Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Hi I'm here now but it's new years weekend and I work long hours all weekend, so I won't participate much d1.

This is not very different from my usual d1s though, so whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Bifauxnen posted:

Okay, everyone!

Let's all report in in an orderly fashion here. Obviously we want to have an idea of what people can do in battle, but not give away too much detailed information. So I've prepared a little survey to help everyone give me some nice rough claims to get started with. Please answer these questions in a timely manner and then y'all can get on with jokephase while I stay out of your way and obsess over the results.

1. Do you want to be in battle tonight?
A - YESSSSSSS
B - Yes
C - No
D - NO!!!

2. Okay, that's your N1 choice, but is that like, your overall position, or just a tactical choice for right now?
A - Please continue to keep me (on/off) the battlefield at all times if possible (unless I'm just about to die and need to heal up, obviously)
B - I'd really prefer to stay (on/off) the battlefield overall, yeah - but this might change if say, I'm out of Shine, or maybe I could still do something cool in the other position every once in a while.
C - That's my choice right now but I don't really care, I'm awesome both on and off the battlefield
D - That's my choice right now but I don't really care, I suck both on and off the battlefield

3. Regardless of what you answered above, assuming you end up in battle eventually.... front row or back row?
A. Front
B. Back

4. Do you have a very clear preference between Physical and Occult abilities? DON'T give away which one yet, just wondering... do you actually have to care about what kind of buffs you get?
A. Yeah, I definitely favor one type over the other WHICH I WILL NOT SAY JUST YET BECAUSE I AM A SMART TOWNIE TOWN
B. Nah, its all good

5a. If you had a dayvig right now, who would you shoot and why
5b. besides me

B, B, A, B, nobody this is like page 3? Ask again later today.

(although my favorite dayvig ever was in a game I ran, where imgay shot someone on like his second post, then spent the game declaring he had single handedly cleared that player as town)

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

SirSamVimes posted:

so did someone in one of the scumdocs actually ask if they could NK the leader?

Maybe? The rules post does say it isn't a straight kill, maybe someone thought they could get away with it because of that.

Also I got a surprise day off today because I've already worked all the hours this week! So I might actually participate but probably not

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Anidav posted:

I also promise not to derail this thread with crazy conspiracy theories.

why make promises you can't keep?

(I don't think I've ever played a game with you, I just automatically assume anyone who feels the need to make this promise can't keep it)

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I am reading the thread repeatedly and just spinning my wheels. I will try again before getting lost in the hell mists of NYE.

People don't always come back from that place. If I never return, tell my future wife I would have loved her.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I don't have a problem with TNL's voting thing, I think he just didn't explain what he was trying to say properly the first time. I read it less an indictment of those players (myself included), and more a statement that this thread hasn't gained much momentum, which joke phase voting is usually a part of. Also he explained all this and I'm not going over it again.

On the other hand this is NYE/NYD and I assume most people didn't think the game would be going at this time (I know I didn't) so it sucks but isn't unexpected.

I am going to work for a very long time now, I will try to check in next year, PST. If I get a chance to pop my head in during a break I will.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I just came back to nearly 300 posts on new years eve what the gently caress is wrong with you people

I haven't even started looking at them I wanted to share my utter shock and horror. If you're lucky I might make it through them by deadline, but I won't lie this is stupid.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Ok I skipped from page 12 to page 25 and then read from there because I can't read all that poo poo in the hour I have before work. I will get caught up during the battle/night, and we can try this again now that I am through the holiday bullshit.

This means I mostly just got 5 pages of tnl and tm. I am not a fan of either but tnl is at least taking time out of his fight with bif to comment on other things, while tm has peaced out entirely. I feel like scum doing all this wouldn't have put out an opinion on nat20's case because why do that when you are already under scrutiny, it's just more opinions for town to read if you go down and flip.

This is the exhausted Mithross minute, I have been Mithross, thank you.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

can't you guys stop fighting and please vote me thanks

im just gonna

##vote xad

Oh hey nevermind tm is here still.

Way to make me a liar when I didn't preview!

