Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
You know, the Kid hasn't come back and given his read of Keane yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

TMMadman posted:

Kid's up and working on it, it's a bit longer than he expected, and got caught up a few things he didn't mean to.

Appreciates keeping him honest on it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

TMMadman posted:

Here is my read on Keane:

He is really good looking and good at sports. He can crush a walnut in his mighty bicep, but isn't intimidating because of his disarming smile and kindly eyes.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok, heal situation covered. Don't worry about it Sal.

Just waiting on any final lockins/opinions and cases from folks like Monathin and Hal/opinions or posts from people that are still below the lurker line.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Kid's had to write down more than his fair share of thoughts on Keane. None of it looks good from where he's sitting. Kid's gone deep into what's been said, figuring out where Keane stands. Here's some talking points he's come up with. Borrows some note-taking styles from others in the camp.

A<Jan 2nd, 13:02>

CCKeane posted:

To be clear: I absolutely am attempting to force TMM to be a focus of conversation and viable execution candidate today, yes.

Kid's been uneasy about this ever since Keane brought it up. Keane wants Madman on the chopping block during the first day. Doesn't bring it up until the twilight hours. At this point, Kid remembers, people were congregating around Gamer, Mush, and Slaan. Kid finds it kinda weird from the perspective of the camp you'd push a case like that, that late in the day, Lest Keane split the vote, and not putting anyone on the chopping block's a worse move here in just about every way. Kid figures it might make sense if you had a sure-fire smoking gun for a case. Keane doesn't, he has hedgestatements and some inconsistencies, but nothing more than the other three have. It's a strange read. Keane focuses in deep on Madman and doesn't let up. Kid doesn't like that the hedged statements are Keane's focus at that point, especially cause, later, Keane does it himself.

B1<Jan 2nd, 12:15>

CCKeane posted:

I'm not going to play the quote game because I'm on my phone (give me a couple of hours to get home) but TMM strongly feels like he's putting out feelers and then strengthening his stance once others are agreeing.
B2<Jan 4, 10:56>

CCKeane posted:

I do have a read. I am not posting it.

Keane says Madman's putting feelers out on the first day, then later today, refuses to comply with talking about his suspicions on Quid. Keane does this numerous times, Kid doesn't like it one bit. With Keane already pushing Madman, Kid feels like Keane wanted to try and come to Quid's defense, help him squirm out of suspicion, by flipping the tables on Madman. Of course, when Madman does post his case, it's strong as steel - catch aside, it's a pretty damning blow. When called out on not voicing his suspicions, Keane tries to reason with the camp:

B3<Jan 4, 22:31>

CCKeane posted:

TMMs points are Rock solid. I don't think he is scum. I do think he is right on Quid.
B4<Jan 5, 8:32>

CCKeane posted:

No, I didn't like Quid too much (in particular, his support for MMTs terrible case on me), but I was hoping he'd slip up once he posted a case/response to a case. I didn't want to interfere with what he night be thinking in terms of postis, and I wanted to attempt a bluff of having night action information, or at least introduce uncertainty.

Kid thinks Keane's trying to backpedal on a handlebrake bike here. Keane wanted to gambit with a night action while Quid was in battle, but at the same time, Quid was in battle. Kid doesn't know whether or not the gambit would work that way. Not unreasonable to say it wouldn't, but it makes the Kid suspect in a few ways.

Now, what the Kid suspects was Keane's intent, given Madman's clear want to make a case, was that Keane was hoping to help defend Quid, and flip the tables on Madman, who he'd been poking for a while now. Doesn't feel genuine, the way Kid's been looking at it.

Now, Kid does have to play devil's advocate for a moment - Keane didn't have any reads on Quid beforehand, but Quid supported Murmur's case on Keane near the end of the first day. A throwaway comment, and Keane mentions not liking Quid due to to that here. It's a bit weird, and can be a number of things - it doesn't feel like an attempt to bus - Quid's comment feels pretty throwaway, and feels more like praising and buddyin' up to Murmur than anything. But the Kid can't see anything there that explicitly exonerates or damns Keane either way.

Kid does have to point out, though - if Keane wanted to fake a investigation on someone in battle, why he didn't do it on Madman? Keane ain't been secret about Madman being his strongest read.

