Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

op you forgot to mention this game has absolutely no cheaters/hackers in any* game mode

*- FPP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

is it too much to ask that guns be loaded in before the first batch of people are parachuting to roofs

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

except you cant zero the 4x anymore :/

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

abigserve posted:

This is the biggest issue and why I'm constantly in this thread harping on about it. You guys playing FPP (or on EU apparently) do not understand how bad the situation is in the other game modes.. You also do not have any experience actually getting killed by these fuckwits that you can pick the cheats in these many, many replays of them.

FPP is a ghost town for hackers, honestly. I have never, not even once, seen someone post complaining about hackers in FPP aside from the occasional really obvious clip in a "look at this dickhead lol" way.

TPP on the other hand is an absolute disaster and a complete loving mess that absolutely shouldn't be allowed in the full release version of a multiplayer game. If even 50% of those hackers decide to migrate to FPP PUBG is hosed

so... don't play TPP?

edit: assuming you have the choice on whichever server

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

the best are games where you spend the first 3 circles barely out running/running in the blue, then finally finding a bike and immediately killing yourself on it

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

my suggestion for field endings: bring a jeep. I can attribute 3 chicken dinners to this strategy and one 2nd place finish because I abandoned it prematurely.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

silencers are super over rated

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I relish the opportunity to give a silencer to someone else or switch it for the vastly superior compensator

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

good players like shroud/chadd/me all agree: take a compensator

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Herstory Begins Now posted:

I watched shroud last night and all but one of his games ended with his squad getting killed by hackers.

the same hacker stream sniping him, to be fair

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

it would be real cool if they added an option to disable gamepads since I made the mistake of leaving a controller on and I couldn't figure out why the inventory & mouse movement were so utterly hosed until pressing tab at just the right distance from an item showed a different UI

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

uh it's called investing

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I can't tell if some of those are image artifacts or buildings represented by a single pixel

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I got roped into a TPP game because I didnt want to drop from the goon team I joined, and I assumed the terrible people I killed were there because of my no MMR in that mode. Never again, mode feels like molasses on top of everything else.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

free them both into the trash

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

are fine with not being available anymore, I agree

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

if you've ever backed out of playing mirarmar because you wanted to play erangel instead i guess you're just a crybaby wuss

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

laffo that shroud's team won 3/5 games with the top kill count in 2 yet still came in second. Dinners should be worth way more

edit: top kills overall too

Tweak fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Mar 1, 2018

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

quote:

One major difference from the other versions is the presence of bots, apparently designed to help new players get to grips with the game. As you level up, the ratio of real players to bots increases, and it’s easy to tell the difference — the bots are pretty dumb and don’t put up much of a fight. This might be disappointing to hear for anyone who plays for the first time and is amazed by their own latent skill level, but it’s a clever way to ensure people have a good experience when they first play PUBG.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

gently caress the Martyrdom perk

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

Frankly I'm surprised none of the areas on the map were named, "TEMP_TOWN_NAME"

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

In FPP is the bullet actually coming out of where the gun is on your player model? I thought it at least used to be that the bullets were coming out of your head, hence shadows sometimes showing your gun model there instead of in your hands.

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

people don't actually think all bluehole had to do was add a few, "<input type="checkbox">"s to their UI to implement this right

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

The front end is literally a website

oh my god people do think that was all it took :psyduck:

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

did I miss some press release where they said, "Yea we totally have the infrastructure ready to go to accommodate user map selection we just haven't added anything to the UI yet" because it still certainly seems like people think that check box was all it took to put you into a queue for a map you selected

edit: like holy poo poo adding yes the check box was the easiest thing to do, it was also the last loving thing to do once they finished the MOUNTAIN OF OTHER poo poo required to actually make the check box *do* something

Tweak fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Apr 19, 2018

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

god bluehole just add, "maps: ['miramar', 'erangel']" to the request for starting a game, how hard can that be

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

radios

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

developers should be paid more for having to read dumb comments like that

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I know you pointed it out specifically but it does seem silly to have issue with a floating marker and not the bars describing health, numbers displaying current ammo and stock, compass, minimap, or even team mate health bars ruining the ~realistic immersion~

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I don't understand the swag clip because he acts like because someone in a window is marked the person in the window is frozen

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

I thought Grimmz quit because people far better and far more interesting came in and took all the PUBG viewers he was pulling

and/or the honking

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

whoa hold on no one said the game isn't broken trash just that grimmz is

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

yea you were right the first time, about god's one true mode

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

the jankiness of cars was my favorite part of the game and something I miss playing primarily apex now. You never knew if clipping the corner of some geometry was gonna immediately blow you up or launch you into the stratosphere. I cant even run people over anymore!