Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«4 »
PabloBOOM
Mar 10, 2004
Hunchback of DOOM

Why did no one tell me that an Uzi at close range in full auto is a murder machine. Forget these other guns now...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Always keep an Uzi stock in my back pocket just in case.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012
My incredible shitposting will not transform the xbone into a good console

Lipstick Apathy

veni veni veni posted:

yeah who doesn't want to pick up an uzi off the ground just to have it fire off a single, useless 9mm shot in the heat of battle because you didn't remember to hit left on the dpad 3 times? Maybe if the default was gun specific it would make more sense but that poo poo is ridiculous.

Three times? That seems like a lot.

My finger twitches pretty fast, I guess. Must be those learned muscle movements.

A selectable default setting would be nice though, you're right.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Clunk! Clunk! Clunk! Clunk!

It's really not about how long it takes to scroll through the Dpad. I just feel like scrolling through firing modes as a ritual each time you get a gun shouldn't need to be a thing. I'll remember to do it 9 out of 10 times, but 1 out of 10 times it gets me killed. It really only bugs me with the SMG's because mentally, I pick an uzi up and assume it's going to be full auto and it seems counter intuitive to have to change it to that.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan

Yeah, there are a few guns (Uzi/Vector) that you're just never going to want on single shot and it'd be nice to make them default to something else.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Yeah, I said it would be a good idea.

Beastie
Nov 3, 2006

They used to call me tricky-kid, I lived the life they wish they did.

The game forces you to be aware, that's where all the tension comes from.

"Are you prepared for what you are about to do? No? Prepare to die."

It's why guns aren't loaded and why you have to select fire modes. The game wants your situational awareness to be sharp and you should be mentally prepared for every encounter.

Dying in this game is rarely bullshit and usually all your fault.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Clunk! Clunk! Clunk! Clunk!

Sure, (well I'd argue that's not totally true until some of the lag gets worked out) but that doesn't mean it's designed well. Having something like an SMG default to semi makes no sense, so while it's technically my fault if I forget to switch, or it's technically my fault for aiming at the wrong part of a buggy and I hop in the back and get shot, it's still not intuitive at all. There are plenty of games that force you to prepare and be aware, and it doesn't feel like an oversight or a poor design decision.

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

Beastie posted:

Dying in this game is rarely bullshit and usually all your fault.

Wait, I can't blame the controller any more???

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Isn't the safety also the thing that controls the firing mode? I looked at Wikipedia and that seems to be the case for the M16, but not the Tommy Gun.

Isn't it Bad Gun Discipline or whatever to leave a weapon, even an unloaded one, with the safety off?

vains
May 26, 2004

pretty sure theres a few cheats in xbox pubg now. ive been killed through walls in real buildings, not wooden shacks, and no where near windows, two times.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

Just got chicken dinner twice in a row for the first time. First one I got lucky where I died then my friend closed it out, second it was the opposite, my friend died and then I killed 7 people to close it out. I'm still shaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PabloBOOM
Mar 10, 2004
Hunchback of DOOM

Had a fantastic round where the last circles where I'm the middle of a field with not even a hay bale for cover. Pretty much five people crawling around while the other five drive in ever-smaller circles running us over by sheer luck until I think the final 5 were all in cars in a tiny circle and I'm real sad I couldn't spectate the cluster that must've been after I got clowned at random.

«4 »