C<Jan 3, 22:22>

CCKeane posted:

I'm willing to eat crow on Gene and TMM, I think it's unlikely we would have had the result that we did if we had scum in the battle party, so baring additional information that changes things, I think I'm going to drop both for now.

Kid notes this is the most hesitation we see from Keane on his iron-sights focus on Madman, and shakes it off once Kash points out - correctly, the Kid figures - that there's no correlation between lack of casualties in battle and scum in the ranks, he shakes it off and goes back in. Keane keeps banging the drum on Madman, even making a big argument he comes out looking good in, until Madman makes his move on Quid. Keane drops his case on Madman without any fanfare afterwards. Kid thinks this is a big deal.

Kid thinks it's a big deal because Keane no longer has any cases that feel genuine. Madman calls him out on this, and Keane points out how much he -had- been talking about other people:

D1<Jan 4, 10:25>

CCKeane posted:

Today I have posted about the lurkers, Gene, Moat, MMT and TMM, and especially since I have the time today I am being pretty engaged and prodding.

On Kash's post I'll go through the battle lineup, but I think it's nonsense to state that I am not posting reads

Kid figures he needs to keep his eyes fresh, goes looking over these cases, see if there's more substance than he thought.

• The big case Keane had been pushing was Madman, which has fallen apart, of course.
  • When Keane talks about Gene, he points out Gene's lack of a meta case. While Keane's right, he's posting in self-defense, and Kid doesn't really figure that moves the needle in either direction of alignment on its own.
  • When Keane talks about Moat, it's a quick gut-read of what Keane calls Moat's aggressiveness, which he backs off a couple minutes later, before anyone can call him on it.
  • Those lurkin' in the back, Keane doesn't put forward a single suspect read of the lot. The closest he gets is 'Sober doesn't have anything to go off of'.
  • When Keane gets into talk of Murmur, he initially believes her to be misguided, rather than fully suspect, jumping into Gene's case on her. When Murmur goes after Gamer and Keane's discussion on her, thinking one or both suspect, it gets into a huge argument, Keane on the defensive, and leads Keane to conclude later that Murmur's scum.

Kid remembers what Keane said in the midst of the earlier argument-

D2<Jan 4, 3:08>

CCKeane posted:

I'll tell you what is dismissive, however, and that would be saying that my reasons for thinking TMM was scum are just me trying to convince town to vote TMM, when the very posts you quote have clear reasons for that thinking listed.

Keane's case boils down, the way Kid can examine it, as Madman was posting scummy, and hedging reads, and Keane was trying to poke holes while refusing to engage with anything Madman was trying to get out of Keane. Keane's been sayin' his obstinance is alignment-neutral, but the Kid doesn't buy it at this point in the game. Especially since Keane probably could've gotten more out of Madman by not bein' as bullheaded about it all, way the Kid figures

Kid notes Keane's must've been feeling the heat of the callout either-way, and makes a bunch more quick reads immediately after being called out-

D3<Jan 4, 10:34>

CCKeane posted:

OMG: Actually I really don't like the posts: the push on PMush stands out, and the general focus on lurkers in the big call out post is also a strange choice for a day one conversation and doesn't feel right. Scummy read on them.

Tobbs: I think Tobbs's post claiming info was bad, but more in town making a tactically poor move bad than scummy bad. Tobbs seems to be making good posts. Town is my read.

50: The towniest man who ever lived.

Kash: I agree with his posts esp. regarding overall game tactics, and don't think he's scum.

Quid: I want to see what Quid says today more.

FL: Generally fine postung. I covered him in the lurker section earlier. Townie lurker.

TMM: my thoughts on TMMs posting are pretty unambiguous and I think his posting is scummy for a multitude of reasons outlined in my earlier posts. Outside of battle, I'd say he's scum.

Kid notes something here that's pretty damned fishy. Most of Keane's reads are more about who he's feeling are town, versus who he's feeling are scum. He makes the first case on OMG, calling it a gut read, and reiterates his point on Madman, but otherwise says all the others feel fine to him. Kid doesn't know what others would call it, but he calls it a lack of content. Keane presses on OMG one more time, thinking he's bandwagoning on Madman's case later, but then Keane says it's 'hardly damning' when Hal points out he doesn't like that line of reasoning. Kid has to find it funny, Keane's top pick all game was cause he felt he was hedging, and now that there's pretty solid evidence he's town, he's starting to hedge on his only other out-and-out pick for a suspect.

