Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

So, hi there. I hosed up a little bit here. I stopped following the signup thread over the holidays as it turned into pages and pages of people talking about their favorite anime, and I assumed once the game actually started someone would PM me or something.

So here I am!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

code:

[b][u]1. Do you want to be in battle tonight?[/u][/b]
Sure whatever

[u][b]2. Okay, that's your N[s]1[/s]2 choice, but is that like, your overall position, or just a tactical choice for right now?[/b][/u]
I'm flexible

[u][b]3. Regardless of what you answered above, assuming you end up in battle eventually.... front row or back row?[/b][/u]
Front

[u][b]4. Do you have a very clear preference between Physical and Occult abilities? DON'T give away which one yet, just wondering... do you actually have to care about what kind of buffs you get?[/b][/u]
A. Yeah, I definitely favor one type over the other WHICH I WILL NOT SAY JUST YET BECAUSE I AM A SMART TOWNIE TOWN

[u][b]5a. If you had a dayvig right now, who would you shoot and why
5b. besides me[/b][/u]
Oh I don't know, Inf probably. I'm still getting caught up

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

busb posted:

Doesnt bif get to pick a dude to kill because we won the battle? Or something? What's the point in winning the battle if not?

Anyway. Tnl and flerp trying to rush into battle is super sketch. Also I'm a bit confused how nobody was hurt at all in the battle so all I have to say is they must suck arse.

Victory is it's own reward

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I would imagine they focused on Bif last night; it's risky but the chance of winning on N1 would be too good/funny to pass up

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Okay still working my way through D1 but I'm caught up on today at least. Moritz's attitude seems to be consistent for them and while I'm not saying the self vote poo poo is ok, it is pretty them.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Also Inf is clearly scum, and I could see that before TNL caught him in an outright lie ##vote inf

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The only thing odd about pera's posts is that there aren't 1000 of them

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Although it's probably because she can't slap fight with Bif

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bifauxnen posted:

I can't remember actually slapfighting with pera ever, you must be thinking of MT or Asiina

Hmm, yeah not sure, maybe Asiina. Just looked back over a few games and I can't remember which one was in my head.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

peramene posted:

Literally never happened. You and I have give head to head but we don't get slappy ever.

Goes to show the reliability of this particular train of thought, though.

That's it for tonight. glitter

:forkbomb:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'd be fine in battle and should be good at it if I understand this correctly

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The Ninth Layer posted:

Would be good to get a replacement for opop while it's early enough.

Why what did I do

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

curiousCat posted:

should I assume we're just killing infini tonight, bif?

He’s been caught about as red handed as you can be and has stopped posting since, we’d be incredibly stupid not to

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well this is all very disappointing

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It’s the weekend :shrug:

I didn’t have much else in the way of strong reads I let inf blind me, I’ll find a scum soon.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Alright I'm confused now, are we or are we not sure that scum must have been on our side of the battle last night? Point me in the right direction here so I can case someone

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bif, apologies if I missed it but how do you feel about Soag?

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok nevermind then. Serves me right for leaving that post open while I checked something else out.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Weekend's over, work baby work. I'm just trying to narrow things down, will look at those 4 today.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bifauxnen posted:

what 4? You mean the survivors?

I'm waiting for overall scumreads from you. Selecting from everyone.

Easier to piecemeal it. This is one of those threads where I walk into 100+ posts everytime I open it up. Unless you want some Anidav style posts I'll work on finding scum one at a time

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bifauxnen posted:

Okay, but why only look within the survivors? Can you at least sum up your feelings from before the battle? Surely you've done some reading and thinking about who was scum before this battle happened to give you some blinkers to put on?

I've got SSV on my list as well and will be looking into that. I tend to get blinders on when I think I found someone, and Inf was so clearly scum at the time it held me up. Also due to my earlier gently caress up I've really only been in the game since last Wednesday and I had a busy weekend, so catching up has taken some time.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

And I'm looking strictly at the survivors because, if we can be reasonably sure that scum is among them that's a 1/4 chance of finding them, as opposed to Maybe 3?/17 if I look at the whole thread.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Soag:
-He's got 6 pages of posts and most of that is actual content.
-Nothing in particular jumps out at me but overall he's active, producing content, and urging others to do the same.

VERDICT: Town

Cat:
-Odd style but seems genuine
-Posting a lot of reads. They're a bit open ended and aren't followed up on but it's more than just pulling stuff out of their asses.
-Hammers Inf like a day early and then goes

curiousCat posted:

infini flipping town isn't terribly surprising to me if only because it was a total nullread due to it just being... useless chaos.

And I'm not sure why they didn't get more heat for that.

-
VERDICT: Town for now but I can envision a world in which they are scum.

PoS:
-Gets a lot of crap for his PR, but as PRs go it's pretty easy to read, and it's his first game so I can't really see a newbie, as scum, making themselves so visible and sticking with it even when people starting calling them out.
-Clear and open with reads from pretty early on
-Names a lot of names in regards to suspects, but is pretty consistent with them and they feel like real reads.

