Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drape Culture
Feb 9, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

The End.
Driving is hard. Every time I let my buddy drive it feels like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drape Culture
Feb 9, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother.

The End.

That drat Satyr posted:

Also, has anyone seen a map that marks out stuff like common vehicle spawns like there was in Erangel? I've found a couple via Google but they all seem to be from early test servers.

I thought that the vehicles no longer always spawn in the same spots.

Drape Culture
Feb 9, 2010

The End.

Hellsau posted:

There are designated vehicle spawn points, it's just now vehicles don't always spawn facing east and there aren't guaranteed vehicle spawns anywhere.

Ah ok, thanks for the clarification.

Drape Culture
Feb 9, 2010

The End.

Zaodai posted:

I think Anti-Aliasing being off is the main thing you still want turned down to be competitive, so it doesn't smooth out pixels of people hiding in bushes (though they're still a bastard to spot).

How do you deal with anyone further than 100m being about 2 pixels high? Should I be buying a 32" 4k monitor for a video game? (If you say yes, I'm citing this post when my wife yells at me)

Drape Culture
Feb 9, 2010

The End.

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

What do you have currently?

24" 1080 LED, nothing incredibly fancy.

Zaodai posted:

I deal with it by getting shot by them without seeing them, and then hoping I spot the muzzleflash or just see them in whatever the obvious cover is from where I got hit from and can then outsnipe them at a disadvantage, because my eyes are loving terrible.

Usually I just die.

I'm really good at the last part of that

Drape Culture
Feb 9, 2010

The End.

Peewi posted:

Good to know that shower curtains are bulletproof.

Some fences on the new map are bullet proof, too. I'd tell you which ones, but I don't want to spoil the surprise.

Drape Culture
Feb 9, 2010

The End.

Scoss posted:

FWIW I think the game has some kind of actual caching bug that is exacerbated by not being on an SSD, and has nothing to do with anything "wrong" with the computer.

You can't cache on a cold start. The game is loading, what, a few gigs of assets into memory at that time. A platter disk can probably only sustain around 80meg/sec and a decent SSD can sustain over 500 meg/sec. It's pretty clear which one is going to load the assets first.

Drape Culture
Feb 9, 2010

The End.

Groovelord Neato posted:

even if you were a lot closer and he had a clear line of sight on you that still would've been hilariously blatant cheating.

These stats seem legit: https://pubg.op.gg/user/huya-siwni?server=as

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drape Culture
Feb 9, 2010

The End.

Dangerllama posted:

Last night I got punched to death in a corner by the guy that entered the first building with me. I ran upstairs, had picked up a shotgun and was loading it.

:negative:

I've done this several times when dropping hot and someone snags the gun I ran to. It's that or be shot in the back running somewhere else once they finish reloading so...