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

hey the plan... worked? Neat

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Ok, I have finally, finally read all of the thread. I see bif recently called me out, so here's some stuff (preview edit: second call out, jeez. I'm trying here)

First impressions:
infi is bad. Like, bad bad. I think his people call it "muy mal". This is quite obvious but I'm saying it anyway.
tpink is looking scummy to me. 5/36 posts focused on TNL being sure he was going to eat a NK. That's a pretty small bone to pick at, and also most of his content
I was pretty suspicious of pera at the end of the read through, but I went back and looked at her post history and that dropped it to a bit suspicious. Her posts have the right tone for town pera, just not the volume, which I think is what stood out to me on the initial read, the fact her posts didn't stand out as much.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I'll go look at some post histories and try and slap reads on a few more people. Anidav first, since that's where bif is voting

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Anidav posted:

lol why would you use where bif is voting as a sign to analyse. She is just voting to grab my attention to not leave a poo poo post hanging. She isn't really trying to grab yours. Why are you playing follow the leader so hard?

one post about starting with you =/= follow the leader. Much less playing it "so hard"
neither is mentioning bif just called me out and wanted reads.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I was going to reread the thread more, instead I went to bed. I don't regret my decision.

I don't follow the other thread, I can barely keep up with this one, so thank you for pointing out that meltdown, I would have been sad to miss it. Too bad it sucks for us or I would find it completely hilarious instead of just pretty funny.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Well, gently caress. They didn't out anyone else, did they? Just say no, so Im not thinking about this all night.

I can't imagine Quid doing that no matter how frustrated he gets.

tpink posted:

I thought the volume of posting dropped off quite substantially today, though maybe I am wrong.

Volume has dropped off, but there's roughly the same amount of posts worth reading.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

...bY YOU

LOOKIT

this is the only mithriss post with any reads, and they add to
inf bad
hedge in tpink
i read pEra

what even is this woulb vote

It always takes me time to build up traction in large games, it's a lovely excuse but it's true. The last shine game is a good example of this.

but I didn't hedge tpink, I said he was scummy directly thank you very much.
Also I just said I felt better about pera. Think moderate suspicion to minor.

Xad is also pushing my buttons, but I'm having trouble nailing down anything in particular besides missing bif asking people not jump into battle. Partly it's how hard they went at Venom, who felt very town to me. I'll try to nail down specifics and come to a firmer conclusion after work
I never did read anidav.
A lot of people seem suspicious of Prince of Space, but I think they're town and people are getting a false positive from the in character posts.

Preview edit:

Prince of Space posted:

Shoot, I'm kinda gettin' the feelin' like certain people's is stallin'...

Infinitum I'm still waitin' ta hear your explanation for what you was doin' targettin' the enemy's back row from our back row (and failing to do anything, yet again).

Unless Ma/Bif specifically warns me off ya I think I gotsta keep pressin.'

Inf said he was leaving the thread until tomorrow before deadline, and I don't doubt he did just that. We'd all like an explanation but I'd be surprised if we get one.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Oh hey, I'm back on my phone and... oh, I see I wasn't needed. Carry on then.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

Pera’s goign to draw a lot of heat for her FEnt dream postign, but this drew my attemtion in light of the result

With Xof flipping town my top non-battle vote preference is mIthross. How many days can you get away with posting that you’ll post better later?

Two. The answer is two days.

flerp posted:

going thru the list of battle nerds

soag - only person to survive in the back row, says they took big damage. pushed infi pretty hard for d1 and d2. i dont feel like they are scum, felt like they genuinely were frustrated with infi which eventually morphed into believing infi is scum.

curiouscat - front row. honestly, i thought i was gonna go into cat's post history and see them as scum but actually i like their post history so im leaning town.

peramene - front row. no loving clue, posts are weird and frantic and confusing. probably tops my scum list for battle nerds.

prince of space - front row. the general vibe they give me is active town newbie which is great and cool, but i feel nervous that we might be getting bamboozled by his cute townie exterior. further examination required.

This is pretty much where I am at regarding battle results right now. I would like to hear from the rest of the surviving front row how banged up they are. With a full four back row people on the other team, I'm curious if they focused Xad too well, or spread out too much.

