Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«3 »
CaPensiPraxis
Feb 7, 2013

When in france...

Klaudios The Lighthouse

"If you are not lying, I will extend a protection against diablerie over you, so that you can contain and isolate the threat above. Then we will purge it.

Otherwise, we shall seal the tower and destroy all demonic influence within it at the equinox. If you maintain your purity until then you spirits should be unharmed. If not, you will be destroyed.

Take my hand, you three, but careful: do not disturb our circle."

Klaudios maintains his open hand, reached forwards just to the inside border of the protective ward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

The fires
The combatants fight, xechanging blow after blow, until praxiteles delivers a powerful blow, and although the stranger catches it on his shield, there is a visible shock up his arm and a sickening Crunch sound, and then his arm hangs limp. He furrow his brow, then lowers his weapon. "Very well. I surrender."

Lighthouse
The spirits nod, then move foward and each put their hands in yours. "Give us your blessing of sun-racing Hermes," one of them says.

The cave
Moving forwards, you find that the song grows louder, and the air begins to hang heavy with the scent of salt, many exposed surfaces seemingly caked with it. Eventually, you find a gently moving... lake? of salt water. Perhaps it is connected to the sea? in any case, the singing seems to be coming from down in the water itself somewhere. It is very, very beautiful.

CaPensiPraxis
Feb 7, 2013

When in france...

Klaudios The lighthouse

Nodding, satisfied by the ability of these spirits to cross the magical barrier, Klaudios smiles back at them. He clears his throat, "Oh, well. It will take a minute to arrange the spells. I will protect you against fell powers, my allies against mundane harms."

Epiphanios Fires

Laughing with well disguised false joviality, Faniskos breaks the wary tension still binding the bonfireside circle. "Now that matters of honor are settled, we return to party, brothers at arms! Come, play and drink, and I will accompany our wild celebration!"

Fetching the earlier discarded ewer of wine he presses it to one of the men standing dumbly at the edge of the assembled onlookers, trying to disperse the crowd so that Praxiteles may treat with the defeated soldier without further challenge or disruption. Moving on may be best, as not all the men might have settled in their hearts after the contest.

CaPensiPraxis fucked around with this message at Feb 9, 2018 around 18:02

fool_of_sound
Oct 10, 2012

Soiled Meat

Paisios, Adept of Ermis (Lighthouse Adventure)

"We must protect the innocent, of course, but it is also vital that we trap the foul spirits within the confines of the lighthouse. Can you achieve both of those things, Klaudios?"

chin up everything sucks
Jan 29, 2012

Johannus - Cave Adventure
"Such beautiful sound" Johannus mumbles as he stares into the water. "Maybe this is where the Siren lives? Do we have any way to talk to her?"

Praxiteles of Corfu - Fires Adventure
Stepping back from the fight, Prax shoulders his club and raises his left hand in a sign of peace. "Sorry about that. Thought you'd deflect that blow like the others, I should have held back more. Got anyone here good at bone setting?" The scarred face grins after a moment. "At least your gear held up better than I thought it would. Guess Poseidon keeps better care o' your fathers stuff than I thought."

CaPensiPraxis
Feb 7, 2013

When in france...

Klaudios The Lighthouse

Blinking owlishly towards the door, Klaudios does not hesitate to reply, "Yes, if the demons within are not of exceptional strength. Construction will take some hours, but the tower can be sealed, yes. I will go out to the river and gather river clay, from which a durable ring of hard ceramic will be constructed. Purify the clay, and divide the ring diameter into arc segments to be joined and hardened. The diameter required will be approximatl- "

He continues on, rambling until uninterrupted about the exact methodology of constructing a ring that resists the elements as economically as possible, then continuing to describe the structural features of the lighthouse itself and something called an "arcanopraxic bounding shape", a term he appears to have made up on the spot. Pretty clearly, the answer is "probably".

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

Eliodoros

"Well, I would assume she speaks Greek. But if you mean breathing water...hm."

Alexia hops off his shoulder, flicking her ears. "Count me out. I am not swimming."

"I would not ask you to." Eliodoros shakes his head. "I have a better idea, anyway - I'm out of practice with that particular spell, but really, all we need is her attention." He turns to the Jacques, drawing a small rod from a pocket. "Throw your torch over the water and light another."

Then he forcefully gestures at the torch, pronouncing his spell. The flame begins to pop wildly, sizzling and releasing long strings of many-colored smoke. The flame bursts out in short streamers around it. It may be a good idea to throw in order to avoid minor (and relatively harmless, but painful) burns.

Casting Show of the Flames and Smoke to get attention, at least until the water puts out the torch. No roll needed - I can't fail it and I'm not stressed, so no botch chance.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010

Jean

Jean can, he thinks, follow the mathematics of Klaudios's speech, or at least some of them, but he seems visibly uncomfortable about the casual discussion of magic.

Theodoros (Fires)

"Here, let me look." He heads over to the injured man? Fairy? Probably fairy. Still, his spells should work. He kneels next to the wounded warrior. "I know charms and incantations to Asklepios. They may help sooth your pain and speed your healing, if you are not too hurt. Let me see." He inspects the wounds, and then, placing his hands on the man's arm, begins to softly chant.

Casting Purification of the Festering Wounds, CrCo 20. Base casting total is 18 + Aura Modifier.

Purification of the Festering Wounds: 1d10+18 26

fool_of_sound
Oct 10, 2012

Soiled Meat

Paisios, Adept of Ermis (Lighthouse Adventure)

Paisios keeps up with Klaudios' explanation to the best of his ability, while trying and usually failing to get in a word edgewise. Eventually, when a lull is achieved, he manages to add his own contributions

"Right. Carcer is, of course, the the dominant house and certainly Pisces is a major influence. The Moon will govern the integrity of the circle and... hm, yes I should calculate for Saturn as well. It seems that the fiend in question draws from the negative influences of Mars... hm. I'll have to consider this."

quote:

Spell Horoscope: 1d10+11 15 (Creates a +5 spell horoscope for the ceremonial casting. The exact hour is up to Magnusth, if he cares)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magnusth
Sep 25, 2014

Fires
Following the duel, the partying quickly resumes. The man you've been fighting thanks theodoros, then finds and brings a humorously lage jug of wine, easily eight or nine litres, and and pours out two humerously large cups of wine, handing Praxiteles one. He then puts his own on the ground and, with a grimace, grabs his left shoulder and sets his own bone. You're, uh, fairly certain that would hurt quite a lot, but he simply grunts and grimaces. "You won fair and square" he says, and picks up his glass of wine. "To your victory!" he says, then downs half of it.

Cave
The torch fizzles and spits, and spews colourful smoke everywhere. A singing stops with suddently and with a confused-sounding 'huh?' Moments later, a young, feminine face with long, blond hair rises - or rather, forms? - from the lake, and then tilts quizzically to the left. "Who are you?," she asks.

Tower
Calculations made and blessings given, you turn and leave the lighthouse, and behind you, the spirits shout battle-cries and return to the room upstairs, to take up their fight anew. Outside, you quickly begin forming the ring around the tower. The best time for your spell will be tomorrow, at noon. What do you all want to do until then?

«3 »