Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BobKnob
Jul 23, 2002

Vikings are pirates only cooler. Oh yeah not a furry.
Am I crazy or does the gun switching noise can sound a lot like a door opening? Did they change it? I never noticed it before.

I agree on Miramar. There also seems to be a great deal more weapon spawns there. I can actually go into a group of houses and come out with a decent long gun, also a gently caress ton of vertical forgrips for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

:lol: my buddy bought an Bonx and wanted to know if there was anything we could play together so I was like "sure, PUBG is a pile of crap but its the only thing I play on Xbox and it's pretty fun" and lo and behold he loves it more than I could ever fathom anyone loving PUBG, despite being literally the worst player I've ever seen. His incompetence is some next level poo poo. I have no idea what keeps drawing him back to it, but he thinks it's the most amazing thing ever.

So he somehow convinced 2 guys from his work to buy Xbonxes just to play this loving game and I played for 4 hours with all of them and it was the most hilarious game experience I've ever had in my life. Not one of them netted a kill the entire time and the other two guys just hated it and got progressively mad that he convinced them to pay a collective 1100 dollars on "crappy fortnite"

After like 2 hours I gave up the ghost on teaching them how to play and had a couple of the best rounds I've ever had by just using them as meat shields and cleaning up double digit kills via their incompetence. It was also incredibly funny to just die and watch them play. Like, one guy would slowly walk into a door and die and the next would be like "allright, I'm gonna slowly walk in this door right after you, repeat" I'd tell them not to do poo poo and they's just do it anyways and get murked immediately.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
What, these guys didn't complain constantly and just enjoyed themselves?

Sever immediately.

EDIT: I misread, apparently. Still, Sever.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jun 25, 2018

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

No they complained constantly. As I said they loving hated the game.

Ultraviper
Jul 26, 2007

I won the 100th Concurrent WOL Jabber Award and All I Got Was This Lousy Title!
Robbed of a chicken dinner last night. I was the last person alive for the final 3 circles but the game said there were 2 players left. The final circle shrank to nothing and I died. 2nd place. :argh:

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Ultraviper posted:

Robbed of a chicken dinner last night. I was the last person alive for the final 3 circles but the game said there were 2 players left. The final circle shrank to nothing and I died. 2nd place. :argh:

I've had this happen to me twice and it's infuriating.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anyone want to play a few rounds?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Anyone else noticed that shotguns are like, beyond OP now? Like one blast will one shot people even with armor and from a distance.

BobKnob
Jul 23, 2002

Vikings are pirates only cooler. Oh yeah not a furry.
I have killed someone with a shotgun for the first time ever after months of playing... so maybe?

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I haven't noticed shotguns being too OP but I don't often run into people using them. I've put some time on the test server and I really like the SLR. I wouldn't pick up any other DMR over it. Plus the framerates are pretty good now. It's almost a completely different game from what it was just a few months ago.

Edit: looks like the patch that was on the test server is live now. That was a quick turnaround. I have to give bluehole props for how much they've turned pubg on xbox around. They've gone from xbox being 6 months behind PC to 3 months. I mean, I'd prefer if xbox and pc were equal but the amount of work they've done just to make it run ok makes that pretty hard. Now they just need to get Sanhok on xbox.

Live At Five! fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jul 18, 2018

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
They’ve made a lot of improvements to PUBG mobile and I’m ashamed to say I’ve been playing it a lot lately.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It’s way to easy to die from bumping into poo poo in vehicles now. It’s like back when the game first came out. Whoops hit a slight bump in the ground I’m dead.

KING BONG
Aug 6, 2009
Applied to the group as ChronicEmporium.

The Xbox One version of the game is beginning to get a lot more stable and it's getting closer to official release. Is there a lot of Goon interest? I'm looking for a squad to roll with on the regular.

KING BONG
Aug 6, 2009
What's your favorite loadouts? Since last update I like the Scar/Ump combo. Though, if I have attachments and ammo and come across an SKS I'll swap out the UMP and use the Scar to spray bullets down medium and close range.

KING BONG fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Aug 28, 2018

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
Aussault rifle of some sort paired with a sniper rifle of some sort.

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

KING BONG posted:

Applied to the group as ChronicEmporium.

The Xbox One version of the game is beginning to get a lot more stable and it's getting closer to official release. Is there a lot of Goon interest? I'm looking for a squad to roll with on the regular.

When do you play?

KING BONG
Aug 6, 2009

Chemmy posted:

When do you play?

Depends on how much work I have during the week. EST 2-5pm then evening/late.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Word yeah I've been playing quite a bit since the last update and I got your request. I'll add you next time i'm on.

My favorite stuff right now

M4: this is the gun I'm always scrounging for
Ump: Nothing amazing but for how common it is I think it's really serviceable
Pump shotgun: which is really good now

poo poo I used to avoid but love now

VSS (usually only if I can give it an extended mag though)
Mini

KING BONG
Aug 6, 2009
I'm logging in today at EST U.S. 1:00pm if anyone wants to squad up. For those that haven't played in a while, performance has improved a lot. I run it on an Original Xbox One with very limited issues. GT: ChronicEmporium

KING BONG
Aug 6, 2009
Lets Break PUBG!

If 8 players are down to grief the servers we can have some fun tonight. The plan?

1. 8 players join chat party.

2. 2 players host lobbies and invite players until there are two squads established.

3. Everyone strips down to their underwear so we all know who is with us.

4. Everyone readies up except the two hosts. Both hosts 3..2..1..click button and we all get into the same instance.

5. We decide on a landing spot and land together.

6. We all roll together and clear the server.

7. If we are last in the match we can either shoot it out or play some PUBG roulette and huddle together to let the grenade decide.

This has been verified and does work. The people I was rolling with didn't want to work together. They were either scared or just didn't understand. But, why let a cool exploit go to waste.

If there is alternate coms such as discord, we may be able to stack the matches with more than 8 players. I haven't tried that yet, but nothing would be more hilarious than a poo poo ton of Goons running around in our skivvies griefing the matches. This would make excellent stream candy and would probably increase the chance of making Hypezones.

Cool Things To Do:

* If we had enough players we could make SA Goons out of player bodies and grab some screenshots.

* We could stack the matches and all grab vehicles and Fury Road around the map searching for Valhalla

*Set up the best bridge camp ever.

Anyone interested may want to create alt accounts for this, because I don't know what Bluehole's response will be like.

Anyone down?

KING BONG fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Aug 30, 2018

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I know this thread is totally dead but I decided to play some PUBG today and it really does feel a lot better than even a few months ago. Never had and framerate or pop in issues. I guess it helps that my first two games today were chicken dinners. The first one involved me soloing a duo team with a Vector. That thing is monster (if you have extended mags). The best part of that win was one of those two messaging me that I'm a camping piece of poo poo, even though I had to run into circle and they were camping behind a tree. Always feels good to respond to those messages with a simple "lmao".

Live At Five! fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Nov 12, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chemmy
Feb 4, 2001

Vikendi is fun.

https://xboxclips.com/Iscariote/cd3fc827-0e12-4859-b6d2-000b15114feb