Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Vaya con dios.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Bifauxnen posted:

Okay, everyone!

Let's all report in in an orderly fashion here. Obviously we want to have an idea of what people can do in battle, but not give away too much detailed information. So I've prepared a little survey to help everyone give me some nice rough claims to get started with. Please answer these questions in a timely manner and then y'all can get on with jokephase while I stay out of your way and obsess over the results.

1. Do you want to be in battle tonight?
A - YESSSSSSS
B - Yes
C - No
D - NO!!!

2. Okay, that's your N1 choice, but is that like, your overall position, or just a tactical choice for right now?
A - Please continue to keep me (on/off) the battlefield at all times if possible (unless I'm just about to die and need to heal up, obviously)
B - I'd really prefer to stay (on/off) the battlefield overall, yeah - but this might change if say, I'm out of Shine, or maybe I could still do something cool in the other position every once in a while.
C - That's my choice right now but I don't really care, I'm awesome both on and off the battlefield
D - That's my choice right now but I don't really care, I suck both on and off the battlefield

3. Regardless of what you answered above, assuming you end up in battle eventually.... front row or back row?
A. Front
B. Back

4. Do you have a very clear preference between Physical and Occult abilities? DON'T give away which one yet, just wondering... do you actually have to care about what kind of buffs you get?
A. Yeah, I definitely favor one type over the other WHICH I WILL NOT SAY JUST YET BECAUSE I AM A SMART TOWNIE TOWN
B. Nah, its all good

5a. If you had a dayvig right now, who would you shoot and why
5b. besides me

1) C
2) C
3) A
4) A
5) lurkers

Good captaining!

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
lol we got to 4 pages overnight on a weekend? It’s going to be one of those games :clint:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

SirSamVimes posted:

so did someone in one of the scumdocs actually ask if they could NK the leader?

Yah sorry I’m dumb.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

busb posted:

im no wrestler because i don't know any wrestlers because wrestling is real bad. like super-nearly-as-bad-as-dogs bad

I thought so too but I was in Mexico City recently and saw Lucha Libre, and brother, let me tell you, that was a pretty loving amazing experience.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

gettign your marching orders huh?

I was pretty much blacked out on mezcal the whole time so who knows what went down.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

##vote tpink, associating with the enemy

I stole all their secrets. Just need a little mezcal to get me right again so I can remember them.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

The Ninth Layer posted:

Not Voting (15):Anidav, curiousCat, Drunk Nerds, iajanus, Jeabus Mahogany, Little Mac, Mithross, Natural 20, peramene, Prince of Space, Retro Futurist, SirSamVimes, tithin, tpink, Xad

Over half of the thread is not voting for anybody. This is, uh, really bad.

Actually, what’s really bad is this post.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Oops I should have caught up with the rest of the thread before posting. Beaten like a red headed stepchild.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
And happy new year to you people in weird time zones.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Happy New Year folks.

Non-weirdos, thanks for understanding that not everyone is going to be posting like crazy on New Year day.

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

tpink: It's barely anything, except for

look at what he's responding to, look at what he'd posted before

is this a scumslip? This feels like a scumslip

Jeabus, I like some of your other good reads, but this coupled with the vote on me is borderline bad faith. Please tell me you did not seriously think that my making a joke about posting as scum in the other thread (or something equally obviously jokey) was a scumslip.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Anidav posted:

What kind of scum team would instruct Infinitum to do this? Unless he is a loose cannon who doesn't play by the book.

This is exactly why I keep going back and forth on whether to vote Infi. His weird gambit in this game makes no sense and if it were anyone else I would have voted him already. On the other hand, that’s also pretty much how he normally plays so :confuoot:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Tired Moritz posted:

##vote Tired Moritz

This is a very pro-town move if you’re town, thanks.

I get your frustration with Infi’s thing. It’s ridiculous and annoying but that’s also how he has played before, and while it’s suss, there is no huge downside to give him a day to test his result. But don’t loving self-vote if you’re actually town just because you’re frustrated with Infi.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Tired Moritz posted:

can't you guys stop fighting and please vote me thanks

im just gonna

##vote xad

Tired Moritz posted:

pera, open your heart and vote me. if you think tnl/me are scum, then vote me, kk?

Seriously, can you loving stop with this if you're actually town. It's the one thing that drives me crazy in this game, when a supposedly town player just throws in the towel after the game heats up on them a little bit. Be a team player.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Tired Moritz posted:

do you prefer a no lynch?

I would prefer that you keep engaging with this game, as I've seen you do many times in the past, rather than taking your ball and going home.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

The Ninth Layer posted:

Did you start with him as a royal advisor or did you pick him?

If the latter I would absolutely vote on that case. If the former then I absolutely wouldn't.

What am I missing here - why does this make such a big difference?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Little Mac posted:

Hi, I'm just caught up (mostly skimmed to get here). For what it's worth, I think b-minus' response reads genuine but I mean, I don't think there's someone else to vote for in 2.5 hours. I'll hold my vote to the end.

I also would still very much like to vote Prince of Space.

Whining is not winning.

Is your vote for Prince still just based on you thinking he scum-slipped by assuming Xad is town, or anything else since then?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Infinitum posted:

Action failed. I have no info to reveal.

I targeted Drunk Nerds.
Assuming I got blocked.

*extremely Gaspy voice* He was never a rolecop, he's lying

lmao.

