Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
this game needs more goofy dumb game modes

idea: The Running Man. 99 players in 33 teams of 3 that drop from the plane regular PUBG style, 100th player starts on the ground and is the Running Man. whoever kills the Running Man gets auto chicken dinner, regardless of how many players left in the game, but the Running Man's got buffed health, move speed, and a loot advantage to try and even it out.

or maybe a melee only game mode with smaller circles, like the lobby but with health and frying pans and sickles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
the Running Man would have a permanent map marker on his head and there would still be circles, so it would basically be a mad dash for one motherfucker against 32 other teams

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
the lever action rifles on Miramar are fun as gently caress honestly

there should be an old west gimmick mode for Miramar: no armor and a restricted weapon list with lever-actions, the sawed-off shotgun, and the 1895 revolver (maybe reskin frag grenades to dynamite for it)

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

oddium posted:

i have good news for you regarding red dead redemption 2

i'd like to play it in the game i actually already own instead of buying a whole separate $60 game

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Honestly I don't mind the desert map, it's just new and needs tuning. More vehicle spawns and a better loot table would pretty much immediately salvage it.

Also, yeah, voice chat is loving staggeringly awful in this game. I pretty much only use it outside of duo/squad to micspam meme music. (On a related note, props to the guy who was blasting Take On Me last night, that was a good experience)

Regarding your edit1: I know you can set up a custom server, I'm less sure about custom maps. You should be able to make one, in theory, in the UE4 editor, but I'm not sure if the PUBG assets are open for use, so you might have to roll your own and I'm not sure how plugging it into the game would work.

Regarding edit2: PUBG is CPU and RAM hungry as gently caress and isn't gonna play nice with most other apps open, I have an i5-4690k and have to close everything to get good framerates pretty much.

WeedlordGoku69 fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Mar 8, 2018

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

drunken officeparty posted:

I hate people that play music or just blow into the mic more than I hate the people saying offensive things. But the racism stuff is just unimaginative. There's so much you can do in the minute you have that can be actually funny without just being edgy. Read out the wikipedia page for a hentai or something.

And people who keep voice chat muted 100% of the time are missing out on the post-kill banter when you loot or get looted. I love when people talk during that even if it's just to ask how much they hit you for.

playing music is funny as gently caress a lot of the time and hilarious in solo queue if you do it right with Virtual Audio Cable

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Old Binsby posted:

I guess apart from the MLMbux I don’t really get how hacking is fun in any way except to maybe make a little money on the side.

this isn't so much applicable to PUBG, but you need to buy a hack menu to enjoy GTA Online on PC pretty much, because 1) the hack menus have anti-hack protections that keep griefers from doing stuff like crashing your game, and 2) it lets you get infinite money so you can gently caress around with all the cool toys without having to open your wallet for Rockstar to stick a vacuum hose in

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
so has anyone else tried the mobile version

it's... interesting. it's immediately recognizable as the same game, but in Chinese, with a completely different UI, and instead of crates for cosmetics it straight up has a cash shop

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Party Plane Jones posted:

2x once again getting a boost.

eh, it's one that fits the 2x's purpose. the 4x and 8x outclass it to a hilarious extent for actual sniping, so it's more of an upgrade/sidegrade to the holosight than a proper scope.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
okay holy loving lol i just had the greatest thing happen in solo queue

i was chasing a guy immediately after landing, trying to box him, ate some fall damage from trying to superman punch him from a hill

he got in a car to try and run me over

I dashed up and got in the loving passenger seat and he... kinda had no idea wtf to do

eventually he tried crashing the car into a wall but i bailed and died of fall damage, and he went prone by my corpse as if to pay respects

e: my rank was terrible, but the laughs I got out of that were 100% worth it

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

delfin posted:

Playing this on my Moto G5+ now and I can see what all the fuss is about, even if I feel like the Expendable Sidekick and Mobile Inventory Cache on any squad I'm assigned to.

is it still mostly chinese people who are hilariously terrible at the game

e: like, I'm totally worthless at PC PUBG (have never once gotten a chicken dinner, usually place around 40-50ish) but i got the easiest chicken dinner humanly possible with like 12 kills on mobile PUBG on like my second solo match while literally not even understanding large chunks of the interface

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Veritek83 posted:

suggestion: turn on in game voice and actually scream like a loving lunatic

Old Binsby posted:

soundboard the swelling scream of the suicide bomber from serious sam in

alright, so, i figured out how to do this and here's a step by step guide because holy poo poo it's loving hilarious

STEP 1: download Virtual Audio Cable and install it

STEP 2: go in VLC (other media players may work if they let you pick the output device and take youtube videos), click the Audio dropdown, set Audio Device to your Virtual Audio Cable input

