Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

Bifauxnen posted:

Hello scumbos~! Yes you, my lovelies in KB's army. Please don't be afraid to go all out, cause I'm sure the upcoming loss will be blamed on my presence :sun:

Or maybe just buckle down and look after yourselves, cause this is gonna hurt.

uh oh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

that sounds an awful lot like KB drafted at least two scum

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

What's really funny, is I thought long and hard about going into battle day 1 too. I didn't out of respect for the work Pod put into the game in case I was wrong about how unstoppable I am and I somehow got killed in the first combat. Bif apparently doesn't have the same qualms. :)

It would have been epic. Who knows. It still could be. ;)

We are pretty badass.

Bif undoubtedly has ways to make this less risky for her, like I do. But I feel like if we aren't taking the opportunity to do what we can to Bif, what are we fighting for?

So priorities. If you have some kind of Stun/Demoralize/Frighten, I recommend it. If you have some kind of defense, I recommend it. Outside of that if you can do something to Bif, please do. If you can't, everyone else is up for grabs. AEs are a super plus.

In terms of our own line, if all you can do is informational, feel free to use your own judgement.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

BTW Bif, super happy you killed your advisor. Thanks! Appreciate it!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

OMGVBFLOL posted:

that sounds an awful lot like KB drafted at least two scum

Remember to take anything she says with a grain of salt. Actions speak louder than words, we'll see what happens. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Remember this is a leader that dragged her own loyal advisor before a firing squad. All he was trying to do was give her good advice.

Sure, we killed a towny, but it was one who obviously didn't care about her leader and wasn't doing anything to help. :)

Take heart! Viva Mexico!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

King Burgundy posted:

Remember to take anything she says with a grain of salt. Actions speak louder than words, we'll see what happens. :)

She can talk to them OOT, right? Bluffing or not, it's white noise, as her orders would be coming from a scumdoc, presumably.

As for your orders, I hear you loud and clear!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

She can talk to them OOT, right? Bluffing or not, it's white noise, as her orders would be coming from a scumdoc, presumably.

As for your orders, I hear you loud and clear!

Yup, that message was for show.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Cat in the other thread brings up a good point: we can probably still talk scumhunting now, even if I'm going to sleep in a bit and half the thread has probably peaced out.

Like how I want to bash Hats' face in even more because of his hedging on PMush + vote with no explanation for it, or how Slaan's vote post seems to be setting up for an out on the PMush lynch he just joined.

TThere's much more to be checked, but that'll have to happen tomorrow, because I'm tired as gently caress and can't really try to look over anyone I haven't already looked into with any accuracy.

Also, question, if anyone else is awake and can answer in like 30 minutes: is TMM the type to fake questions as scum?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Mafia Edit: actually never mind with the question

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I’d bet money on Keane and Gamer both being scum.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Murmur Twin posted:

But MMT, wasn't your New year's resolution to be better with money?

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Murmur Twin posted:

I read both the same way.

Only voted Pmush at the end because there was less than an hour left. A person the thread hated getting offed is better than having her alive and the Texans picking a confirmed other townie

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Slaan posted:

I read both the same way.

Only voted Pmush at the end because there was less than an hour left. A person the thread hated getting offed is better than having her alive and the Texans picking a confirmed other townie

"guys I only voted pmush because she was popular!"

Murmur Twin posted:

what an upset

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
As far as I'm concerned, losing pmush is no big deal because they made it obvious they didn't have poo poo to contribute in thread and hosed up their only place to make a difference by outing their ability.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:cheers: Less than 2 hours to get your Preliminary actions in before the thread closes for Battle phase! As a FYI, the Battle phase will likely be a bit shorter so we can keep things moving briskly (still figuring timeframes out) but I am open to input on deadlines. My current thinking is to have the deadline for Battle actions be 9:30 PM ET (9.5 hours from end of Preliminary) so that I can resolve results and reopen the thread TONIGHT! :cheers:

Max Peck
Oct 12, 2013

You know you're having a bad day when a Cylon ambush would improve it.

