Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

We are ~1 hour from deadline and the only player prevented from posting (PMush) checked out hours ago. Sure, it affects day actions, but unless I'm remembering incorrectly KB warned us to get those in a few posts ago.

Point 2 is very relevant here - KB surely has more information and is more knowledgeable about mechanics than everybody else, and he objectively has the interest of the thread in mind, however KB is also one person who can be mistaken.

Obviously people may disagree with me, and I don't think disagreeing with me is scummy at all, but I do think that we are going to have less useful discussion during this twilight than we would have had if this was during the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

We are ~1 hour from deadline and the only player prevented from posting (PMush) checked out hours ago. Sure, it affects day actions, but unless I'm remembering incorrectly KB warned us to get those in a few posts ago.

Re-read, maybe not. But Podima did let us know how day actions worked, so I doubt we're missing much if a player decided not to submit until an hour to deadline.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Especially since I fully acknowledge that this may come down to play style, I am going to drop it after this post unless somebody has a specific question for me.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 minutes!

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Kid agrees with this. If anything, he thinks we cut it too close to the wire.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
I mean, I suppose it changes the tenor of the last few votes, but I think we were still headed in the direction of lynching PMush anyways, and it was all of like an hour and a half lost. I'd say KB has done a good job of keeping a light touch on the thread.

Looking forward to seeing the lineups now.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CCKeane posted:

Here is why:

-Drawing out the hammer maximizes discussion and forces additional opinions to be laid out/challenged

-KB is confirmed town but isn't infallible, following his lead strongly and encouraging the thread to follow his lead can discourage dissension and can also mean that scum need to fool KB instead of the entire town.

-Day abilities are no longer viable - this can go either way, obviously, but I am inclined to think this hurts town abilities more than scum abilities. (This is a weaker point.)

This is all completely correct.

Having said that, that is why I stayed out of it for most of the day and why most likely I'll do so again for most of day 2. I'm pretty sure we'd gotten just about everything useful out of this day phase. And I warned people to get their day actions in like a full day ago with the potential of an early.

Also, I was excited to get to a battle phase. :)

But fwiw, I'll be aiming for a slightly early cuddle on every day phase if possible. The consequences of a missed cuddle are way to great to let things go to the last moment and risk a no cuddle.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 6 minutes!

King Burgundy posted:

Also, I was excited to get to a battle phase. :)

Kid agrees, he's itching to get to fighting.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I agree with Keane but otoh I had nothing more to add at this point

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Anyone got a list of players who swapped from Slaan to Pmush or Gamer to Pmush in that last flurry? I think that could be relevant

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

Anyone got a list of players who swapped from Slaan to Pmush or Gamer to Pmush in that last flurry? I think that could be relevant

KB and Slaan were voting gamer, Gene was voting Slaan, Quid was voting you (Kash) and I wasn't voting anyone.

It is listed in the final vote count, you just have to figure out the unvotes.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

KB and Slaan were voting gamer, Gene was voting Slaan, Quid was voting you (Kash) and I wasn't voting anyone.

It is listed in the final vote count, you just have to figure out the unvotes.

And the few votes before KBs vote are

in reverse order:
Hal from Sal,
Hats from bread
Monothin from Gamer

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Final Post Counts for Day 1:

:cheers: Nobody will be ON NOTICE for Day 2! :cheers:

~~~

As the sun drew low over the mountains, the División del Norte gathered at the center of their camp. Pancho had spoken, and it was time to root out a traitor! They dragged him out of his tent, feebly protesting the whole way, and tied him to a sturdy palm tree trunk. As the firing line prepared their rifles, the gathered crowd flung insults at the battered man - he was no true revolutionary, he had practically tried to sneak away in the night, and he let sensitive information slip where spies could hear! Finally, Pancho raised a single hand, and a hush fell over the crowd.

"Adios."

Gunfire rang out, sending birds squawking into the sky. The body slumped to the ground.

All that remained... was an uncomfortable silence.

quote:

You did always consider yourself a bit of a snoop, though you prefer to think of it as harmless curiosity. You can't help it - it's so easy to get distracted when you can see everything people are hiding, with just one little sip of Shine!
:rip: PMush Perfect, aka Fabio, TOWN-aligned Light, was executed on Day 1! :rip:

:cheers: Day ability results are being distributed shortly in your sheets. You will only receive results if you used an ability or if something happened to you. :cheers:

~~~

BATTLEFIELD: Palo Alto

quote:

The terrain here lends itself to the use of artillery, which leaves those who fight atop horseback at a dire disadvantage. On the other hand, the nearby town is the perfect place to gather emergency requisitions - or plunder, if you prefer.
Universal Effect: All Wranglers take 1 additional damage from each attack. Shopkeeps surviving the battle have a 50% chance to scrounge up 1 Shine after the battle.

BATTLE FORMATION
pre:
		TXSG
busb		Infinitum	tithin
Bifauxnen	SLASHER HAWKE	Venom Soag

OMGVBFLOL	Tobbs Gnawed	50 pounds of bread
GeneX		Quidthulhu	TMMadman
		DdN
:cheers: Preliminary phase starts now. You have ~16 hours to use Preliminary abilities, until high noon EST tomorrow. Remember that you can only use Preliminary abilities if in the battle party, unless specifically stated otherwise. Please do not submit Battle abilities at this time. :cheers:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
:ghost: Don't ride my rear end. (It's a mule, anyways.)