STEP 3: go to your recording devices in Windows and set VAC's output as your default mic

STEP 4: in VLC, go to file -> open network stream, paste this in, set to repeat

STEP 5: set your mic in PUBG to "Always" instead of "Push to Talk"

congratulations you are now among the Noisy Boys

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Old Binsby posted:

owns, hope I never run into you

if discord uses your default communications device in windows and not just your default recording device, it should be possible to have an entire squad constantly screaming that's still able to communicate with each other

the extra steps would be:

STEP 6: make sure all 4 people in the squad have done steps 1-5

STEP 7: get them all in Discord, have them set their actual mics to their default communications device

STEP 8: mute the entire rest of your squad in in-game voice and tell them to do the same so your ears aren't being constantly murdered with AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

congrats, you're now rolling 4 deep with noisy boys

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
seriously, let's make goon noisy-boy squads a thing, doing it in solo queue is loving hilarious and i've gotten some incredible salty reactions out of people

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
honestly, i think there's audience overlap between Fortnite and PUBG but people are probably just gonna play both

Fortnite is what you pick up if you just want some arcadey bullshit, PUBG is what you pick up if you wanna do tryhard Arma stuff, I'm personally into both depending on my mood :shrug:

e: so, should I sell crates or open them? I can get pretty much a guaranteed ~75 cents ish from selling a crate, but it seems like some of the items have a way higher potential return.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Good soup! posted:

It's funny how the mobile version looks like a more feature-filled and complete game than the loving PC version :lol:

uh, what? mobile PUBG looks like flaming poo poo, doesn't have Miramar, has a UI pulled straight from the loving depths of hell, and tricks you into thinking you're good at it by throwing literally braindead bots at you until it decides you need to spend money

for a phone version of a game that barely runs on most gaming PCs, it's pretty goddamn impressive, but... it's less complete than the PC version, flat-out, and from what I gather has pay-to-win bullshit too

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
8-man squad needs to be a permanent thing, it's fun as gently caress and makes the game feel like Arma.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
miramar is honestly fine and just needs... more stuff in it

like, a few little towns on the outskirts of Leones and a couple more around Pecado-ish would pretty much fix my problem with the map; I love fighting in the cities/towns but the wide open fields suck rear end

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
suggestion: combine being cars boys with being noisy boys

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

here's a step by step guide because holy poo poo it's loving hilarious

STEP 1: download Virtual Audio Cable and install it

STEP 2: go in VLC (other media players may work if they let you pick the output device and take youtube videos), click the Audio dropdown, set Audio Device to your Virtual Audio Cable input

STEP 3: go to your recording devices in Windows and set VAC's output as your default mic

STEP 4: in VLC, go to file -> open network stream, paste this in, set to repeat

STEP 5: set your mic in PUBG to "Always" instead of "Push to Talk"

STEP 6: make sure all 4 people in the squad have done steps 1-5

STEP 7: get them all in Discord, have them set their actual mics to their default communications device

STEP 8: mute the entire rest of your squad in in-game voice and tell them to do the same so your ears aren't being constantly murdered with AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

congrats, you're now rolling 4 deep with noisy boys

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

boar guy posted:

um, i dont nor did i say i let them watch pubg streams, lol

lots of roblox, though, and minecraft

yeah if you're talking about roblox and minecraft streams that makes sense, choco isn't a minecraft or roblox streamer

for a game like PUBG which is insanely violent it strikes me as a much dumber thing to worry about, especially when playing the game with voice chat will usually mean your ears get murdered with like 50 people screaming racial slurs all at the same time

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
unironically it'd be loving hilarious to have Conan Exiles-style nudity in pubg

let me charge a man with a pan while my gigantic polygon penis jiggles around through the air like one of those car dealership inflatable things

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Invicta{HOG}, M.D. posted:

Just FYI if you pick up a flare gun make sure that you pick up the ammo or else you're going to be running around with a useless gun while people try and gank you. If you don't at least you'll get to laugh when someone loots your body and then begins to run around and look for the ammo while people try to gank them

alternately: grab the gun, leave the ammo, and run like gently caress in a car, preferably while doing the Serious Sam headless kamikaze scream in all chat

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
It really kind of seems like they're trying to push Miramar as the game's new "main" map. 2 out of the 3 event modes so far have been on it and the map rotation seems weighted heavily towards Miramar. I don't like it.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
it seems like it's just 3x shotguns and melee, not shotguns and melee only, so there's still a chance of finding an AR possibly (which would be loving hilarious)

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

that's... that's not the argument they're making. at all. that twitter person is a loving idiot and needs to stop talking.

they're not claiming they invented loving med kits, they're claiming that this ROS game is directly copying the implementation of medkits they used with 3 "tiers", bandage, first aid, and medkit. they're not claiming they invented SMGs, they're claiming that this KO game did incredibly half-assed edits of their models (that "MP5" is literally just the PUBG UMP9 with a bunch of bits hacked off it)

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
yeah, it honestly sounds like a totally fair lawsuit and i'm really stunned at how this is being received by the PUBG community when going after hilariously awful knockoffs would be applauded in any other situation.

like, they're not going after Fortnite even though a lot of their complaints apply to that game too. they're going after the games that are basically asset flips.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Ashrik posted:

Is it illegal to make knock off games now or something? What bar has to be met to make any of that add up to something that is illegal or an infringement?