Murmur Twin posted:

Why specifically both? Obviously they're both still towards the top of my list, but are you seeing a connection, or is this just a parlay?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Hey Quid, if you're scum, please attack me in battle

ty

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

GeneX posted:

Hey Quid, if you're scum, please attack me in battle

ty

If you’re scum I’d prefer you didn’t do that to me :ohdear:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidthulhu posted:

If you’re scum I’d prefer you didn’t do that to me :ohdear:

Don't worry, I'm the only scum in this lineup and as my troll exit from Mafia I'm gonna nuke Bif.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Don't worry, I'm the only scum in this lineup and as my troll exit from Mafia I'm gonna nuke Bif.

What a twist!

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Quidthulhu posted:

What a twist!

I'm basically the M. Night Shyamalan of mafia

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

That was the joke I was making, yes :v:

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

Max Peck posted:

Why specifically both? Obviously they're both still towards the top of my list, but are you seeing a connection, or is this just a parlay?

Re-read Keane, and look for how critical he is of TMM vs. how critical he is of Gamer.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

And then re-read Gamer and try and understand what his case on Tobbs is - it's based almost entirely on his roleclaim. The fact that he doesn't apply the same logic towards PMush tells me that he's faking his reads.

When I ask Keane about it, he redirects the conversation:

CCKeane posted:

I get where you are coming from, but I don't think the information shared by PMush and Tobbs are equivalent, so I'm not convinced by that point.

Now this is me conspiracy theorying it up though, I can see Gamer and PMush as scum and trying to throw Slaan under, especially with the dichotomy TMM set up as "well if one is scum, the other probably isn't".

Admittedly, I am having a hard time not viewig things through the lens of TMM as scum, so I'll try a straight reading when I'm home.

He dismisses the question with "I don't think what they shared is equivalent" when what they shared was totally equivalent, and then changes the subject twice.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Yeah, I’m feeling that case on Keane. Good legwork, MMT :sun:

Can you summarize your gamer feels quickly, I’m in and out of Dr’s appts today. I can check later but if you can squeeze in a recap I would appreciate it

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:cheers: Preliminary Phase is over! Preliminary Action results are in your character sheets. :cheers:

BATTLEFIELD: Palo Alto

quote:

The terrain here lends itself to the use of artillery, which leaves those who fight atop horseback at a dire disadvantage. On the other hand, the nearby town is the perfect place to gather emergency requisitions - or plunder, if you prefer.
Universal Effect: All Wranglers take 1 additional damage from each attack. Shopkeeps surviving the battle have a 50% chance to scrounge up 1 Shine after the battle.

BATTLE FORMATION
pre:
		TXSG
busb		Infinitum	tithin
Bifauxnen	SLASHER HAWKE	Venom Soag

OMGVBFLOL	Tobbs Gnawed	50 pounds of bread
Kashuno		Quidthulhu	Flying Leatherman	TMMadman
		DdN
:cheers: Battle Phase starts now. Deadline for submitting Battle Actions is ~9 hours from now, 9:30 PM ET. If you have concerns with the deadline, please PM me. :cheers:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

The armies clashed for the first time near the town of Palo Alto, hungry to take the measure of the other side and see who could draw first blood. Shine-glazed eyes met across the battlefield, tension crackling sharply for a number of heartbeats before the Mexicans abruptly charged in, bellowing war cries!

The Texans met the assault full-on, standing strong against the onslaught - but for how long? A strident voice cracked through the gun-smoke - it was Ma Ferguson herself! "Let's get 'em, boys! Give 'em hell and kick their rear ends all the way back home!"

From there, it all became too confused for anyone to follow - but after a time, both armies withdrew to lick their wounds. Today was just the first skirmish - certainly a costly one, but a skirmish nonetheless - but it would by no means be the last.

TEXAS STATE GUARD CASUALTIES
:clint: :siren: No one died! :siren: :clint:

DIVISIÓN DEL NORTE CASUALTIES

quote:

Everyone loves a good musician. Entertain them and fade into the background, and they'll pay you no mind. But the music lulls them into carelessness... and then the fun really begins!
:rip: 50 pounds of bread, aka Lisandro, TOWN-aligned Scout, was killed in battle on Night 1! :rip:

:clint: THE TEXAS STATE GUARD WINS THE BATTLE! :clint:

Each army returns to their camp, ready to regroup, recuperate, and prepare - for tomorrow is another day, and another battle awaits.

