Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Had a lot of fun playing against hacker squads tonight, and gotta say, they are obvious as gently caress.

https://plays.tv/video/5a4349a17a3107f6f8/hacker-team
https://plays.tv/video/5a43617cd5532b0859/yet-another-hacker-squad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/946037813820006400

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Zaodai posted:

They always patch at the weirdest times. Why do they patch in primetime?

Start of the business day in Hong Kong/Asia so they can have everybody working on fixing any problems that pop up. 6pm PST translates to 10 AM HK time.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

AppleDan posted:

What exactly are they fixing?

Who knows! They haven't released the patch note as of yet (the tweet mentions player positioning problem reduction which I guess translates to rubberbanding)

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

spudsbuckley posted:

Can you do anything about the game just straight up not giving you your BP at the end of a round?

It has done it to me before but it just ate 450-odd on me from a 3rd place finish and i'm finding the 'ole Early Access charm to be wearing off with this thing.

It's a known (lol) bug but they haven't done poo poo with it since release so you might expect something done today and if not in the New Year.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

zapplez posted:

Git good man you arent being killed by hackers you just suck.
https://streamable.com/n3aob
Oh. Maybe not. Sometimes

edit : link broken, fixed.

Deathcams should have x-ray mode turned by default.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Red Red Blue posted:

I like that the red zone is such an intense sound but I think it can still be toned down a bit

New red zone at least gives you an indication of when poo poo will be dropping on you. The artillery firing is audible about 5/10 seconds before the rounds start hitting.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Linked to Reddit because you need the audio and their reddit video system is absolute dogshit that you can't mirror because they separate audio and video tracks but hey here's a good video:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/7mw207/the_tragedy_of_pecado/

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I can play FPP on Erangel, but on Miramar it's sort of an absolute hell when in vehicles. The viewpoint over terrain bumps around enough that it's a bit sickening (and I don't usually get motion sickness in games at all). It's even more evident when you use the motorcycle or the buggy.

Similarly it's why shooting from vehicles is absolute dogshit. Shotguns are the order of the day there.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I haven't been 100% keeping up with the thread, but have they hosed up the damage calculations? I sometimes body blast a dude with a shotgun early match (once last night I saw him land properly and not take damage) and get <20 hit points or something.

If you're talking about shotguns specifically I believe one pellet is counted as the 'seed' pellet where all the damage is calculated from. Hit somebody in the arm, that's going to do all limb damage.

Hit points in end of round calculations is done by 5 hp to the point. 20 points of damage is one outright kill from 100 to 0.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

flatluigi posted:

Nobody thinks there's no cheating, it's just that the last several dozen times someone's posted ~inarguable proof~ that someone cheated by posting an anecdote or a killcam clip it turns out to be much more arguable than they believed.

Yeah, you sort of need replays in order to actually reliably prove somebody is hacking. When you have the ability to see where all the player positions are in hindsight and then can see the guy you think is hacking also know ahead of time then it becomes pretty easy to spot.

https://plays.tv/video/5a43617cd5532b0859/yet-another-hacker

It's fairly obvious in this one. You can see three things:
1) he can see every player's position, and he's swiveling his head super obviously on it to track. This might or might help him as you see in
2) when a player is in view, he has an aimbot which allows him to get reliable shots on target no matter the distance. Said aimbot also hosed up and almost got him killed by tracking a player that wasn't engaging him 3 separate times in 5 seconds
3) at no point does this guy actually ADS while on the move against people. This most likely means he has an aimbot and/or a no recoil hack to offset the 3rd person accuracy penalty.

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Jan 2, 2018

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

That squad is astoundingly awful.

Incidentally that's two separate squads. You got a finally killed notice on the first guy you downed when the third guy you killed (HONGJUNG919) kills gan459 to finish off that first squad.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/status/948538577960472576

That sort of explains some of the longer distance engagement fuckery?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Groovelord Neato posted:

i've died at least five times because i thought an enemy was one of my teammates.

