Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

First page :getin:

The game no longer is bad and I am glad of it

Also the new map sucks

Thanks and god bless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

CascadeBeta posted:

I actually unmute global chat after dropping out of the plane for the off chance that someone left their mic open while trying to sneak up on me. It's happened once so far, so I'd say it's a good habit to get into.

it happens all the time because people think that it's team chat

In squads last week i killed an entire team by myself because i found a shotgun and all i had to do was follow the "where the gently caress are the guns in this map???" voices

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

We played some squad TPP and there were so many Chung_Lee_6546546873524's with amazing shots and terrible, terrible positioning

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

All I have to say is rule 36 bitch

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

The first step is identifying what exactly you’re bad at. Are you bad at cqc, long range sniping, or urban warfare? Do you just stand around instead of adad + crouch spam?

Back when I played this game a lot I wanted to get good, so what id do is drop on the busiest places and try to kill everyone, then when I die assess why I died. Did I push too quickly? Did I accidentally switch guns when standing up to shoot from cover?

Self analyzing why you you died is a great way to get better at any video game and the new replay feature makes it easier to do so

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

TracerBullet posted:

Okay - I am bad. That said, in my experience, trying to juke side to side gives me a huge bullet spread and I can't hit poo poo. Additionally, whenever I go into a fight crouching (or just crouch incidentally) I get shot in the brain pretty much immediately. What would be the best 'strategy' if you do come on someone out in the open and it's just an even 1 on 1, no cover?

If you're tracking someone, know where they are, and trying to get the jump on them, do you want to be crouching behind cover and leaning to minimize bullet spread and your own exposure?

I seem to lose most 50/50 fights and I want to know why :mad:

Yeah during firefights you don’t exactly have to do those things, but if you’re standing around waiting you should

For instance yesterday I finally found an SKS to replace my AKM, crouched down, and started doing my thing. I had just checked the rooflines so I thought I was good to go since I was in the third floor and I had a level three helmet, so I didn’t do any movement spam

As soon as I picked the gun up my brain was splattered against the wall by an M14 guy who could just barely see the top of my helmet from the roof of the building next door

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Playing squad FPP just now with Herstory Begins Now and drop on Mylta. Find 3 K98s and two Mini 14s and a fully decked out m416 with 200+ rounds of 5.56 and plenty of glass. Driving across a field and HBN gets a crossbow to the head, we all have separate cars so I pull off and start sniping at the guy who has killed our other squadmate about 400m away. Suddenly the guy disappears and has speedhacked to directly left of me and 1 taps me

I think I’m done with this game for a bit

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

jokes posted:

Are there some, like, hot tips that all goons should know about this game? I do well, but I get shot in the back a lot or I watch death cams and I look very oblivious or dumb.

1) always be moving
2) dont shoot unless you can confirm the kill and know you dont have friends coming up behind you (ask slim_mat how I hosed all of us by shooting at a guy in the blue zone, alerting his team at the bottom of the hill and the team at the top of the hill across from us)
3) dont be doctor disrespect and take forever to figure out your inventory, you just need heals and ammo

that's my tips thanks for reading

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

daslog posted:

On the same note I need some better insults to yell at Chinese players while in the lobby. Idealy I'm looking for something the I can say in English that will enrage them.

tony ma

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

eonwe posted:

I think this game is very bad, but also, very good.

same, OP

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Zaodai posted:

I don't disagree with there being too much space that's pointless, but even the open areas feel less death-trappy to me than on the old map. The old map has so many places that are literally open fields with no cover where you're just going to have to run through a massive, coverless kill zone people are already camping, or just take a buggy and storm through it.

yeah the new map just has massive valleys between tall hills/mountains that tend to have people ready to shoot down at you while you try to make it up the side of the hill instead, which is so much worse

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

DrNutt posted:

When 1.0 came out, did they introduce matchmaking in FPP modes? I just checked my career stats for the first time since solo squadding and I'm in the top 20% and it definitely feels a bit harder to crack the top ten now.

Yes they did

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

abigserve posted:

I can't believe I'm writing this but shooting in pubg is way more fun than in modern battlefield

Enemies take a few hits to go down, as do you, so it feels like a real firefight where you have to use positioning and cover

The gun play in PUBG is the best I have ever experienced in a FPS imo

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

keyframe posted:

What other fps games have you played?

I mostly mean online multiplayer FPS, I don’t play single players games because it’s more fun to make a kid in the Midwest put his keyboard through a wall

Previously my standard was the battlefield games

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

I don't know about you guys, but I'm still expecting them to nerf the loot on Savage before it hits even the regular test servers. It just doesn't make for a very interesting early and mid game when everyone has an AR and armor 5 seconds after landing.

If are seriously calling running around with a pistol and no armour for 15 minutes before dying to some guy who got the only AR in a square kilometer area “interesting” then maybe u should play DayZ instead

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Assuming we are talking about Miramar/Erangel, where are you dropping that you have a pistol and zero armor after 15 minutes of looting?

I do enjoy the savage loot levels, though.

i was being facetious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

drunken officeparty posted:

People obsessed with the war mode and think the regular game needs more loot should probably just play a different game. The whole genesis of BR games is from the survival genre.

Nah