Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

Playing squad FPP just now with Herstory Begins Now and drop on Mylta. Find 3 K98s and two Mini 14s and a fully decked out m416 with 200+ rounds of 5.56 and plenty of glass. Driving across a field and HBN gets a crossbow to the head, we all have separate cars so I pull off and start sniping at the guy who has killed our other squadmate about 400m away. Suddenly the guy disappears and has speedhacked to directly left of me and 1 taps me

I think I’m done with this game for a bit

Every time I read "1 tap"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjzhLdDu_iM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:laffo:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Elman posted:

Is it best to stay near the edge of the circle or somewhere closer to the middle? Assuming there's a vehicle available, I mean. Both options seem viable but I don't know if there's a better choice here.

If your goal is making it as far as possible, and you get a transport before the first two zones, then the best bet is to just sit it out on the outskirts (assuming that you don't need to loot more). Starting with the third zone it really depends on the number of players alive and zone configuration.

Typically I/my stack will drive for the first two zones, and then go on foot from there. We rarely stick ourselves further than the first third inwards from the edge of the zone - only to fight for drops or if it's some of the only meaningful cover remaining.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Elman posted:

How is the latter more fun?

Why bother sweating if you can just wipe rear end with the survivors?

E: Though yes, before someone rushes to correct me, this approach will get you hosed if the 4th-5th zone forces you to move towards that building/compound in the open, even if it is a destructible shack.

cinci zoo sniper fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Jan 2, 2018

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Party Plane Jones posted:

If you're talking about shotguns specifically I believe one pellet is counted as the 'seed' pellet where all the damage is calculated from. Hit somebody in the arm, that's going to do all limb damage.

Hit points in end of round calculations is done by 5 hp to the point. 20 points of damage is one outright kill from 100 to 0.

Could you rephrase that seed pellet bit for stupid me? Also, have they mentioned reason why HP calculation is so granular?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

The Mash posted:

A shotgun shoots 9 pellets per shot. (Mostly, a couple might fire less, check that butt-site)

One of these pellets is counted as the magical one which determines the damage modifier of all the pellets. If the magic pellet hits the head, every pellet that hits the player anywhere gets the headshot modifier, and similarly, if one pellet hits the arm and 8 hit head/chest/neck, congrats, you just hit him in the arm with 9 pellets.

I got it. Thanks a lot!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

AppleDan posted:

"no one ever cheats" is more aggravating than "everyone cheats" at this point. People think the only form of hacking is blatantly speedhacking around hipfiring 80 headshots a minute. It's come to the point where it seems like every conversation on hacking is scripted, invariably someone will chime in with "that doesnt look suspicious at all, gosh no one wants to admit they got outplayed/maybe youre just bad????". No you're completely right, this game doesn't have a massive cheater problem it has to be everyone who plays this game can't admit to being bad.

This being the most most popular game with edgy gamers makes it really easy to believe that no one playing this can admit to being bad.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

can someone make that kowloon walled city map because i only get kills at distances where bullets are still hitscan thank you.

They will never do this, thankfully.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

spudsbuckley posted:

I presume the hackers are there to farm BP in the hope of getting a rare set of pants to sell out of a crate?

Or does your whole Steam account get banned if you are caught?

Your whole Steam account does not get banned. Since it's not a VAC ban, you might not even have means to tell if any given player has been banned in PUBG.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Crane posted:

I was wondering about that, I tried to add someone I matched with as a friend, but their username was nowhere in Steam, or in my recent players list. She had an Asian accent though so it made me think that China could access the game, but possibly not everyone who plays is playing through steam.
Is that right?
Is the only way to access the game is with a Steam Acct? (then VAC bans would be more of a deterrent)

Not sure if Steam is the only way to access the game, and Steam Community functionality is banned in China. Since you create player profiles separately from Steam, it is entirely possible that China had some PC bang style deal or something else in place, and that you are not able to look up on Steam someone using their in-game name. If it is Overwatch Korea early deal style affair then they indeed have very little deterrent from potential cheating. Otherwise, an account ban is an account ban, regardless of anticheat or distribution platforms. VAC bans on Steam are just an extra badge of shame, since they are forced to be visible to anyone on your profile page. Age and status, but not game, however.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Smythe posted:

I have begun play this and am SUPER bad. I was pretty decent at APB tho so here's hoping my Old Heavy Watch Hands can be redeemed, in time.

Just shoot 'em up and have fun. I still give heart attacks to every person on Discord when my lovely graphics lead me to believe a bush is a person or wind blows my way or something.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Tweak posted:

the best are games where you spend the first 3 circles barely out running/running in the blue, then finally finding a bike and immediately killing yourself on it

In my last game I died because I forgot to stand up for sprinting from the blue. Was like 20 metres from the zone too.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Groovelord Neato posted:

i don't quite get hacking in tpp. aiming quickly is far less important.

3rd person camera gives you more advantage to use overlay hacks like WH etc. Also, it's just the original, and much more popular, game mode.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Elman posted:

I mean we could've camped till the circle disappeared and hope we'd outheal him but that's awful.
That's what you had to do, I'm afraid.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

FYAD SECRETARY posted:

i would like a map on the magical island of Sodor. we can all ride very helpful steam engines while shooting at each other from the caboose. just be sure to watch out for the little blue tank engine, he can be cheeky

Fortnite thread is over there.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Smithersnz posted:

Does this work any more? The last few times I've been in a small circle, it's stopped at 5m or so, and hasn't contracted past there. Am I just going crazy, or can someone back me up on this?

It makes these standoffs much worse, because I'd way rather be pushed into them than lie down looking through grass for 10 minutes.

