Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Texas has frequently been a battlefield, but never like this - cut off from the support of the full United States thanks to nebulous political machinations, with a rampaging Shine-fuelled army pouring across the Mexican border intent on conquest! Pancho Villa must be stopped, no matter the cost.

As Ma Ferguson mobilized the Texas State Guard, things began to go wrong - supplies never arrived at crucial destinations, troops were waylaid en route to battle, and battle-tested soldiers died in the night of mysterious causes. Reluctantly, the embattled Texan governor addressed her full army one cold morning. There were traitors among them - those who had thrown in with the Mexicans, for whatever reason. They needed to be found and eliminated - or Texas would fall to the marauders!

As the troops cheered for their leader and swore to hunt down every last turncoat, Ma carefully avoided mentioning that she'd gone and gotten herself some backstabbers in Pancho's camp too. Desperate times call for desperate measures, after all.

Welcome to the Texas State Guard thread, led by Ma Ferguson to drive back Pancho Villa's army!

Your thread leader is Bifauxnen, who is confirmed town!
Your dedicated co-mod is Max if I am somehow not available!

Important Links
Rules/Recruitment Thread
Pancho Villa's División del Norte Thread

:siren: SUPER IMPORTANT RULES WORTH REPEATING :siren:
  • NEVER EVER USE EXPLICIT NUMBERS when referring to your STATS/DAMAGE/HP.
  • You may use only one Ability per phase unless otherwise specified.
  • All action submissions are done via Column E of your role sheet, and results will be delivered to you in Column F (with other stats/HP updating automagically as needed). Please do not modify previous days' action submissions!
  • Day actions must be submitted before your thread executes someone or they are lost - honor system on this, please don't try to game the system by updating stuff afterwards. I can view sheets' revision history to check timing, but really don't want to have to.
  • You win when the enemy leader is dead.

Podima fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Dec 30, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Player List:
Mod: Podima
Co-Mod: Max

Leader: Bifauxnen
  1. Anidav
  2. b-minus1
  3. busb
  4. curiousCat
  5. Drunk Nerds
  6. flerp
  7. iajanus
  8. Infinitum
  9. Jeabus Mahogany
  10. Little Mac
  11. Mithross
  12. Natural 20
  13. peramene
  14. Prince of Space
  15. Retro Futurist
  16. SirSamVimes
  17. SLASHER HAWKE
  18. STONE COLD 64/Atomic Soda
  19. The Ninth Layer
  20. Tired Moritz
  21. tithin
  22. tpink
  23. Venom Soag
  24. Xad

Flips:
Night 0: Podima's sanity was killed!
Day 1: b-minus1 was executed!
Battle 1: No Texan casualties! Wow!
Day 2: Infinitum was executed!
Battle 2: tithin, The Ninth Layer, and Xad were killed in battle!
Day 3: SirSamVimes was executed!
Battle 3: curiousCat was killed in battle! Jeabus Mahogany was killed at home!
Day 4: SLASHER HAWKE was executed!
Battle 4: flerp was killed in battle!
Day 5: Atomic Soda was executed!
Battle 5: Little Mac was killed in battle!
Day 6: Prince of Space was "executed!"
Battle 6: Venom Soag was killed at home!

Podima fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jan 20, 2018

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 1 :beerpal:

Not Voting (25): Anidav, b-minus1, Bifauxnen, busb, curiousCat, Drunk Nerds, flerp, iajanus, Infinitum, Jeabus Mahogany, Little Mac, Mithross, Natural 20, peramene, Prince of Space, Retro Futurist, SirSamVimes, SLASHER HAWKE, STONE COLD 64, The Ninth Layer, Tired Moritz, tithin, tpink, Venom Soag, Xad :rubshands:

With 25 people still alive, it takes 13 votes to execute.
The current deadline is January 02nd, 2018 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 3 days, 23 hours.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
First

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
##vote infi

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

rude imo

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hi, ask me questions if you ever have any and don’t be a fuckwad ok good luck scum and town.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Hi I'm here now but it's new years weekend and I work long hours all weekend, so I won't participate much d1.

This is not very different from my usual d1s though, so whatever

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

##vote Anidav just remember you asked for this eternal blood feud.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

This is a good opening post. Well done, Inf. It can go right next to the Kakyoin ghostpost.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Okay, everyone!

Let's all report in in an orderly fashion here. Obviously we want to have an idea of what people can do in battle, but not give away too much detailed information. So I've prepared a little survey to help everyone give me some nice rough claims to get started with. Please answer these questions in a timely manner and then y'all can get on with jokephase while I stay out of your way and obsess over the results.