Day 2 starts now. Deadline is 8 PM ET on Saturday 06-JAN-2018. If a Saturday night deadline poses an issue, please let me know via PM.

~~~

:cheers: Important Administrative Notes: :cheers:
1) :siren: REMEMBER, NO MENTIONING NUMBERS WHEN TALKING ABOUT DAMAGE/STATS/HEALTH! :siren:
2) Texans - I missed Retro Futurist when reviewing post counts. He is also ON NOTICE.
3) The rules are updated to v5.0!
Changelog:
v4.1 (02-JAN-2018): Oops I forgot to add a note about what happens if all the scum are dead in a thread! Thanks observer lonegoat!
v5.0 (03-JAN-2018): Updated Appendix E - revised a previous rule indicating that each battlefield could only be chosen twice. Now only the neutral battlefield can be chosen only twice!

Podima fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Jan 6, 2018

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 2 :beerpal:

Not Voting (23): Anomalous Amalgam, CCKeane, chaoslord, Flying Leatherman, Gamerofthegame, GeneX, Hal Incandenza, IllegallySober, Kashuno, King Burgundy, Max Peck, Moatillata, Monathin, Murmur Twin, OMGVBFLOL, Quidthulhu, SalTheBard, Slaan, The Lord of Hats, TMMadman, Tobbs Gnawed, Truth Quark, Your Personal Muse :rubshands:

With 23 people still alive, it takes 12 votes to execute.
The current deadline is January 06th, 2018 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 2 days, 22 hours.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hi folks.

I'm really really pleased with this outcome. Their leader went against us and we only lost Bread.

Good work.

Rest in Peace Bread!

Don't talk about battle till you read my next post.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I'd like there to be no conversation about or from our two late battle joiners in regards to how they got there or what they did there. Everyone else I'd like to know what you did/who you targeted.

From everyone in battle I need to know what your status is coming out of it. How ya doing?

---

Outside of battle talk, feel free to get moving on finding our scum folks. I actually have some strong opinions on this, but as usual, I'm going to stay out of it mostly till later.
Get to work!

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Oh sorry, mafia edit:

When I say I'd like to know what you did/who you targeted, I mean vaguely.

I attacked Bob.

I protected George.

I debuffed Henry.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
rip bread

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

But, I mean, who let a 50 pound anything into a battle? That is just asking for death, really. A stiff breeze could knock'um over

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
I'm just fine thanks for asking

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Oh yeah, also definitely want to know if anyone not in battle has any new damage/negative effects. Be as detailed as you can without breaking the rules.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

##vote the Lord of Hats for the reasons I've laid out prior, with the new additional bit of his only case being made on Bread.

Those reasons are, to save all of you the trouble, that he posted about how important the battles were D1 without bothering to discuss the topic further, nudged KB for info on the battlefield, made a truly awful post on the tobbs/Kashuno controversy mess, hedged on voting PMush, and made his only case of the game on Bread.

Vote analysis later, maybe

King Burgundy posted:

I'd like there to be no conversation about or from our two late battle joiners in regards to how they got there or what they did there. Everyone else I'd like to know what you did/who you targeted.

I'm not sure if I should say what I tried to do before I was kicked out of the battle. It's probably worth keeping secret until I can actually do it, just in case, but it's your call, KB.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

King Burgundy posted:

Oh sorry, mafia edit:

When I say I'd like to know what you did/who you targeted, I mean vaguely.

I attacked Bob.

I protected George.

I debuffed Henry.

I buffed my rank. I attacked tithin. I took a hit but am still in good shape.

Bread attacked Bif. I'm out of shine.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

GeneX posted:

##vote the Lord of Hats for the reasons I've laid out prior, with the new additional bit of his only case being made on Bread.

Those reasons are, to save all of you the trouble, that he posted about how important the battles were D1 without bothering to discuss the topic further, nudged KB for info on the battlefield, made a truly awful post on the tobbs/Kashuno controversy mess, hedged on voting PMush, and made his only case of the game on Bread.

Vote analysis later, maybe

I'm not sure if I should say what I tried to do before I was kicked out of the battle. It's probably worth keeping secret until I can actually do it, just in case, but it's your call, KB.

No, since you didn't get to do anything, don't share. But do let me know what you know about why you weren't in battle. And let me know if your status has changed in regards to your battle answers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I buffed my rank. I attacked tithin. I took a hit but am still in good shape.

Bread attacked Bif. I'm out of shine.

drat good job.

• Locked thread