Bluehole's drawn the line that if your game has substantive differences from PUBG or does something new with the formula (i.e. Fortnite, Dying Light BR, ARK BR), you're good, but if your game is literally just a direct clone of PUBG they will try to full-force gently caress you. I don't know if the law will draw the line in the same place, but that's their intent, at any rate.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

willroc7 posted:

Maybe I'm having a stroke because it seems pretty clear that, "being able to shoot at someone openly whilst (lol) your body is behind cover - and having only your head show" is the exact the definition of using terrain/cover.

if i'm not misunderstanding what's going on here, Q8ee's talking about a bug/exploit where people have found a way to clip their guns through cover and shoot when they ordinarily wouldn't be able to. ordinarily you'd have to pop up a little more because, if your gun would clip through the terrain, your guy will raise it up and you can't shoot; i know there's a few windows in Erangel where if you find a very specific spot you can clip your gun through the wall, so i would be very very unsurprised if you can do the same thing in a few places in miramar.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Dota 2 came out like what, 5 years after MOBA's became extremely popular? Going to have to wait 4 more years for "Pubg 2"

PUBG is trademarked so it'll be "Battle Royale 2" and they'll eat a lawsuit from Toho

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

drunken officeparty posted:

People obsessed with the war mode and think the regular game needs more loot should probably just play a different game. The whole genesis of BR games is from the survival genre.

I mean, a 100-man clusterfuck on a big map is a concept that can be taken many different ways. Fortnite feels completely different despite having the same basic concept. Red Dead 2 BR will probably feel different from both that and PUBG. :shrug:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
it's almost like PUBG is literally an asset flip made by chinese toddler slaves

oh wait

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
here's a thought: get the loving steam app on your phone and enable 2FA so you don't have to wait 3 weeks for marketplace trades, goddamn

if you don't have a smartphone just get bluestacks and pop the steam app on it, you'll lose a lot of the actual security benefit of 2FA but it'll bypass the stupid marketplace bullshit

(mine don't go up immediately but i just have to confirm them on my phone which takes like 2 seconds)

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
okay unironically if you're dying to red zone you're either a really bad player or insanely unlucky

just get in a loving house and wait it out, jesus

e: also "you can get one almost anywhere" loving lol are you kidding me, there's usually a single-digit number of lv3 helmets on the entire map outside of packages

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

If dying to red zones makes you a bad player, I guess shroud is just a bad player.

I'm willing to concede that he might just be getting hilariously unlucky but I'm a loving awful player and red zone has never killed me

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

HATECUBE posted:

in the last 3 games I've played solo, I've gotten two l3 helmets, they didn't make a goddamn difference. I didn't check the environment, moved too far out of cover and gave away my positron respectively.

aparently I should have won 2 of those for getting op drops. I think the mistake erasing force field on the l3 helmet is bugged

the l3 helmet will never stop a headshot on you, but it will always stop headshots you try to make

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
uh is it just me or does this game run significantly worse than it did before the update that added map selection

(i don't know if that's when it happened i'm just guessing because i took a break right before that)

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

BCRock posted:

Sure, but I'm not listening to any advice given by someone with a 0.25 KD, for reasons that are hopefully obvious.

on the other hand, someone who's generally awful at the game but can pull out decent runs with certain guns probably has more room to say those guns are uniquely good

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Hockles posted:

Ok, I just am literally unaware of how the refresh rate works on a computer and was seeing if I could get away with just getting a monitor. I don't want to make a $1000 commitment on an upgrade like this. So, I'll just suffer through what I have now.

Basically the way it works is, the refresh rate is the highest FPS the monitor can show you. If you have a 60hz monitor, 60fps will look the same as 120. If you have a 144hz monitor, 144fps will be noticeably smoother than 60fps instead of just being "60fps with a performance buffer."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

underage at the vape shop posted:

Pubg includes china numbers and most game dont

china numbers are included for every game if it's being played through steam, if chinese players are using an external launcher (which is common-ish afaik) it won't be counted

so at the bare minimum all the valve games there are also including china numbers