1. Do you want to be in battle tonight?
A - YESSSSSSS
B - Yes
C - No
D - NO!!!

2. Okay, that's your N1 choice, but is that like, your overall position, or just a tactical choice for right now?
A - Please continue to keep me (on/off) the battlefield at all times if possible (unless I'm just about to die and need to heal up, obviously)
B - I'd really prefer to stay (on/off) the battlefield overall, yeah - but this might change if say, I'm out of Shine, or maybe I could still do something cool in the other position every once in a while.
C - That's my choice right now but I don't really care, I'm awesome both on and off the battlefield
D - That's my choice right now but I don't really care, I suck both on and off the battlefield

3. Regardless of what you answered above, assuming you end up in battle eventually.... front row or back row?
A. Front
B. Back

4. Do you have a very clear preference between Physical and Occult abilities? DON'T give away which one yet, just wondering... do you actually have to care about what kind of buffs you get?
A. Yeah, I definitely favor one type over the other WHICH I WILL NOT SAY JUST YET BECAUSE I AM A SMART TOWNIE TOWN
B. Nah, its all good

5a. If you had a dayvig right now, who would you shoot and why
5b. besides me

flerp
Feb 25, 2014
##vote kash

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfHyQ4m3BxU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Bifauxnen posted:

Okay, everyone!

Let's all report in in an orderly fashion here. Obviously we want to have an idea of what people can do in battle, but not give away too much detailed information. So I've prepared a little survey to help everyone give me some nice rough claims to get started with. Please answer these questions in a timely manner and then y'all can get on with jokephase while I stay out of your way and obsess over the results.

A - YESSSSSSS
B - Yes
C - No
D - NO!!!

2. Okay, that's your N1 choice, but is that like, your overall position, or just a tactical choice for right now?
A - Please continue to keep me (on/off) the battlefield at all times if possible (unless I'm just about to die and need to heal up, obviously)
B - I'd really prefer to stay (on/off) the battlefield overall, yeah - but this might change if say, I'm out of Shine, or maybe I could still do something cool in the other position every once in a while.
C - That's my choice right now but I don't really care, I'm awesome both on and off the battlefield
D - That's my choice right now but I don't really care, I suck both on and off the battlefield

3. Regardless of what you answered above, assuming you end up in battle eventually.... front row or back row?
A. Front
B. Back

4. Do you have a very clear preference between Physical and Occult abilities? DON'T give away which one yet, just wondering... do you actually have to care about what kind of buffs you get?
A. Yeah, I definitely favor one type over the other WHICH I WILL NOT SAY JUST YET BECAUSE I AM A SMART TOWNIE TOWN
B. Nah, its all good

5b. besides me

Reporting in, Ma!

1. B
2. C
3. Front
4. A
5. TM is usually wrong about things, so probably not Inf

flerp
Feb 25, 2014

Bifauxnen posted:

Okay, everyone!

A - YESSSSSSS
B - Yes
C - No
D - NO!!!

A. Front
B. Back

B. Nah, its all good

5b. besides me

1. tonight i wanna be off the battlefield tbh
2. afterwards tho i wanna be on there all the time
3. dont matter to me
4. yes
5a. you
5b. infi

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Knobb Manwich posted:

code:
S       
 L     
  A   
   S 
    H A W K E
     E
      R

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Off the battle pls till tomorrow, thxs

I would shoot lurkers as usual

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism

Bifauxnen posted:

Okay, everyone!

A - YESSSSSSS
B - Yes
C - No
D - NO!!!

A. Front
B. Back

B. Nah, its all good

5b. besides me

1. B
2. A
3. A
4. A
5. D MAFIA PLAYER INFINITUM, why? Because he’s literally an idiot irl and will stuff up the game. Not having that on my conscience.

##vote infinitum

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Guys we need to get a higher post count than the other thread or theyll laugh at us

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Vaya con dios.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Bifauxnen posted:

Okay, everyone!

A - YESSSSSSS
B - Yes
C - No
D - NO!!!

A. Front
B. Back

B. Nah, its all good

5b. besides me

1) C
2) C
3) A
4) A
5) lurkers

Good captaining!

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

1. Depends on whether I get to fight Quidnose or not, if he's getting sent then I'm a big yes.
2. I'm useful in every battle, early or late in the game I'll be useful.
3. Doesn't matter.
4. I'm very heavily on one of these.
5a. You
5b. gently caress, uhh. Anidav because I told him we would have a blood feud and I'm a man of my word. After that venom soag because he's inscrutable and an agent of chaos.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

Okay, everyone!

