Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

slap me and kiss me posted:

Suppressors are choice because they conceal you from all the goblins coming to murk you who were summoned by the sounds of a firefight.
This is correct, Silencer is best in slot nearly always and that other guys advice will get you killed

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Elman posted:

So the new Nvidia postprocessing feature is basically a hack.

Without:

With:

Look at the shadows. This poo poo shouldn't be allowed.
Yeah uh wow this is basically hacking! Absolutely terrible. I mean who would ever turn something like this on. Just for clarification, which filter is this? Since there's like two dozen. I mean, just so I know what to avoid.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
I wish I had saved the game where my kill cam was a squad of guys in a moving vehicle just poking guns out of the car, firing them at the sky and making the killlfeed scroll

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Doorknob Slobber posted:

drat this doesn't do anything for me

edit - actually it seems like alt+f3 just toggles experimental features on and off so if you just do the checkmark maybe its a different hotkey?

the shaders are an experimental feature. If you don't have it, you'll need to (re)install the latest version of geforce experience.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

NtotheTC posted:

Heuristics can help a little bit. I.e. "this player consistently finds an AR 50% faster than the expected average, probably using ESP".

Whether they have that kind of stats capability at the moment I'm not sure
Given the 5 of the top 10 people on leaderboards literally have cheater names, I think you're severely overestimating their capabilities in general

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

underage at the vape shop posted:

Pu really wants pubg to be an esport and expects it to still be alive and getting updates in a decade. Basically he wants to copy what Riot did with leage of legends. You need to stop cheaters for that to work
it's never going to be an esport because they aren't even competent enough to make a watchable spectator mode. Watching this game in a tourney atmosphere flat sucks.

We're looking at counter-strike ~1.4 eqiv right now and whatever game that remakes this but with a more competent dev team with an eye to spectator tools and tourneys a la CS:GO will go on to to become esports popular.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Jan 31, 2018

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Flaggy posted:

Always South George.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
pubgtracker.com

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
You have time to get either a medkit or a first aid off from full health if you are doing nothing but hiding and mashing the heal button. There's no need to mess with partial heals.

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 23:41 on Feb 15, 2018

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Poseidon

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Third, he uses a boat

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Rabidbunnylover posted:

It'll show the TK on the map now. After folks have uploaded enough data to make it interesting, I'll be adding more stats across matches (e.g. accuracy stats with different weapons) and definitely makes sense to add TKs to that.

(btw, realized that it was hard to notice the interactive link in the first post so edited it - you can go to https://www.chickenspotter.com/matc...zExMTcsMTM2NF19 to play with the map and upload your own replays if you're interested)
if you develop this a bit more and gate some of the better features behind cheap premium memberships you'll never have to work again

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

boar guy posted:

itd be pretty american to let an 11 year old watch pubg streams and get mad at them for hearing swears :)
ftfy, no nudity or swearing allowed in your murder game

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

speedtek posted:

I really really really really wish there was some way to practice the various guns. I have taken many shots with the AWM, and no idea how close any of them were to hitting. All I know is I have 0 kills with it and it's very discouraging.
Keeping your fire button down lets you keep scoped so you can watch the bullet. But yeah, it's frustrating as hell. If watching is your thing, clips / streamers let you get a little visual experience and a feel for a lot of combat, especially in this game where you're not likely to survive your first fight and they are.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

speedtek posted:

That's good to know! The few times I've used it I've had an 8x on it. Does this work with the kar98 as well?
it works with the kar and other bolt-action single shot weapons, as it specifically delays the reload animation that pulls you out of scoped view.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
no health

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
ambush predator is absolutely fine as long as you start ambushing before the final circle so you get some loot

shoot people in the back after they run past you hiding in the grass every day

also ok: hiding outside a building while they finish looting and then shooting them when they leave

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Harminoff posted:

So I have the weirdest issue with this game in that if I hold down any key my game stutters real bad. I kind of fixed this by turning off sticky keys (so holding down W in notepad will print 1W instead of continuing to print them)

However if I press my mouse button a bunch it also causes the stutter.

Does anyone else have this issue, or any ideas how to fix it?
Does this happen in other games? Does it happen in both fullscreen and windowed fullscreen? It sounds like your usb is messed up / faulting. Check windows event log. Move your mouse/kb to other USB ports. I've also seen weird interaction problems with bundled cables, if they're all bundled together but that seems much less likely.

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

cougar cub posted:

The lack of trigger discipline triggers me :argh:
he's just ready to murder the hell of that store wall and some trees in the picture above it

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
the head thing is super stupid, it's the same thing as lean-peeking out from a windowframe, only half the head is exposed to your target and they can fire out

yeah sure positioning blah blah you're able to be fired at so it's your own fault, and you can do it too, but that doesn't make the mechanic any less dumb

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Apr 12, 2018

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
pubg is just bad dude, it's not hacks or exploits. watch the left peek

https://streamable.com/0kmwb

I think the game shouldn't allow you to fire from that position and it feels unbalanced but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Peter Daou Bundy posted:

war sucks poo poo, 30 people in a tiny circle and you can get shot out of the sky. 10 v 10 v 10 is dumb. you like school? well, imagine going to school ALL YEAR ROUND
counterpoint: war is awesome because you actually get to practice gunplay and aiming without a lobby timeout and looting delay and no one cares if you're terrible

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Baller Time posted:

Or do it like me and land on the water tower in Mylta with a VSS and be the ghost of death
ow ow ow, god damned mosquitoes

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
https://i.imgur.com/6d9P9CD.mp4
bonk

Bhodi fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Apr 20, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
Just watch, instead of rolling back the l3-crate-only thing they're instead going to make the kar98 not knock someone in a L2 helmet.