Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
The really bad aimbotters/wallhackers will keep shooting at where you are which makes them obvious and stupid. You can bait them in to needing to reload and then headshot them back.

This does rely on them being an actual idiot kid with hacks as anyone with a brain will just laser you instantly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Raged posted:

I just started playing after a few months break and Jesus, once you hit the top tier the aimbotters are rampant. It's not even subtle. Guy inside of building suddenly a 180 and plugs you from 300m away. So drat blatant. staring at the wall directly pointed at me as he moved to a window.

Maybe It's because the Aussie server is 75% Chinese players with strings of numbers and letters as names

edit: lol yep https://www.kotaku.com.au/2017/12/99-percent-of-battlegrounds-cheats-are-from-china-playerunknown-says/

The replay system is very revealing. I thought we got just got outshot in a bad situation and then the replay a guy cruises up and aims directly at my duo partner through red smoke, tracks through tree branches and keeps snapping on to him through the tree trunk as he's trying to aim somewhere else. Not that you can do a useless report at this stage.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
No recoil hacking is taking off at the moment but it's harder to tell if it was used unless they are doing blatant things at long range.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Elman posted:

So the new Nvidia postprocessing feature is basically a hack.

Without:

With:

Look at the shadows. This poo poo shouldn't be allowed.

Please don't doxx my reshade settings.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

DrNutt posted:

Yeah, these maps are too big. And I can think of a few other things that could improve the game also. I mean, if we're going to shrink the maps a bit, maybe we should lower the player count too? Maybe we could just start with 20 people, then you get all the excitement of the final circle right from the get go! Hmm, but how will you do that without all the looting? Oh, I know, we'll let people choose weapons to start with! We can call them "loadouts." Another thing I was thinking is that with 20 people, it might make sense to just put everybody on two teams and let them fight it out. But I guess matches would be over really soon. Oh wait! We can give everyone the ability to respawn quickly after death! I guess we'll need some sort of time limit or score limit to determine a winner though.

Welp there you have it, PUBG is fixed!

Bit of an overstatement when the bottom coast, north and west edges are almost underused. Yes if end circles ever went there it would help but it might have been a more interesting map if it was a bit smaller and they used those ideas to replace some of the towns.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Magres posted:

A Korean friend of mine sent me this:

Apparently map hacks are just preinstalled at some chinese computer cafes. It looks kinda like pubgmap.io to me but I can't read any of the text and he can so :shrug:

That was debunked it's just a helper overlay.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

I bet there'd be good money in writing software that bypasses such a region lock and selling it to chinese internet cafes.

The latency is a bit of a give away.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

keyframe posted:

I don't know. In my experience people can't pinpoint suppressors as accurately as they can unsuppressed. You fire a unsuppressed shot and everyone in a mile radius knows where you are. I have played around people using suppressed weapons and got chicken dinners. At the end of the day use whatever you want. I will be hunting for suppressors still. :3:

In top 3% Duo FPP they are still confusing a lot of players. We just transferred to FPP last week due to all the cheating. Absolutely keep a compensator for when the distances are too low but a lot of players are bad at locating the direction unless they see you.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Anyone else get very delayed shotgun shell drop noises from your squad mates? It's paranoia inducing.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

Neutrino posted:

Watching some of the 'hail mary' kills he makes, I wouldn't doubt he hacks.

Watch some professional CS tournaments. Anyone with that kind of pedigree is going to totally destroy above average players.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Snow maps with skis. And you can use melee at the same time.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
We've had no content except cosmetic crates for three months, having a weekly game mode would be nice.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord

flatluigi posted:

- Everything has taken a backseat to trying to crack down on the cheating problem that is the general #1 complaint about the game. They've come out and said that explicitly, and said more info on new content will come in the next week or two.

I don't know how they can say on one hand loot crates don't take up any developer time but dealing with cheaters delays content.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
My official Battldgrounes merchandise arrived.

It's way too big for a key ring which is what I expected but the quality is excellent, which is a gamble with anything from china.

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
It would work as a helmet for a golf ball. Not much use as an actual key ring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carecat
Apr 27, 2004

Buglord
Eight man squads feels much laggier.