A - YESSSSSSS
B - Yes
C - No
D - NO!!!

A. Front
B. Back

B. Nah, its all good

5b. besides me

1. E: gently caress NO
2. B: I get rare melee options.
3. A
4. B
5a. You
5b. B-minus1 for stopping my amazing poisoner victory last game.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

oh hey that me

y'all know about how we can't no-lunch in this game cause it's just giving the enemy a free kill and all. So I want to make sure we do NOT leave things down to the wire always waiting for deadline to finalize things. But we do need to make sure people have a safe window to decide on day ability usage.

Can we agree that the first 24 hours of the game day are a definite no-hammer zone? And please try and get your day business decided in that time, unless you got a really good reason to risk it by waiting to observe more first. Then after that, it's all clear to try and start moving things toward a decision without too much handwringing over "oh why are we rushing~~~"

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

oh hey that me

Mafia edit: that reminds me

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Hi everyone - this is my first legitimate mafia game!

This here below is only for MA FERGUSON to read! Honor system, folks! :buddy:

How daaaaare you!? You're not MA!

Love you, Ma. :h:

If I could kill anyone right now in broad daylight, it would be Pancho Villa. :hai:

Next I'd kill all them dumb ol' traitors for gummin' up the works.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Bifauxnen posted:

Mafia edit: that reminds me

Scumslip!

peramene
Oct 13, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Max posted:

don’t be a fuckwad

welp gg everybody, I'm out

Soft YES to Hard Yes - I'm curious to see what I'm capable of and test out the mechanics but I'd like

B - I'd really prefer to stay on the battlefield overall, yeah - but this might change if say, I'm out of Shine, or maybe I could still do something cool in the other position every once in a while.
C - That's my choice right now but assess every submission carefully, I'm awesome both on and off the battlefield

Never put me behind friendlies - always put me on the front lines staring straight over the border.

Yes.

5b. besides me

I do not have a dayvig; were I granted one, I would either change it to your hands or only fire it at your direction.

I'll be doing my best not to speak up too much day one, I have that tendency to draw attention and I don't want to get in anybody's way. god save the queen

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

godDAMMIT had confirmed town and everything and I hosed it up already!! :argh:

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

oh hey that me

y'all know about how we can't no-lunch in this game cause it's just giving the enemy a free kill and all. So I want to make sure we do NOT leave things down to the wire always waiting for deadline to finalize things. But we do need to make sure people have a safe window to decide on day ability usage.

Can we agree that the first 24 hours of the game day are a definite no-hammer zone? And please try and get your day business decided in that time, unless you got a really good reason to risk it by waiting to observe more first. Then after that, it's all clear to try and start moving things toward a decision without too much handwringing over "oh why are we rushing~~~"

My life for aiur. Keep in mind you're the final authority on who we kill today. Let us do the scum hunting, use your authoritah to prod discussion into directions you think will be productive, keep your suspicious close to your chest or alternatively be tactical about the suspicions you express to gauge who bites on those lines of thinking. Be cognizant that players will follow your opinions just because you're the king expressing them, regardless of their alignment. If all else fails don't hesitate to call for someone's head at the end of the day, if it means securing a good execution over a bad one.

SHALASHASKA HAWKE
Nov 10, 2016

No child soldier in poverty by 1990

Bifauxnen posted:

Okay, everyone!

1. either way is fine
2. I’m prob more powersful on tjan off
3. either
4. A yeah I got pref
5. we need to kill jeabis mahognay ASAP that dozey gently caress will get us killed on the battlefield and not the cute kind of sleepy like tired motriz

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

5. we need to kill jeabis mahognay ASAP that dozey gently caress will get us killed on the battlefield and not the cute kind of sleepy like tired motriz

what is it with you and Jeabus?!

btw thank you I picked out Tired's av myself :3:

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Why is Tired Moritz so sleepy anyway, huh?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
Too busy up late consorting with the enemy?

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
okay for reals though who dares side with the enemy

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
B-b-b-bros, they got to page 2 first.

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

I'm in a room with a bunch of people who yelled VIVA MEXICO just now but I promise that's completely unrelated to the matter at hand.

Also I very tactfully did not start chanting USA USA in response.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Bif, theyre stealing your post!!?

This is illegal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

College Slice
I'll alert the authorities.

• Locked thread