Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Zaodai posted:

Assuming that's true (which is entirely possible), it also the highest viewer count on streams where they get a bunch of their advertising for free? I mean half of Asia plays on NA anyway. It seems odd that it would have the highest footprint on twitch in primetime and then a lower playerbase, but stranger things have happened.

If it's just "start of the business day" though, that's incompetence. They sure make enough money to have people work a different schedule once in awhile. It comes with the territory of being a super-successful dev.

It's not. NA prime time is their lowest traffic market.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Parallel Playa posted:

Also, two-time your girl

I was clicking away from this page and had to come back and give this comment some love.

Nice.

Nice.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Zaodai posted:

Or the old standby, "Taiwan number 1!"

Taiwan REAL China, Taiwan BEST China.

Works up quite a lather.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Blue Hole is going to be a literal hole after Trump gets SK nuked so make hay while the sun shines I guess.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Read that car post and tell me that's how normal people talk.

Oh no someone has posted on the SOmething Awful Games Forum

VulgarandStupid posted:

What edgelord wrote that up about the vehicles?

with something other than the kind of words and sentences I use in conversational English at my place of employment.

I'd better react like an absolute cretin about it!

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Where is the commercial for the cheats?

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

This game is currently unplayable trash. I genuinely preferred the mechanics of this game to Overwatch but I'm not going to waste my time playing cheater-riddled trash.

"Anti-cheat is coming soon."

"Ping locking is coming soon."

"Region locking is coming soon."

Too little, too late.

Anyone who I enjoyed playing with has moved on to one of a half dozen other shooters that don't have crippling problems.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Look the perception that the game is widely affected by a cheating problem is pervasive, this perception undermines the legitimacy of many of the interactions that you have including those that are not actually mediated by cheating. Some players are willing to play unfair games, and can still have fun despite the heinous abuses they encounter, but every time you die you end up asking, "did this guy just beat me legitimately or is he enabled by something, even something as subtle as another screen showing my location?"

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

multijoe posted:

A moderate amount of people are cheating, I suspect due to their knowledge that the game has a hacker infestation people are too eager to label legit kills from players much better than them as aim-botters (which is a genuine issue in itself)

Banning a million players for hacking is not a "moderate" cheating problem.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Thom P. Tiers posted:

3% of copies sold.

3% of all copies sold banned in one month doesn't seem like an unbelievably severe problem to you?

That means in every 100 person game you were likely to encounter, on average, 3 cheaters!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

So I finally tried Fortnite last night, because it's free, and whilst the building bits are a little dumb, the mechanics are just so much better than PUBG that I don't know that I'll be going back.