VERDICT: Town

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

pera:
-As mentioned, pretty quiet for pera. That's not super alignment indicative in itself, but what she does say is pretty content light.

- I find this post interesting

peramene posted:

you MOTHER FUCKER

##vo--

GOD drat IT

##vote TNL

sorry ma but to say more would veer dangerously close to quotin' mod communicados

even if it is that doesn't necessarily make it scummy; if you agree with a viewpoint as town that you think is pro-town you'd do damage control for it if it took heat; at least in theory

##unvote

agreed & also same but not just when I'm asleep
good morning jeabus

It's about 3 days into the game at this point, and pera has earlier made mention that she doesn't vote people unless she's committed to lynching them, and yet is willing to toss these around. I mean pretty clearly jokes, but there is a dissonance there.
Then a few days later she doubles down and votes TNL again

-TNL accuses her of lazily coasting on a vauge case on him, to which she replies

peramene posted:

You are being either intentionally misleading or you're simply wrong. See my post history.

##vote TNL

I'm doing that right now and it starts with a joke vote on him for capitalizing her name, and then sticks with it apparently because he's being condescending. There's definitely no real case there and it's a weird thing to double down on D2

-Overall, a lot of little snipey, low content posts and one big huge post full of snipey, low content comments.

VERDICT: Scum

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

SSV:
-Has slightly more posts than me despite being here from D1, but less content

-When first asked to start casing people, excuses himself and goes for a D1 lurker lynch

SirSamVimes posted:

I'm terrible at the early stages of large games but if I had to vote anyone it'd either be one of the lurkers or one of the people who have posting gimmicks that obfuscate any content they may be producing. So RF, CuriousCat, STONE COLD 64 or whoever that guy was typing with the exaggerated accent.

-This loving post

SirSamVimes posted:

I mean if I'm making this easier for scum, then you should be thankful.

##vote venom soag

Now as bad as this post is:
a) This when he mentions Soag right before

SirSamVimes posted:

I've cooled off on Venom Soag at this point

b) He DOES then mention

SirSamVimes posted:

There was definitely at least one scum player in the battle and scum in the front row wouldn't even be able to target the back row.

However this is some pretty weak speculation (surely the scum will have something that lets them hit backwards), and it just feels like someone trying to hop on too simple a case.

VERDICT: Scum but could just be poo poo town like Inf. I feel like that's a common role with SSV

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote pera

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Cat can you be as specific as you can without breaking rules about the "buff". Also any ill effects you have today
I'm thinking that a buff could be good for a scum to have anyways, but moreso I'm wondering if it's not like a "sugar crash" kind of thing, like a buff but then a debuff later

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'd suggest against sending more than one of the people from last night's battle into battle today as well.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Prince of Space posted:

I'm not simply implyin' it was Venom Soag, I've already voted for him and asked him for answers - answers I still haven't gotten yet.

My question to him was: where could ALL that damage to the back row have possibly come from?

I think it's a bit too simplistic to assume that scum in the front row can't hurt the backrow. It seems like a basics mechanic thing you'd either build into the scum, or provide them as a power. Even if it's a OPG whammy or something, which I kind of suspect given the massive damage we seemed to take

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bifauxnen posted:

Not just a "what if" this time, I mean come on, certainly scum can do this :colbert:

I'm not trying to obfuscate anything, I just don't think it's a good idea to assume they can't.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Bifauxnen posted:

Well ok, but if we're gonna just go off into lala land saying scum can just call in magic OPG airstrikes from bloody anywhere, it leaves us back in regular Mafia land. Where we should not act like we can make an airtight case based on the battle mechanics, and instead we have to read people based on their posting.

I entirely agree, which is why I think Soag is town based on his posting and not scum because he was in the back row.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

SirSamVimes posted:

it's almost like something happened between those two posts that gave me a reason to be suspicious of venom soag

:thunk:

framing it as a flip flop for no reason when the night occurred in between those two posts and the second one even describes why I changed my mind is :siren:disingenuous:siren:

I didn’t say you had no reason, I said you had a very weak reason.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I'm more confident on pera but I'd switch to SSV.

I'd also be super ok taking out Mac if he's a free lynch (as I understand it)

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##vote SSV

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I have a bad feeling that SSV might be town, but I also feel the game would be better off without them anyways.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Venom Soag posted:

If they’re town, we’re not better off without them.

Other thread has 2 scum down, we got shredded in battle, every good and able soldier counts.

Yeah that's what I mean

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

This would be a lot easier if town would stop posting just incredibly scummy stuff.

Anyways ##vote pera

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##unvote I'm still thinking it's pera but I like her posting better today, and we'd be stupid not to go for Hawke or for some weird reason Flerp today.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I have a mild healing day ability. D1 I didn't use it as I didn't actually know the game was here until night phase was nearly over, D2 I used it on flerp as directed, and D3 I went rogue and used it on Venom since he was mentioning how beat up he was, and I figured if everyone else listened to you and went for Jebus we could spare me (sorry Jebus)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I also have items for health and ailments but I haven't used any of those.

• Locked thread