Also us losing two back row when one of their front row was a proud texan, but as I said up until this battle I felt very town on soag.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Prince of Space posted:

Okay, I kin give ya'll specifics or take requests on who ta case from that list, if'n y'all and Ma/Bif's lookin' for it. I jes wanted t'get my very broad list out good an' proper in case I kicked the bucket in last night's battle.

Speakin' plainly, what your accusatory post reads like ta me is scum that sees all their buddies' names onna list and wants to cast doubt on that list's veracity.

Speakin' even more plainly, ##vote Natural 20

I didn't have a problem with your list itself, but this is reading kinda OMGUS.

Prince of Space posted:

But what could do that? Shine powers? Light powers? "Queen" powers?

What if someone used a very powerful ability that lets everyone hit the back row???

Such a power would have had to force everyone to hit the back row, since players submit combat actions separately, it would be a logistical nightmare of retargeting. It isn't impossible, but doesn't seem super likely given the mechanics of submitting actions.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Quick catch all post:

busb posted:

Well I mean you said don't vote for gaspy, who is the most logical candidate for scum lady battle. I am trusting you are gleaning enough from oot.

Everyone else seems to think nearly every other survivor is 'townie' just look at the last few pages of cases. There's like one or two that think pera and that's it.

Is deadline today?

Tomorrow, we have 24 hours.

We understand your desire to seek other opportunities, and wish you well in your strange internet hobby.

Bifauxnen posted:

Morning all!

I want us to move things along so we can get a lunch soon and not be butting up against deadline tomorrow. I already gave instructions for healers, everyone else also make sure now that you got those day actions in. Let's start working towards a hammer starting now. Just one thing-

:siren: We will not be lunching Venom Soag today. :siren:

If he is a framed-up townie left to tell the tale of a big enemy OPG power, and genuinely as strong as he says, scum will not be able to resist the chance to finish him off while they can actually do so. Nightkills have never killed someone yet in either thread, so if they wanna pass up this chance and leave him for WIFOM it'll be dumb as poo poo. Let's not do their work for them.

Q: "Ok but what if he's scum then, genius?!"
A: Well, then let him keep contributing and talking up a storm while trying to keep up his engaged and excited townie act. I'm sure you can find a different scum today, who is instead lurking their rear end off and contributing jack poo poo. Get to it.

Fair enough, you are in fact the boss.

I like RF's work here. I think slasher is right though, I would vote SSV over pera, if only because pera's battle action (a buff) has been backed up.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Prince of Space posted:

Expendable or not, you sound like a tough sonuva gun ta kill! Sounds ta me like you'd fit in just fine in the front row in tonight's battle, SirSamVimes.

## unvote

This is a really weird backpedal. You just said you don't care for them to prove themself on the battlefield, and a melee fullclaim later you welcome ssv with open arms

Also hi I'm back from work thread

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Unless you meant to not actually unvote and put that space in there on purpose, which would be amusing actually.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I feel like buff talk went in circles and was pretty much pointless.

I believe SSV should be our choice today, they have been moderately scummy all game, and missing TNL's death doesn't help that any (even I know who died Bif right? I'm pretty sure Bif died in the battle last night

##vote SSV

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I can't believe buff chat is still going on. It is clearly important this close to deadline.

I can't imagine any scum team not telling Prince to stop by this point, and I don't see a new player using this as a gambit, so I'm currently placing this as (clueless) town behavior. But mostly I just want it to stop.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Natural 20 posted:

My thoughts on Pera haven't really changed. She's seemed more like her usual self today even with (because of?) the rageposting at Space. I think she's town and I wouldn't vote for her.

pera's ragepost moved her into a lower position in the nebulous cloud of suspicion for me too. It felt like pera getting frustrated and reverting to form, and made me feel better about her otherwise different posting style.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Venom Soag posted:

No buff chat.

Also tpink is still scummy af

This is true and worth saying again. (both parts, in fact)

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

I am going to work now, I will see you all post hammer.

Do the right thing thread, lunch SSV for a better Texas and a brighter tomorrow.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Lots of stuff happened I see.

Briefly, Hawke should be the lunch today hands down.