When circle is small enough you two should just stand up and gently caress poo poo up. No gun shoots simultaneously in two directions.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Elman posted:

That's fine and all but the problem is I'm not sure we'd be able to spot him even if we did stand up and walk around. He could easily shoot his silenced gun from the grass and we'd never get a chance to see him (that is exactly what happened when I eventually got tired of waiting and tried to look for him).

Crawl in the grass until area is small enough that you are confident you can spot the enemy standing up, the stand up both simultaneously. If that's scary, spend all your grenades in random directions before standing up. Of course, load up on every booster you have too.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hulebr00670065006e posted:

I'm not always a fan of throwing grenades in those situations since that could give your position away while the chance of hitting a nade isn't that high. Sometimes though if I haven't located the last enemy I'll throw any grenade in a random direction to bait him in to throwing one too in the hope that I'll spot where it's coming from.

That said in FPP I hate circles ending in wheat fields, especially if I get there late and have to lay down to med up. I just want to stay standing looking for the snakes.

In open field circles I usually don't bother with them either, unless I have a bunch of frag grenades and know general direction of the target. Still could be useful, especially if you have smoke grenades, to just poo poo the play field up a bit if you are not sure about pushing in whoever is left.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0dWDFDUF8s

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Communist Q posted:

Any chance we could get these added to the OP? I see people posting about range finding and bullet drop on a regular basis.

Rangefinding with the 8x scope

Rangefinding with 4x sniper scope

Aim points are out of date, but range points are relevant.

How to hit moving targets Part of this is out of date at greater than 300m. tldr; aim one body length per 100m.

AR recoil patterns

So, for dumb people, what is out of date from this?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Varkas posted:

For those graphics, I believe what's current is:
-Anything range finding related
-4X Aim points for Kar98K and SKS
-8X Aim points for Kar98K and SKS

Outdated:
-4X aim points for 5.56 Assault Rifles and AKM

Cheers!

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

today i had netcode jank work for me instead of against me for the first time i could notice. landed, grabbed a shotgun and then started a firefight with a guy using a pistol. i fired my first shot at him, seems like i've whiffed the shot and then two seconds later get the knockout. it usually feels like in those first couple of seconds i'm always the one getting knocked out from around a corner or the like

yeah pubg has worst in class netcode. tickrate on pick poo poo up is like 2 (2 actions per second), which is why when bunch of people land in the same place you cant pick gun up 4-5 times in a row

oh and general junk

+ really stupid shotgun damage model. they shoot x pellets. one of them is special and determines multiplier for the damage dealt applied to the rest of them. if special pellet hits head, other 8 hit leg - you deal 9 headshots. if special pellet hits leg, other 8 hit head - you deal 9 leg shots. if special pellet misses, other 8 hit head - you deal no damage. great, isn't it? :wtc:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

my aim is so potato that it doesn't matter, but i assume the special pellet is in the center of the spread? having it come randomly in the spread would be even more ridiculous.

From what I understand, it's at least somewhat random? Also I automatically assumed this is dad chat when I saw you post. :v:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

il serpente cosmico posted:

Have you looked into getting an aimbot?

Are you the Discord Goon McHacker?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Imagine ski physics in PUBG. :stonklol:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hellsau posted:

only if there are wingsuits so you can go cliff to cliff

Wingsuits sound inconvenient for flying in blizzards.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

wolrah posted:

Imagine Tribes-style skiing in PUBG. So many ways to die from falling.

Please don't remind me of Tribes.

:negative:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Got an M24 from a loot drop in Sosnovka yesterday. Had an x8 and silencer for it on me already.

That feeling when you instakill level 3 dudes. :discourse:

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

What's thread take on M4 vs SCAR?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Party Plane Jones posted:

Scar is more useful as a psuedo sniper rifle and takes less attachments than the M416 to make amazing; its bullets do more impact than other AR variants (eg if you hit somebody it throws off their aim more). M4 is probably what you want up close since the recoil pattern is a bit easier.

Sounds about right for how I play. M4 is my last budget sniper choice from ARs.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

My favourite sniper AR is M16, so far, but that's mainly because my buddies told me it ostensibly is the best of the lot for sniping. I'll still go for a SCAR if I have the gadget and the choice.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Good point about 8X, yeah

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:staredog:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8jP--5vw3w

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Extortionist posted:

I think this is the best thing I've seen happen in 200-something hours of this game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LTEV6jyPGhM

I was on the defending team and we spent a minute or two trying to figure out who to congratulate for the kills before we realized what happened.

Of course, we then went on to win the round.

:laffo: That ending.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

:eyepop: Nice.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Elman posted:

So the new Nvidia postprocessing feature is basically a hack.

Without:

With:

Look at the shadows. This poo poo shouldn't be allowed.

People have played CS:GO forever with vibrance cranked to 3rd hour on acid, this won't be any different.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Bouchehog posted:

Didn't realise that it did that. The original is 3840x2400 so that I can scale things. Anyone know an image host that won't downscale the image?

Yeah, you may have heard of this tiny site called Imgur.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Le0 posted:

I'd say silencers are really only somewhat useful in solo, as soon as you are playing duo or squad they are useless because you can never find enough of them to have the whole team with them and therefore compensator is best in that case.

No.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

mr_gay_sex_fan posted:

Oh my god didn't know, guess I didn't get my "chicken dinner" as they say on reddit lmao amirite

(is that what you wanted?)

It writes chicken dinner in game when you win.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Built a new computer and the game now holds like 70 FPS in Miramar prison with all 100 people there before airplane. :eyepop:

Time to stop covering random rocks with sniper fire because I played on a toaster.