Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Counterpoint, it seems the same to me. I've actually been doing better since the update since close range aiming doesn't feel like an absolute shitshow. Well, it does but less so than before.

Killed/looted some dude earlier who had that airdrop bullpup AK thing, and holy gently caress that gun is insane. I can't believe I haven't found one of those yet in 2 months of playing this. Makes me tempted to risk going for the drops more now because it really just destroys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

nm

GET MY BELT SON fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Mar 6, 2018

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I love how this game just gives me duplicates of items all the time and puts a little number next to them in the customization screen, like that’s somehow useful.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

They made the loot loving terrible in this last update. Empty houses, nothing but handguns and shotguns and crossbows everywhere. Sometimes I'll hit 5 or 6 buildings before I find something I can even defend myself with. I'm loving done playing solo. half of the time I die before I even find a weapon.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

veni veni veni posted:

I love how this game just gives me duplicates of items all the time and puts a little number next to them in the customization screen, like that’s somehow useful.

Sell your dupes.

PabloBOOM
Mar 10, 2004
Hunchback of DOOM
Nothing like running along minding your own business and then getting headshotted out of nowhere by some doofus with a Kar. Didn't even hear the shot and I'm down immediately :(

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Sell your dupes.

Wait, what? How does that work?

Edit: oh never noticed that. 30 bp though :/

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Mar 11, 2018

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Well, of course you're not gonna get anything good from selling.

But it makes the numbers go away.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Finally played again after taking a break for a few weeks and I still can't believe that people still go prone immediately when under fire. Well actually, no people should 100% always go prone immediately so I can kill them easily.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Live At Five! posted:

Finally played again after taking a break for a few weeks and I still can't believe that people still go prone immediately when under fire. Well actually, no people should 100% always go prone immediately so I can kill them easily.

On a similar note, I don't use prone much unless I'm well hidden, but I do have a tendency to crouch walk a lot and I'm trying to get away from it because it turns you into a walking headshot target. Standing up and making sure to move seems like the best strategy at all times if you've already been spotted.

I'm kind of hitting the point where I'm getting ok at this game, but for the life of me I cannot get the hang of close range combat. It's crazy to me how someone will be five feet away and I feel like I'm spraying bullets in the shape of my enemy and missing every shot. Never experienced anything like that in a game. The only thing that seems to work for me close range atm is the double barrel which is just a damage motherfucker and super easy to aim, or a burst UMP because it's very stable. I can't hit poo poo close range with anything full auto, which seems like the opposite of what it should be.

E: Also, the P1911 is weirdly becoming one of my favorite close range guns, I always kind of ignored pistols but I've been using it over AR's at times lately. It drops dudes quick especially with an extended mags. I was able to take out a duo with one clip the other day and they both had armor and assault rifles. I was telling this to a guy I was playing with last night and he was skeptical, then within about a minute he did the exact same thing and dropped a duo team with one clip. Now he's a believer.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
CQC is terrible in this game due to the terrible performance and complete lack of auto aim. Shotguns are complete garbage due to how damage is calculated (one of the pellets is the "king" pellet and where it hits determines the damage of every other pellet. So if the king pellet hits the opponents arm then all pellets do arm damage, even if they hit the other persons head. If the king pellet hits their head and the rest the chest, then all do headshot damage) which makes them inconsistent as gently caress, especially on Xbox. High RoF SMGs like the Vector or Mini Uzi are tough due to the inconsistent performance. If I pick up a close range weapon, I'll pick up the UMP. The RoF makes it less punishing close range because it's easier to adjust your aim before having to reload. ARs are pretty much the top option because none of them fire fast enough to screw you over in close range and all have enough range to be useful in most engagements. Snipers are pretty awful on Xbox but I can't help but pick them up because there's nothing more satisfying than killing some on at range. I got really good at using iron sight snipers in battlefield 1 so picking up the K98 is the loving best, even if it isn't the best option.

Unrelated, but does anyone else feel like PUBG is too stressful to play all the time? I seriously get too stressed out to play more than a few games at a time, which is the reason I've been playing a lot of Fortnite BR recently. Well, that plus the fact that Fortnite doesn't run like a huge piece of poo poo. Fortnite doesn't compare to the tension of PUBG, which I find to be a good thing because I can play hours of Fortnite at a time but I can't do the same for PUBG. I love both games but I really appreciate how low key and relaxed Fortnite is compared to PUBG.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I find the micro uzi to be utterly worthless. It was probably one of the best guns in the game when the performance was so bad
that you needed something with a high rate of fire to get cqc kills but now that the game runs a little better it's complete trash. My opinion on a lot of guns has changed a lot since the performance has improved a little bit.