TM isn't looking great. Actually TM looks bad and would be a solid choice.

pera lost the ground she made up yesterday in posting more like herself, and is moving towards the scum end of the nebulous cloud of suspicion.

soag also didn't come out of the battle looking great but his overall towniness in the thread leaves him a worse choice than hawke or TM, or even pera.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

-1? You fellas sure know how to keep me guessing.

Prince of Space posted:

:siren: Please everybody get your Day actions in! :siren:

This is worth repeating.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Retro Futurist posted:

I have a mild healing day ability. D1 I didn't use it as I didn't actually know the game was here until night phase was nearly over, D2 I used it on flerp as directed, and D3 I went rogue and used it on Venom since he was mentioning how beat up he was, and I figured if everyone else listened to you and went for Jebus we could spare me (sorry Jebus)

This is baffling, but is at least consistent with RF's opinion of Soag.

Bifauxnen posted:

what would you think if I told you I consulted the "hidden benefit" oracle and found out Anidav was actually right about front row scum having the possibility of attacking the back row

This is suspicious, but not in itself damning. Still makes me want to take a closer look at Anidav

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Anidav posted:

Take a closer look then. I have nothing to hide. I present ideas when I think of them. Nothing more and nothing less.

I do the same thing, when I said a closer look I meant it.

You are 5th most suspicious at the most right now on my list, I was just getting reactions down.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

helpful posts from helpful people (yes yes, pot kettle black)

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

(pera you aren't nearly as bad as iajanus, you just got lumped together)

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Venom Soag posted:

nah come on peramene’s contributing

yea, I was in the middle of taking that back, I felt bad immediately

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Prince of Space posted:

Somebody punched CCKeane in battle 2. He's dead now.

Somebody punched Truth Quark in battle 4. He's hurt but he ain't dead. Shame on me!

Ma/Bif, I know that you think you've caught me in a lie and that's because it's true: I misrepresented my intentions before battle last night in order to get the enemy's front row to "flinch" and deal less damage. I had hoped to protect Flerp this way.

In hindsight, I should have chosen a better target than Truth Quark.

While I can see the logic in this, in a game like this coordination will generally beat out sneaky plots, particularly in the long run.

You can only pull so many tricks before you run out of resources, you can coordinate forever.

Also, I am B, not a desperado

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

Nobody even wants to comment on Prince at all?

I continue to get the eager new town vibe from Prince. He's done some scummy things, but I don't think he's actually scum.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Reading back over pera, the only people she's discussed at all recently are PoS and venom, and with venom she mostly talks about hypotheticals. She hasn't mentioned anyone else since D2.

tpink has also been playing very safe and I think he's scum.

I wasn't a fan of DN "guilt trip" put me in battle posts. I understand frustration about being left out but it didn't read like it was just that.

Bifauxnen posted:

!

Thank you, this just got a whole lot easier!

Atomic Soda is lying. It was not possible for her to be stunned in yesterday's battle.

Well that seems pretty cut and dried.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Ok, effort posts, battle edition:

I am going to steal Prince's infographs because they are super convenient, and then talk from there.

Prince of Space posted:

Howdy Y'all!

With the recent flips I had to update some of my estimations of how our battles went.

Less get good an' ready fer some INFOGRAPHICS:

Battle 1:

Notes:
King Burgundy fielded four tacticians in his back row.
Everyone who targeted Ma/Bif in the battle failed somehow.
The entire Texan back row targeted 50 pounds of bread, likely killing him outright.
Venom Soag's alleged attack on 50 pounds of bread may not have happened.
This battle's results are actually kind of interesting. For scum Venom to have actually attacked the enemy, he would have had to use a ranged attack. However given that busb claimed a significant amount of damage on 50, there's no real way to tell if Venom was part of 50's death or if busb and tithin's aoe were enough on their own. Scum Venom could just have easily attacked bif and whiffed.

Also there were a lot of (now) flipped scum in this battle.

