Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Party Plane Jones posted:

Start of the business day in Hong Kong/Asia so they can have everybody working on fixing any problems that pop up. 6pm PST translates to 10 AM HK time.

incompetent bluehole devs not realizing the most important customer is north american players and won’t region lock or schedule maintenance around them :rolleyes:

bad devs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I exclusively play US TPP and I've never once had any suspicion that I was killed by a hacker. I've played many many hours of this game. I don't go out of my way to find out though and probably wouldn't notice even if I did watch the killcam, so chances are I probably have been, but it's a total non-issue for me. I just hit play game again and shoot some more people, it's not a big deal. Surely you can reflect on what choices you could have made better even if the guy who killed you was hacking. I'd much rather reflect on all deaths as if they were 100% fair and my fault than worry about which ones were caused by dreaded hackers. Usually deaths are a result of *both* your error and their good fortune, and even in the case of a hacker, you can reflect on the "your error" half just fine.

Yeah this is a much more zen way to view this game and life in general, and will yield much more enjoyment than wailing and gnashing teeth every time you die.

I’ve seen exactly one super blatant hacker in the 200 hours I’ve been playing this, and though it was frustrating, we just hit ready and played another. I’m sure I’ve been killed by hackers other times (just based on that ban count) but I always watch kill cams and honestly good positioning and game sense is what leads to victories. Otherwise good players like chocotaco wouldn’t have so much success.

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

esperterra posted:

I do love jumping in Naked Snake style and wearing only what I find.

yeah I do this too and my teammates laugh at me when I’m like oooh trench coat! oooh fingerless gloves! oh man I can’t find any pants

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

I just had a weird bug. Right after I landed and looted a couple things and opened a door, suddenly I couldn’t hit f to interact/loot and nothing was even coming up as being on the ground when I hit tab. I could run around, punch and jump and poo poo, but no interacting. Was pretty frustrating

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Rabbi Tupac posted:

This game is full of chinese hackers and it saps all the fun out of it. Full stop.
:goonsay:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

esperterra posted:

Ever since the new patch, textures are never fully loaded when I drop into Miramar so loool when my squad does a hot drop and I have to run around for a minute or two to wait for it to load in, or levitate thru the buildings looting and run the risk of getting stuck in a wall/stairs when everything pops in.

This was me before 1.0 fixed the issue :shrug:

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Dangerllama posted:

Fortnight is fun but man the toony aspect really turns me off compared to the gritty realism of being killed by a shrinking blue forcefield.

The pace and generally “loose” feel, or I guess yeah cartoony feel of running and jumping around is really jarring coming from pubg too. It honestly feels way simpler and more action oriented, which takes the tension level of running into enemies down imo

I played it a bit, and it may be battle royale, but fortnite and pubg aren’t even in the same league for me

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

oh there's a new patch out hm let's see what's changed

*loads up a match of pubg*

e: lmao okay good it's not just me

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

AndyElusive posted:

Ok well, hopefully the SSD I'll get remedies the issue of being unable to play this because goddamn.

having a ssd is great and should improve performance for basically anything on it, but having said that, the posters itt telling people to get ssds are being somewhat facetious/hyperbolic. i have pubg loaded on an ssd and it still runs like dogshit

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Groovelord Neato posted:

it objectively sucks.

thats literally objectively your opinion

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

i happen to agree but thats not an objective truth or anything. area denial mechanics could be interesting if they were implemented better

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

fortnite is kinda fun but it’s way more arcadey/fast paced and the building poo poo is dumb and yeah TPP

I don’t mind playing it but it’s not a pubg replacement, not even close

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

I really wish they would add silly cosmetic loot that you can only pick up in game. Maybe make every crate come with one or two pieces of like a Mexican poncho or a clown outfit or something that isn’t available at the outset (like as a steam item)

I personally only play naked pubg and always loot my enemies corpses to assemble the most ridiculous outfit possible, and high end cosmetic loot only available in game would def enhance my experience

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

aw man did i really miss the first wave of keys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

Yeah, wtf? He describes why he is bad at Miramar and how he should be playing instead but can't see it?

all my enemies are always behind a ridge and for some reason I can only find vast open fields! the terrain loot table always fucks me