The nice thing about the old teammate color scheme was that it was garish enough that you wouldn't shoot them out of hand (or delay yourself from shooting them) like you might with the new one. Squad member #1 (yellow) just blends the gently caress into 95% of Miramar's backgrounds.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Elentor posted:

The new map favors camping

I'm not sure if you realize how PUBG wins work there friend

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Odobenidae posted:

There's a new bug that has scared the absolute poo poo out of me a couple of times already. Sometimes when you kill someone their body will continue to make noise as if there was a live player there. I killed a guy who must've been lying prone, because when I went to loot him it sounded like there was someone prone crawling in spot where he died. Nobody there when I checked the replay. Until the dude's ragdoll despawned there was also a endless stream of syringes that kept appearing, dropping, and then rolling down the hill. Maybe he was using a first aid when I killed him and the animation just kept looping without him?

This also happened to me when I was in a car and heard someone walking around a wall. I got out and spent almost three minutes combing the area to see where this person went but when I checked the replay there was nobody there at all, no sound in the replay either but I definitely heard it when playing. I'm gonna try to get it on video next time.

Back when the game first came into early access there was a THUD as the game randomly thought you were being shot (for no damage) that happened a looooooooot of the time. Drove people insane.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

fletcher posted:

Yea why wouldn't they just go the DayZ route and spend 5 years building a whole new engine???

I mean yeah you can say it's not ideal but they are the ones with $100M+ in the bank and the most popular game in the world

$100m+? Try closer to a billion at this rate. The game has sold 25 million copies on PC alone.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Doorknob Slobber posted:

I imagine the choice to not build their own engine occurred before the game sold that much

They made the smart choice not to deal with Unity's bullshit at least.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://plays.tv/video/5a5085ec35360e8936/ultrahacked

It'd be nice if they weren't just completely and utterly obvious about it.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

Is this a thing? Like, if you get downed multiple times in a match does it decrease your total health or something? Or was he just berating him for messing up his stats for trackers?

The more times you get downed the quicker you die on subsequent downs.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

cinci zoo sniper posted:

What's thread take on M4 vs SCAR?

Scar is more useful as a psuedo sniper rifle and takes less attachments than the M416 to make amazing; its bullets do more impact than other AR variants (eg if you hit somebody it throws off their aim more). M4 is probably what you want up close since the recoil pattern is a bit easier.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

AEMINAL posted:

hacking is loving ridiculous now, ugh bluehole is never going to fix this poo poo

We managed to kill a whole group of hackers through distracting them via using a car and then died to a second group of hackers at the end of the match. TPP is no joke now.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Hypnolobster posted:

Can we talk about how the DP-28 is actually great, because nobody is mentioning it and I keep finding it -constantly- and it's hilarious and fun.

Old map only though.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://streamable.com/mqb7m

Really wish the markers were back to the old colors, god drat. Had to switch targets for fear of hitting teammates.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRrztpb24ag

This is pretty cool, shows how the game is rendered.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Always grab a stock I guess:

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Reddit link but :lol:
https://www.reddit.com/r/PUBATTLEGROUNDS/comments/7q5ar1/the_best_cheater_ever/

edit: non-reddit link
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKsJ7em9Y80

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Jan 13, 2018

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Tetramin posted:

I haven't played this game since probs sept/oct and reinstalling it now. Anything I should know or add to my launch options to help with the inconsistent performance that I remember this game having?

Remove all previous launch options and settings, the performance has increased a lot since then and any old stuff you have going on will probably cause problems.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Yeah DICE LA would own the crap out this affair, their BF4 and BF1 efforts are rather remarkable.

It took them forever and a day to get BF4 to a playable state though and the amount of hilarity in Frostbite from the smaller EA studios (lol mass effect) but yeah EA is probably overtiming one of their studios to design a BR game.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

VulgarandStupid posted:

Hi, hello, I'd like two orders of your finest avocados on toast. No, I wouldn't prefer to have a sandwich.

Is that a pocket below the kneecap the fuuuuuuck

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Perestroika posted:

Is there a particular reason why hacking is apparently so much more common in FPP than TPP? Is it just that the latter is more populated?

You wrote it the other way around than it is currently is but basically:

When you move, your accuracy blooms in third person (crosshair gets larger).
Third person firing is less accurate by design even without moving. (this changed within the first couple months of EA, previously you had 1:1 accuracy in TPP/FPP)
Aimbots hackers use remove both of these restrictions.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Regrettable posted:

I'm pretty sure the reason people are being arrested is because they're selling the cheats for money which is illegal AFAIK.