Live At Five! posted:

Unrelated, but does anyone else feel like PUBG is too stressful to play all the time? I seriously get too stressed out to play more than a few games at a time, which is the reason I've been playing a lot of Fortnite BR recently..

Yes, but only solo. If I have someone to play with I'm pretty chill and it feels just tense enough and I generally have a great time. Having someone else there to cover your back, res you, or join in on the groaning about how bs it was that you got squad wiped goes a long way. If I'm playing solo the constant threat of random death wears me out after a round or two. It's so frustrating looting for 20 minutes, never seeing anyone and getting sniped or killed by a camper without firing a single shot sometimes.

The only thing that sucks is that it's hard as hell to find people to play with. Most of the goons I played with burned out and don't play anymore, and the ones that still play have constantly ignored my invites since I first added them :smith: I've mostly taken to playing with some Aussie High school kid that is pretty chill and ridiculously good at the game lol. When I play with him we usually just dominate and it's fun as hell. Finding someone you communicate well with in this game is really satisfying

TL;DR: If anyone is looking for PUBG bros please add GT: Nihils Maw I really need some more people to play with.

PabloBOOM
Mar 10, 2004
Hunchback of DOOM
If I don't have a grip on my gun I don't bother using it and just sprint and weave everywhere.

This has proven to be both entertaining and effective.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Well just after I complained about getting so stressed in solo matches I had the best game I've ever played. I got a silenced AKM and killed 2 or 3 dudes, the last of which had a ghillie and a mk14. I got a few more kills including running up a hill and stopping about 2 feet from a prone dude in a ghillie who never noticed me. I ended up killing 6 of the last 10 people myself and got a chicken dinner with 10 kills. And, of course, I was playing on my buddies profile so it doesn't count on my stats. First time I've broken double digits in the game.

I know a lot of people seem to have issues with the AKM but it did not let me down at all during that game. It's not ideal for long range but it does work mid range.

Edit: And here's the clip

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SpriteRemix1/video/46178893

Live At Five! fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Mar 19, 2018

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
So PUBG mobile came out in the US on iPhone and Android and it's certainly PUBG. It actually runs better than on Xbox but it's not exactly easy to plus due to garbage touch screen controls. I ended up getting to the final 10 with 4 kills and then it crashed. Seems like they accurately captured the Xbox PUBG experience.

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

TL;DR: If anyone is looking for PUBG bros please add GT: Nihils Maw I really need some more people to play with.

Added. My GT is The Midniter.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The Midniter posted:

Added. My GT is The Midniter.

:cool:

Live At Five! posted:

So PUBG mobile came out in the US on iPhone and Android and it's certainly PUBG. It actually runs better than on Xbox but it's not exactly easy to plus due to garbage touch screen controls. I ended up getting to the final 10 with 4 kills and then it crashed. Seems like they accurately captured the Xbox PUBG experience.

I had to try this and I'm sort of shocked that it feels like it's in much more complete state than the Xbone version. I cannot believe how bad people are in it. I've never out shot everyone like that but after my fifth kill I realized it was like shooting fish in a barrel ended up getting second place solo despite fumbling with the horrid touch controls the whole time.

Still surprisingly had fun though. Don't know how much I'd play it with a touch screen though and it murders my phone battery.

BCRock
Dec 13, 2005
I'm huge in Japan
You're playing against bots that are designed to let you win so you get hooked before it matches you against real players. :ssh:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

BCRock posted:

You're playing against bots that are designed to let you win so you get hooked before it matches you against real players. :ssh:

That seems really, really stupid, since anyone who's played PUBG on any other format is gonna notice something's up. I realized something was amiss myself when I got a solo chicken dinner with 16 kills despite being loving terrible at plunkbat.

e: that said, it probably will be easier than average if you can wrap your head around the controls regardless, because a lot of the real players are gonna be fumbling like crazy

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

ahahaha that's amazing. I can't believe I didn't realize that. I did really feel like something was up but I just chalked it up to really bad players. If it is all bots they are sort of impressive despite being terrible, because they felt pretty passable as bad human players.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
yeah I figured Chinese people were just really, really bad at phone shooters until someone told me what was up (I was playing the Chinese version through TapTap fuckery)

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

It's sort of smart in the sense that the game can be pretty frustrating to start out, but the way they did it is super deceptive and is going to let the wind out of peoples sails and sour them on it. If I'm not going to have clarity on whether or not it's a bot I'm fighting I'll just delete it because that just turns any sense of victory into uncertainty, and gently caress that.