Prince of Space posted:

Battle 2:

Notes:
Tithin was ranged and likely dealt an area of effect attack on the Mexican front row.
Prince of Space and The Ninth Layer killed CcKeane.
Tithin's attack and peramene's attack combined likely killed Max Peck.
CCKeane and TMMadman attacked CuriousCat and killed Xad.
Lord of Hats and Anomalous Amalgam attempted to debuff the front row and failed.
GameroftheGame is ranged and likely dealt an area of effect attack on the Texan back row. Emerged Unscathed.
Venom Soag's attack against Max Peck reportedly failed.
:siren: Damage estimates for Battle 2 do not account for all the deaths/injuries in the Texan back row. See Viper Soag / peramene for answers! :siren:

Bif did confirm the possibility of front line scum attacking the back row, however Venom has the weaker claim in this battle, saying his ability failed. I'm not going to get into the comparative post histories here, this is just battle stuff, and this battle makes Venom look worse than pera.

I'm at something of a loss to explain this battle without scum in it. Possibly Hats or AA did something and claimed otherwise? Do we think one of them is one of KB's advisors? That's the only other way I could make it fit and I don't think it's likely.

Prince of Space posted:

Battle 3:

Notes:
King Burgundy fields four trusted back row agents. All three of these tacticians in the back row have used up their Once-Per-Game abilities. All three tacticians are likely in a masonry with King Burgundy.
All actions taken against Hal Incandeza failed. Hal Incandeza has likely used up his Once-Per-Game ability, Indomitable Will.
Tobbs Gnawed took significant damage. Tobbs Gnawed has likely used up his Once-Per-Game ability, aka "Unmovable Object."
Slasher Hawke and TMMadman killed CuriousCat. RIP CuriousCat.
Venom Soag reports attacking Tobbs Gnawed along with Ma/Bif but is unable to kill him.

Unless Tobbs was lying about the amount of damage he took, it seems likely here that Venom actually attacked him. YPM also took two hits but you don't make a mention of them getting "significant damage", and Venom has claimed to be a CQC expert. Added to the fact that you suspect Tobbs of having Unmovable Object, and thus gobs of hp, this battle turns my feelings on Venom around somewhat.

Prince of Space posted:

Ma/Bif, here's an infographic for Battle 4:

Notes:
Hal Incandeza, GeneX, and GameroftheGame attacked the Texan front row, killing Flerp.
Both Busb and Atomic Soda's attacks against IllegallySober reportedly failed, but for different reasons.
Claims of damage from the battle are consistent with current targeting claims from both sides.

Given Bif's announcement that atomic is scum, she couldn't possibly have that attack. Atomic would have had to attack sideways into busb/Nat20, or forward into flerp, LM, or Prince. Given you say otherwise damage claims are consistent (something I can't know for sure without reading the other thread), my guess would be atomic attacked into flerp. flerp would have been a prime scum target after nailing birb yesterday. It's another of those "no way to know for sure" things, but still.

Also as a sidenote because I saw this again while I was stealing pictures:

Prince of Space posted:

Duly noted!

Who's been pulling the most sneaky plots and tricks, Mithross?

Myself, I've been rereading Venom Soag and peramene over and over, and it looks like peramene is the much more slippery snake.

of those two, pera is more slippery in general, for sure. Beyond that, as I mentioned before I wasn't a fan of the guilt trippy "why not me" drunk pulled. tpink has been sitting back and playing like me, but somehow drawing less attention, and until today RF hadn't posted reads since d2? I think 2 I'm not going to double check right now, it might have been 3.

I'll work up effort posts on individual players next, I see I have quite a few posts to catch up on in a preview.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Prince is just spinning his wheels, making the same arguments for why he should be in battle that he did before, and that didn't work out. I still could see him being new town, but I'm leaning more scum now.

Drunk Nerds still seems like he's trying too hard? Not to scum hunt but to stick to his guns on that one "I should be in battle damnit" post. I'm not sure that's exactly the right way to say it, but I hope the meaning comes across.

I'm working on effort posts on the living posters in the thread, but today has been a distracting day. I will work on them some at lunch.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

Sup Mithross

You said you'd prefer front row, what all could you bring to the table here

I am primarily defensive, I have a solid amount of hp and a shine powered ST defense buff. I did not invest heavily in my damage stat, as I went heavy towards the buff and my own personal sturdiness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Bifauxnen posted:

would this defense buff help out more of the front row or just yourself?

It's single target, but it helps any one person on my side of the battle, we don't have to be in the same row.

• Locked thread