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
Well, thread isn't locked, so I guess we can post?

what the gently caress is Bifauxnen thinking

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

GeneX posted:

Yes, we can still post until the official start of night.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Bif is:
1. Super tanky
2. Super killy
And or
3. Thinks we might have a battle full of our scum that won't target him

Well, or he is gambling that we think those things are true so we don't bother going after Ferguson

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Slaan posted:

Bif is:
1. Super tanky
2. Super killy
And or
3. Thinks we might have a battle full of our scum that won't target him

Well, or he is gambling that we think those things are true so we don't bother going after Ferguson

she :)

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Oops, meant to use female pronouns

Also, :colbert:

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

GeneX posted:

I don't know what I should or shouldn't share about my battle abilities here.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.
cool

apropos of nothing in particular, KB, who in battle on our side do you trust the least

I'm on team "TMM is a weird choice", personally

Also I await your battle orders, I'm not much for damage exactly but I'll happily buzz Bif if you think we should concentrate fire

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I wouldn't really share anything more about your abilities right now.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
KB you gently caress man why am I not in this

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
This is KB's territory, but it would be extremely helpful to have as detailed a priority list as possible.

E.g. "If you can do X, do that."
"If not X, then Y"

That way I can make the best decision within my capabilities without telegraphing my actions.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

nothing, people can say they'd like support somehow but usually the battle happens and everyone makes claims

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Actually yeah on further thought I probably shouldn't have hinted stuff until we got KB's input

oops

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Gamerofthegame posted:

KB you gently caress man why am I not in this

:agreed:

I want to punch Texans

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack
GET SOME

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

team bosses usually have some opg powers of shenanigans, so you actually probably shoooould call out if you're attacking her and only have one or two do so.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

I guess I can repost the spreadsheet with their info in it, looks like I got everyone on their side (except bifauxnen because holy poo poo that seems like a bad play)

Not sure how useful it's going to be but it might help with targeting decisions, assuming we aren't all just going to see if we can oneshot bifauxnen

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Genuinely surprised in that flip

Bif is a fools errand; we aren’t going to end her in the first battle and if there was literally any risk of it she wouldn’t be going in

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Our lineup is whack.

That’s all I’ve got for this episode, make sure to like and subscribe for more hot takes

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

tithin appears to be a support role, infinitim is a rolecop, busb is apparently going to Do A Thing so if you have any manner of blockers I would recommend it on them

the front line is the brute squad

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
:ffg:
:munch:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kashuno posted:

Genuinely surprised in that flip

Bif is a fools errand; we aren’t going to end her in the first battle and if there was literally any risk of it she wouldn’t be going in

I mean, as a counterpoint, gently caress it, attack her a lot?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Pmush, thanks so much for your effort. ;)

Thinking.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
that's, uh, very unexpected, yeah

CCKeane posted:

I mean, as a counterpoint, gently caress it, attack her a lot?

i was honestly kinda thinking about this too but there's gotta be a reason she went in today especially as a frontliner, right?

i know the rules said this would subvert any conclusions we tried to draw from other soldiers games but this feels almost like a bridge too far

gonna wifom myself into a poor night's sleep tonight

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I'm sure we're all reading the other thread now (If you're in the battle) but this is worth noting.

Bifauxnen posted:

Hello everyone, please do not join this battle with your special ability unless you are willing to join the front line and can fire a good ranged attack at their back row.

Oh and I almost forgot, I should avoid telling you specific people to target and we don't have much data yet anyway, so just aim at whoever you feel is a good poster. :sun:

Is she going to demolish everyone in the front herself, or is there another reason she doesn't want people hitting us?

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

Personally I think she's really scared that Kyle Schwarber, chief beef lad, will wreck the texas thread with one swing of his mighty bat

No but really I find it interesting that she wants them to focus on the three people in back without specifying anyone in particular, gives me a good feeling about TMM and Quid

also peramene if you're reading this don't you dare accuse us of loving anime while you have busb in your thread

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Flying Leatherman posted:

that's, uh, very unexpected, yeah

i was honestly kinda thinking about this too but there's gotta be a reason she went in today especially as a frontliner, right?

i know the rules said this would subvert any conclusions we tried to draw from other soldiers games but this feels almost like a bridge too far

gonna wifom myself into a poor night's sleep tonight

Let me put it this way: If this was Day 7 and not day 1, this wouldn't be a conversation we'd be having.

I don't think we should WIFOM too much here.

And, although I've been big on "KB is just a confirmed town player", this is probably an area where we should listen to him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

CCKeane posted:

Let me put it this way: If this was Day 7 and not day 1, this wouldn't be a conversation we'd be having.

I don't think we should WIFOM too much here.

And, although I've been big on "KB is just a confirmed town player", this is probably an area where we should listen to him.

this is fair

100% agreed on your second point for sure though

• Locked thread