Like, if they stuck you in a round with 80 bots and 20 real players for a handful of matches, but marked which ones were bots I'd be fine with it. But this seems designed to trick people into thinking they don't suck.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, I figured something was up when I actually got a chicken dinner instead of just tanking top ten.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Hmm, seems I got the most accurate version by crashing and not winning against the bots.

PabloBOOM
Mar 10, 2004
Hunchback of DOOM
Seems the AKM was improved in this patch. It no longer is completely useless. Felt like it did more damage maybe in the off chance you land a hit, so at least there's that. Killed a guy in maybe three shots that landed?

So give it a try again if you want, I guess.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I liked the AKM even before this patch. It's legit in mid range engagements, not like the other ARs which you can use longer range. I'd much rather have an M416 but I'd take an AKM over an M16 any day. Unfortunately I seem to find M16s and never anything else. The last game I played I got 7 kills with a supressed AKM and ended up winning, albeit with a k98 and 2 mk14 kills.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah the AKM aint bad. It's just a terrible spray and pray weapon. It's decent on semi or with controlled bursts.

I feel you on the M16. It feels like I find them everywhere and I hate them. Definitely prefer the SCAR or M4 over either if I can find one. They seem much rarer than AKs and M16s

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
This most recent patch has made the game almost feel like a competently developed game. It feels so much smoother for pretty much the entire match. I also don't mind the looting button change (a to equip, x to pick up) even though idiots on reddit have been complaining non-stop.

Draven
May 6, 2005

friendship is magic
I just picked this (and my xbone) up last night, I managed to get 8 kills today in duo before I ultimately got flanked as I whiffed a follow up shot on a dude with a level 3 helm.

Got 3rd place for my duo though! man it was tense.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008

swordfish duelist posted:

I just picked this (and my xbone) up last night, I managed to get 8 kills today in duo before I ultimately got flanked as I whiffed a follow up shot on a dude with a level 3 helm.

Got 3rd place for my duo though! man it was tense.

Pretty much the only reason to play this game on xbox is the unparalleled tension it offers over any other game. It makes up for the (improving) performance, bugs, and crashing.

Drav
Jul 23, 2002

We've come a long way since that day, and we will never look back at the faded silhouette.

Live At Five! posted:

This most recent patch has made the game almost feel like a competently developed game. It feels so much smoother for pretty much the entire match. I also don't mind the looting button change (a to equip, x to pick up) even though idiots on reddit have been complaining non-stop.

The A instead of X is really loving annoying

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
I've already gotten used to it. I don't mind the change at all, although it seems I'm in the minority. It took about 5 minutes of playing to get used to.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
What benefit does it have for the player to warrant the obvious drawback though? It feels so arbitrary.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

This game would literally be twice as good without the endless open fields with zero cover. It’s like they actively want to reward camping and make running around from point a to b insufferable.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Holy poo poo I decided to play a 1 man squad round and got a VSS early and never let it go. I ended up getting an 8 kill chicken dinner and 6 of those kills were with the VSS. It was amazing.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
It seems this thread is totally dead but whatever. I'm done playing solo matches in favor of 1 man squad. I've found that if I want a chicken dinner when I'm playing by myself its way easier to jump somewhere no other squad goes and get kitted and use stealth to get to the top 10. No 4 man squad makes it to the end fully intact which makes it much easier to win a game playing solo. Today I got a chicken dinner without even having a loving helmet, which got shot off with 6 players alive. I managed to take out 3 of the 6 who all had level 3 helmets. Solo mode is way to chaotic, which makes it more difficult for me to win. Plus nothing beats joining a squad vs squad fight as the spoiler.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I should consider that if I go back to playing. Solo mode is just absolute trash with how random it is, and there's really no one to play with anymore as most people seem to have moved on. I really wish this would get a PS4 port I'd play it all the time because squads is fun.

Live At Five!
Feb 15, 2008
Feel free to add me, I'm always down to play pubg. GT is Baconfeet

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Will do. Id' actually be down for some rounds this evening if you're around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e.pilot
Nov 20, 2011

sometimes maybe good
sometimes maybe shit
I’m always up for a squad too. efis_c0mp_m0n