helps, but I couldn't get used to it. I rebound V and B to lean. It's pretty natural to hit with your thumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-Ii7hSOoiM
lol