Kid's been talkin a lot, more than he usually would, but figures it's best to summarize: Kid feels that even if Keane -could be- town, which the Kid doesn't feel he is at all, after reading over everything Keane's been saying, he's not acting in a way that's conductive of a town mindset. He's picking arguments mainly with people who suspect him, posting on the defensive, and doing very little to no hunting down of suspects himself. It strikes the Kid as disingenuous and suspect, and overall has him feeling like Keane's likely next on the list.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Took another look at Slaan (reread his posts twice over in spurts between last night and this morning) and it could just be my lack of own focus or not reading in context but I didn't have any serious alarm bells going off there.

I'm mostly in "wait and see" mode between the upcoming flip of Quid and seeing who's put in battle tonight and where.

I remain suspicious of AA and intend to vote him to begin D3 unless something from the remainder of the day exonerates him. I also, however, like Monathin's just-posted case on Keane a lot and think that's worth pursuing tomorrow too.

KB, I'm assuming you have battle lines set but just to keep you informed I have no need or specific desire to be in battle tonight.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

As a counterpoint, nah.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

King Burgundy posted:

Ok, heal situation covered. Don't worry about it Sal.

Just waiting on any final lockins/opinions and cases from folks like Monathin and Hal/opinions or posts from people that are still below the lurker line.

Kid wants to make sure: is this a go-ahead to bring down Quid, or hold off. Kid hadn't voted, mostly to keep Quid from being accidentally executed ahead of time.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Monathin posted:

Kid wants to make sure: is this a go-ahead to bring down Quid, or hold off. Kid hadn't voted, mostly to keep Quid from being accidentally executed ahead of time.

Reads as asking to hold off.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Kid stands pat, then. He's said what's on his mind.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok. We are good to go.

I'll be gaming for the next several hours, but go ahead and cuddle quid now.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
##vote Quid

Feels good man.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote Quid

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

##vote Quid

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Oh god! Quidthulhu is hammered!

:beerpal: Votecount for Day 2 :beerpal:

Quidthulhu (12): Kashuno, TMMadman, The Lord of Hats, Truth Quark, OMGVBFLOL, Gamerofthegame, GeneX, Truth Quark, IllegallySober, Murmur Twin, Moatillata, Quidthulhu, Kashuno, Anomalous Amalgam, GeneX, Tobbs Gnawed, CCKeane, Monathin
Gamerofthegame (2): Anomalous Amalgam, Your Personal Muse, Slaan, Murmur Twin, SalTheBard, Murmur Twin, Anomalous Amalgam, Slaan
Truth Quark (1): Slaan
Your Personal Muse (1): Truth Quark
Max Peck (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
TMMadman (0): CCKeane, CCKeane, Anomalous Amalgam, Anomalous Amalgam
The Lord of Hats (0): GeneX, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, GeneX
chaoslord (0): Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin
Kashuno (0): Quidthulhu, Quidthulhu
SalTheBard (0): Flying Leatherman, Gamerofthegame, Gamerofthegame, Flying Leatherman
Slaan (0): Gamerofthegame, Gamerofthegame
Murmur Twin (0): chaoslord, chaoslord

Not Voting (7): chaoslord, Flying Leatherman, GeneX, Hal Incandenza, Kashuno, King Burgundy, Max Peck :rubshands:

With 23 people still alive, it takes 12 votes to execute.
The current deadline is January 06th, 2018 at 8 p.m. EST -- that's in about 4 hours, 49 minutes.

The story of how Pancho Villa came to own the Shine distillery in Celaya continues...

First, Pancho tried to charm them. He offered the distillery owners his favor as a pivotal figure in the Mexican revolution, and assurances of benefits to come after the corrupt government was overturned. They rejected his offer, called him a charlatan, and sent him packing with nothing to show for his efforts.

Then, Pancho tried to buy them out. He offered them vast fortunes from the revolution, and a promise of more land to grow the crucial crops needed for brewing Shine. They turned him down, called him a filthy traitor, and chased him off with the dogs at his heels.