They're being arrested because Tencent is a sizeable part of the Chinese tech/gaming sector and therefore the CCP has an interest in them so when they signed on as a distributor PUBG got backing it wouldn't have gotten otherwise.

edit: lol china
https://streamable.com/xrl17

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
https://streamable.com/w9msi

Party Plane Jones fucked around with this message at 07:03 on Jan 17, 2018

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Doorknob Slobber posted:

Back in the day when people played Action Half-Life there was this clan called BORG that trolled people a lot. So I guessed the password to one of their ICQ accounts and from there found out they had a file server which had a bunch of the default models, but spiked so that big red lines would stick through walls and poo poo. Essentially a ghetto wall hack. I distributed them to everyone to use against them. Those were good times.

This was sort of still a thing in the days of CSS, people would run wallhack skins until Valve finally got their head out of their rear end and changed sv_pure to always on (sv_pure forces players to always use the server's version of files).

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

cinci zoo sniper posted:

Chinese are also the vast majority of the player base so they can't afford to pull an institutionalised "China Number Two".

They can and they have a ready made excuse in great firewall of china.
Like seriously WOW and EVE and a shitheap of MMOs all have specific chinese regions.

DrNutt posted:

Did they? Thank Christ it was going to take forever to rebound from my initially terrible k/d

Singles/Duos FPP stats aren't exactly gone, there just aren't visible leaderboards for it at the moment. If you look at your career on the pubg client those stats will still show up.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Played a bunch of TPP and for a change only one of the matches involved a probable hacker.

Things looking up.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

daslog posted:

Ok Goons, tell me how to fix my aim. My mouse settings are 6/12 in window, 400 dpi, 5 out of 10 (50%) in game. Watch the end for super slow mo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmEdIr5zP_M

You're not compensating for burst correctly and generally you shouldn't be using burst at distances longer than like 20 feet.

The days of absurdly accurate burst mode are passed
https://streamable.com/b2tx9

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

comatose posted:

I've done consecutive games with my mates that we've all reported as being laggy piles of poo poo so I've gone and checked this website and its said my ping to the oceanic servers is still like 20. I think the ping the site spits back is accurate but a lot of the time its not even close to what you'll experience in game. Its hosed up that there is no in game method to check your ping.

It's not the ping that's the main problem, it's tickrate. When tickrate drops down to like 2 in the final zones (not hyperbole) it just compounds everything.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

quote:

Players, as you know, we're always working towards optimizing our gameplay environment.

We are planning to enhance the performance by adjusting some aspects of the game without impacting the gameplay in any conceivably negative way.

Through the last patch, we were able to improve server and client performance by adjusting the visible distance while the character is in the air. In the current patch we are spreading out the pre-match starting locations. Previously, all the players would spawn together at the same location awaiting the start of the match. Lots of interaction among multiple players in such a small area had a high impact on the servers. To solve this, we have introduced multiple areas where players gather before the match start. As a result, the performance, both server and client-side, has improved.

Additional modifications are also on the way related to the airplane performance improvement. More details will be shared soon.

We will also be testing a new security (anti-cheat) measure that is still under development but we want to start gathering some data regarding it's stability and compatibility. Some PCs may experience compatibility issues during this test, which may cause crashes when starting the game. If this happens to you, please take a screenshot of the error screen and post it here [forums.playbattlegrounds.com]

When the changes on the test servers are evaluated to be stable, they will be applied to the live servers. The time for the live server update will be announced later.

Gameplay
Introduced multiple pre-match starting areas on both maps in order to optimize the server and game client performance
Removed weapons on starting island before the match start

Language
Applied new Russian, Japanese and Chinese (simplified/traditional) fonts
Bug fixes
Fixed the issue where players were able to slide-jump from prone

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
https://streamable.com/6m55d

I crashed out while in the plane so I ended up in the rear end end of the map; on my way in I found a crate with a Groza in it. Groza is amazing, but even more so when the game doesn't have you marked as a teammate for your team after the crash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
lol oh man the XBOX PUBG version sounds lit

quote:

Might just be on Xbox, but apparently if your character has a ponytail, when combined with a hat/helmet, it causes it to hover 3 feet above your head.

https://i.imgur.com/TqjDBbR.mp4