Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I cannot understand why anyone would every play TPP when FPP exists. Please, enlighten me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

But what about the visceral terror of FPP? The bold plays enabled by the lack of third person peeking? Seems to be too much cost to me but then again I don’t get motion sick from it

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Had a good game yesterday. Pushing into Rozhok from school and got into a fight with a couple guys in houses. My mate got downed by a kar98 headshot but instead of running to revive him I instead ran into the house and up the stairs. I don’t think they expected me to do that because when I opened fire on them one guy opened up with his uzi, completely shredding his mate and downing him, before retreating back into a room. I killed his friend and then when he came back out I killed him. The lesson here is never not push.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

patonthebach posted:

I don't know why this so hard for you to wrap your head around. Some people prefer the extra aspect of the game of being in 3rd Person, enjoy it being easier to spot enemies, might even like the minigame of being better at peeking corners,etc. Or its just more comfortable to play in 3rd especially with the jankiness of the cars. I use a combo of both, with going into FPP and ADS when I have a decent rifle and know where my bogey is. Otherwise just walking around the game is much more fun in 3rd.

Nickelback have sold over 50 million albums

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Chicken dinner! It was squads with only me alive versus one other person, and this time I didn’t completely choke potato and actually shot him with bullets from my gun.

I’m becoming a better pilot

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Lot of people in China

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Flaggy posted:

Bluehole will never be able to solve the cheating problem. They make too much money from the cheaters buying new copies and inflating their numbers.

But they have to stop the cheaters to get the money?

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Man what is up with the lag lately?

I wish this game was either less good or not as poo poo

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I’m looking forward to the update where it doesn’t freeze your game momentarily when you get shot. That is gonna be pretty good. Looking forward to 2019

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Can’t fix this freezing when shot bug/feature so I think that might be it for me

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Here’s hoping I can put AA above very low without the game freezing when I get shot

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I played some tonight and it was way better. Pretty solid frames, felt good.

I'm still hell bad though

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Game runs better now but I still can't have AA anywhere above Very Low without the game freezing for about half a second when I get shot. It's pretty good. I would love to play this game without the jaggies but maybe in 2020

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I would also love to play solo instead of solo vs squad but solo games don't pop in OC during the day on a weekend

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

GunSense: for 10 seconds after you land you can see guns through walls. Only 9.99

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

If you wear someones clothes to a chicken dinner you should get to keep those clothes

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Played a bit of PUBG after not playing for ages and got a rando squad chicken dinner and the match after that I got 11 murders. I’m back!

Crazy how much better the game runs now and is yet still so janky

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I recommend checking out WackyJacky101’s vids on Youtube. His vids are pretty informative especially the one on wavedropping which will allow you to land before people most of the time.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Also this tip is huge imo: bind jump to space and bind vault to an alternate key (i use v). This means you won’t jump into the air repeatedly like a complete moron when you’re trying to vault to safety. By default they are bound to the same key.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Penpal posted:

That's a good tip I hadn't even considered, I didn't know there was a separate Vault bind and assumed it was lumped in with jump. Ran into it a lot on sanhok

It’s weird, there are three bindable actions: Jump/Vault, Jump, and Vault. By default Jump/Vault is bound to space so you have to unbind that, then bind Jump to Spacebar, then bind Vault to whatever key you want.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Also I dunno if they fixed this or you have to change it in the settings but it used to be that your vertical sensitivity was set at like 70% of your horizontal sensitivity. There should be a setting that is like vertical sensitivity and it is a number. Make that number 100 as having one of your axis be 70% of your aiming speed will totally gently caress your muscle memory.

As a disclaimer I have changed all of these things and I’m still hell bad

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

underage at the vape shop posted:

Pubg movement is pretty bad though

Crouch as you turn corners to take em hella sharp

Just like real life baby

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

My general rule with streamers is that if they are not American they are usually pretty good

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Also it gives you 4x as many people to try and kill. And sometimes your team members will carry you, allowing you to survive beyond getting headshot by some ghost during the midgame in solos.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Personally i look forward to never again hearing “guy over there!” *huge spray of AR fire*

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

I’d just have the marker on the minimap. I’m not against the marker appearing on the HUD but to me a minimap marker seems more PUBG.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Slim Mat posted:

Markers do show on the mini-map. I'm not sure what you mean.

I mean the ability to target something, press a key, and have a marker appear on the minimap at that location. So you can be like ‘dude here’ mark appears on minimap “he’s top floor rightmost window” or whatever.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

I think it currently does do that in addition to the HUD marker. I'm not a fan of the HUD marker at all. Even though I've abused the hell out of 3D spotting in BF for years, this is a totally different game that runs at a different pace. It's so much slower, that there is time for people with good communication skills to convey that kind of information. If they do keep the HUD marker, it should ping for like a second or something at least and be more of a general direction thing rather than pointing out a specific window.

Yeah, I’m saying it would be more in line with PUBG if it was just a minimap marker, rather than a minimap marker and a marker on the HUD.

I think just having the minimap marker makes it more of a quality of life change, rather than a game-changing mechanic.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

DrNutt posted:

I'm pretty sure in my case a lot of it is that I'm 35 which might as well be 90 when it comes to an online PVP game. It also doesn't help that I have the reflexes of a sloth on Ambien.

Invest in some dexamphetamine imo

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

DrNutt posted:

Is that meth? Sometimes I drink an energy drink right before a match and it seems to help.

Nah it ain’t meth. I would never tell anybody to do meth.

It’ll just make you more alert and you’ll react faster. Also it makes me less anxious so when I get down to like 5 alive I don’t have to struggle to hear footsteps over the blood pounding in my ears. First time I tried it I got 14 murders, which is well above the mean for me.

The thing about PUBG is that in order for me to be any good at it I have to play it a lot, be well rested, not be high as hell/drunk, not be hungover, and generally just be in a good mood. I struggle to pull this off in my regular life so it’s tough to do in a game I play during my leisure hours.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

You gotta keep in mind that they give this stuff to children

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Ether Frenzy posted:

LOL. Nice play, excellent interview. 0/3 on team high fives, maybe have another baby while you think that strat over. Try a fist bump perhaps??

To highfive perfectly every time simply look at the persons elbow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Penpal posted:

Everyone who repeats this "advice" is dead wrong

You maintain DIRECT eye contact from the set-up to the follow through

I’m coming to your house to high five you mate