Finally, Pancho returned with his army at his heels. He offered them the chance to cling to their miserable lives, and additional bonus pay if they would continue working to brew the Shine he craved. They reluctantly accepted, called him the new head honcho, and set to work brewing Shine for his cause.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
## vote Quid

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

votefinder posted:

Finally, Pancho returned with his army at his heels. He offered them the chance to cling to their miserable lives, and additional bonus pay if they would continue working to brew the Shine he craved. They reluctantly accepted, called him the new head honcho, and set to work brewing Shine for his cause.

Pancho the head honcho made me giggle. (also I thought that was Quid's flip but without the flip lol)

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Scumthulhu, scum-aligned scumbo was executed D2. Also Texas didn't ratify its constitution.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Well, I can't say the Kid didn't show his work.

Now to see what the battlefield looks like tonight.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Scumthulhu, scum-aligned scumbo was executed D2. Also Texas didn't ratify its constitution.

:lol:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Littered with dead Texans, I hope

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Let it be known for the record that I invited Quid because be stealth voted himself and I didn’t wanna lynch early

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Unvoted

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Final Post Counts for Day 2:

:cheers: Nobody will be ON NOTICE for Day 3! :cheers:

~~~

Pancho Villa had spent the last several hours grilling the woman accused of betraying his confidences, but could get very little from her. She had withstood the interrogation admirably, breaking her silence only to sing Texan anthems and spit in as many people's faces as she could. (They began wearing bandannas for protection after the first couple of times - her aim WAS admirable.) Finally, he gave up, and gestured for the others to take her away to meet her maker.

"If all Texans are as stubborn as she was... ah, this will be a war to remember, my friends."

A few minutes later, the rattle of gunfire brought the day's preparations to a close.

quote:

No jail can hold you, no matter how hard they try. All it takes is a trusted associate slipping you a flask of Shine through the bars - or in a pinch where you're doing a solo job, concealing it somewhere unpleasant - and out you go. Bless that fantastic beverage for supporting your career choices.
:rip: Quidthulhu, aka Eva, SCUM-aligned Shiner, was executed on Day 2! :rip:

:cheers: Day ability results are being distributed shortly in your sheets. You will only receive results if you used an ability or if something happened to you. :cheers:

~~~

BATTLEFIELD: Guerrero

quote:

Pushing back into Mexican territory, the fighting takes to the streets. The tighter quarters favor those used to urban brawls, while those who long for the open sky are at a loss.
Universal Effect: All Bruisers have +1 to their offensive abilities, while all Ranchers have -1 to their offensive abilities.

BATTLE FORMATION
pre:
		TXSG
Venom Soag	tithin		The Ninth Layer
curiousCat	peramene	Prince of Space

CCKeane		Gamerofthegame	Max Peck
TMMadman	Lord of Hats	Anomalous Amalgam
		DdN
:cheers: Preliminary phase starts now. You have ~9 hours to use Preliminary abilities, until 1 AM EST tomorrow. Remember that you can only use Preliminary abilities if in the battle party, unless specifically stated otherwise. Please do not submit Battle abilities at this time. :cheers:

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
We did it compadres

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Texas got one of their own, and we got a Texan.

Kid thinks that's a good day's work.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
lmao infinitum was a texan

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Viva Mexico :mexico:

KB, I can't punch dudes if I'm not in battle :(

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
:laffo: Inf was a scum.

And I caught me a Texan. :ese:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

:laffo: Inf was a townie.

Mafia Edit.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Although I guess actually Inf truly is scum!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

So we are down 2 town and 1 killed one scum. They are down 2 town. So that vote put us ahead :toot:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Confirming that the heal went through and I am feeling fantastic! I also appreciate the extra gift!

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

TMMadman posted:

:laffo: Inf was a scum.

Man Quid and TMM together on a scumteam would be one hell of a long con :j:

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I would really like to be in the next battle.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Kid isnt at a hundred percent, but he got put together for a good amount. If Burgundy wants it, Kid'll be good for the next battle.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I'm not going to talk about my health because I'm going into battle. Let it be a mystery to all but me!

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Confirming that the heal went through and I am feeling fantastic! I also appreciate the extra gift!

Gift wasn't me, but my heal was a success on you. So not sure where they came from

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

MEdit: "They" being the gift

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Slaan posted:

Gift wasn't me, but my heal was a success on you. So not sure where they came from

I would assume the king and possibly other people can give out items.

I mean there is a background called shopkeeper and for all I know they can give something out.

But the King almost always gets items to give away as presents.

• Locked thread