That’s our Infi! *cue laugh track*

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Bif please don’t die on D1 :ohdear:

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

The Ninth Layer posted:

I'm still waiting to hear someone tell me why I am better off getting nightkilled than joining the battle.

Why are so 100% convinced that you are getting NK’d, my dude.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

The Ninth Layer posted:

Who else are scum gonna pick?

That’s really not an answer at all. I asked you why you are so convinced that you’ll get NK’d and your answer is that it’s because scum is going to pick you for NK.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I have to say I was nervous with Bif going into battle so I’m glad this all worked out.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
TNL made it through unscathed despite all his pearl clutching, I see.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Venom Soag posted:

Oh yeah new day.

##vote infinitum

Oh yeah, thanks for that shocker of a no result Infi. Good work.

##vote Infinitum

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

tithin posted:

christ almighty it was imgay

how could i forget his name

LOL I didn’t realize that’s the same person with the name change. Thanks, friend.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
I was good with my vote on Infi even before this range thing (great catch); now I’m extra good with it. I can also say that the powers he’s claimed so far are pretty ridiculous compared to what I have and compared to the sample character that Pod posted before the game started.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

The Ninth Layer posted:

I am going to say very early that even if we can freely vote out lurkers like Stone Cold and RF, it is against our best interests to do so unless we are absolutely sure they are scum.

I don't think we can even do that today but I just want this opinion out there. We win the game on numbers.

If they aren’t posting it’s going to be really really tough to be “absolutely sure they are scum” (unless Infi comes through with some cop results :allears:)

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Why is the game so quiet today? Is everyone really going to hang back and wait until Infi wakes up from his slumber and responds?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

while inf’s away playung with gila monsters it’s a good time to ask twink again how he knew about the nK

He was crying repeatedly about how he was going to get killed at night if he didn’t participate in the battle. That’s what I was responding to.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

The Ninth Layer posted:

Tough titties. Like I said I'm not sitting around to get nightkilled on the first night.

Like this, for instance.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

SO if you knew he was safe who’d you target with the NK then?

Hey this guy is crafty. Crafty...LIKE A MEXICANO!?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

flerp posted:

oh i just checked my spreadsheet and im like almost dead lol

Poor flerp, saw his spreadsheet and died.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

flerp posted:

also thanks pod for the av

:D

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

peramene posted:

I'll say very simply that anticipating an individual to always behave the same regardless of hypothetical external circumstances is asinine, and if anyone has a dayvig but it seems to be going that way? Just shoot me so the execution can be used productively. Thanks.

Ok what is this. TM redux?

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Just from these recent posters, I’m ok going to battle tonight with flerp, TM (after cooling off I’ve decided that his self-voting was annoying frustrated town), Venom (his anti Infi stuff early on was weird but I am coming around on it with subsequent Infi lies). Maybe busb. Not TNL. Not Hawke. No feelings on curiouscat or xad (I need to re-read you both).

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

flerp posted:

yeah as much as i want to be useful and punch some nerds, im incapable of doing anything at all, so keep me home unless you want a rock on the battlefield

I’m hoping we have some healers to patch you up by then.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman

Bifauxnen posted:

This is a good list of townreads, can you clarify your scumreads?

Sure. Hawke: mostly white-noise posts (he said, without a trace if irony); low-key defending Infi, which didn't look as bad at the time but looks worse now that Infi is very likely lying about some aspects of his role and has gone radio silent.

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

i thbnk inf is being too dumb to be scum rn

SLASHER HAWKE posted:

idk scum inf is normally smartrer than this

TNL: just a gut feel that in fairness I can't really back up with quotes/posts. Something about his protesting about staying out of the battle yesterday was giving me a really weird vibe. But he was also going after Infi early and often, and I am now pretty sure Infi is scum. I am still leaning toward scum for TNL but again this is just more of a hunch.

On more re-reading, I forgot about this 100% ridiculous and made-up case from Prince of Space on me, that was apparently just based on me posting "Vaya con dios" at the beginning of the game in jokephase. WTF is this?

tpink posted:

Vaya con dios.

Prince of Space posted:

S'cuse me, I was just tryin' ta vouch for ya and now ya turn on me with yer questions?

Xad/Jana's been kind ta me, fer one, and she's been perticularly adamant about makin' shure peoples' intentions are in the right place...

Nonetheless if'n really bothers you I don't got nothing against the sleepy Moritz, fer now. I'm all about TPink, ever since Infinintum reminded me they started out their first day with: [vaya con dios quote from he goes here]

##unvote

##vote tpink

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
Lord and this too:

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

[snip]

tpink: It's barely anything, except for

look at what he's responding to, look at what he'd posted before

is this a scumslip? This feels like a scumslip

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

To summarize I think both Little Mac and ##vote tpink have some explaining to do

Here's my post that Jeabus was quoting in his post:

SirSamVimes posted:

so did someone in one of the scumdocs actually ask if they could NK the leader?

tpink posted:

Yah sorry I’m dumb.

I mean.... ???

Jeabus, you're going on my list for making made-up cases.

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
This is why re-reading is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tpink
Feb 18, 2013

Melman
curiouscat, I re-read you and my reaction to your posts was basically this:

curiousCat posted:

every time I click on someone on the userlist that I go "huh I don't have a weird feeling about them" I read their posts and hate it lol

• Locked thread