Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

A little bit of drama in the Texas thread!

The only thing I'm confident of is that Bif will choose wrong.

It's kind of her thing.

birdstrike v flerp is a battle of good posters imo, so no matter what, bif's thread loses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I won’t be home until later tonight but have an effortpost saved on the laptop for when I do. In the meantime please reread my cases and ask Moat why he healed Hats.

Jen X
Sep 29, 2014

To bring light to the darkness, whether that darkness be ignorance, injustice, apathy, or stagnation.

Murmur Twin posted:

I won’t be home until later tonight but have an effortpost saved on the laptop for when I do. In the meantime please reread my cases and ask Moat why he healed Hats.

ok

moat why did you heal hats

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

Are you going after Moat or Hats? Are you saying they are scum together?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

:ffg:
EAT THE DONUTS
Hey FL, did you heal or remove ailments from anyone D3?

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

TMMadman posted:

She started pushing us as a package deal in the D3 twilight:

Murmur Twin posted:

Fair enough.

Just for the sake of being upfront: I happen to believe that "scum claims healer, other scum verifies healer to give them town cred" is a sequence that they would, and are, trying to play.

Added question for Moat: Why'd you choose to heal Hats? Did you consider any of the other hurt players before landing on him?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Truth Quark posted:

Hey FL, did you heal or remove ailments from anyone D3?

If you believe he was NK'd, he couldn't.

quote:

Demoralized (cannot use any abilities, wears off at start of next day [after a full cycle]. This ailment cannot be healed through conventional means.)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I'm in great shape, and I can be extra effective in either row next battle. I probably dealt a small amount of damage to Nat20

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

King Burgundy posted:

If you believe he was NK'd, he couldn't.

Yes, but I wanted him to answer it :(

I was just trying to think of why scum would choose not to just finish Mona N2 (they knew he wasn't at full health), and the reverse on N3 (when FL probably wasn't topped off). It was a quick check of my theory.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Hey, that battle didn't go quite how I was expecting, but still, good work!

And we have proven, yet again, that Ma is WEAK, and Mexico will prevail!

Rest In Peace Monathin.

:zpatriot: :mexico: :cheers:

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Truth Quark posted:

Yes, but I wanted him to answer it :(

I was just trying to think of why scum would choose not to just finish Mona N2 (they knew he wasn't at full health), and the reverse on N3 (when FL probably wasn't topped off). It was a quick check of my theory.

FL was in battle.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
Oh. I assumed he wasn't since he was presumably still demoralized. Guess I need to learn to read.

Anyways, I'm going to assume based on the battle results that we probably didn't have scum in it, so I'm gonna take a look at the remaining players that were not in the battle and not confirmed healers.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Hal Incandenza posted:

I'm in great shape, and I can be extra effective in either row next battle. I probably dealt a small amount of damage to Nat20

Just out of curiosity, why attack Nat20 if you're good in either row and can hit Bif?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Truth Quark posted:

Oh. I assumed he wasn't since he was presumably still demoralized. Guess I need to learn to read.

Anyways, I'm going to assume based on the battle results that we probably didn't have scum in it, so I'm gonna take a look at the remaining players that were not in the battle and not confirmed healers.

If I didn't protect myself I could have died.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
KB you put FL in battle specifically so he couldn't be night killed didn't you you sly dog

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Just out of curiosity, why attack Nat20 if you're good in either row and can hit Bif?

I did not have the ability to effectively attack the back row from the front row

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

TMMadman posted:

I’m saying Moat, hat, and IS are scum together.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Ok, what up my fellow :ese:s

Murmur Twin posted:

Hats, can you talk me through the evolution of your opinion on Moat this game?

Moat, same question for Hats.

Yeah I wasn't a fan of him at first but a couple of things made me feel somewhat better

- the fact that he was into the same theory of scum in the back row like I was looking into. I don't think scum would draw attention to that if they didn't have to.
- the fact that he just up and admitted to being a vampire which seemed like a weird risk for scum
That coupled with the fact that I thought AA would flip scum (due to my :tinfoil: feelings) I felt it would be best if I healed him so he didn't have to vamp someone else.

Murmur Twin posted:

Added question for Moat: Why'd you choose to heal Hats? Did you consider any of the other hurt players before landing on him?

Read above but My main idea was to stop him from sucking on some peepa so I felt it would do the most good

King Burgundy posted:

I have a hypothetical question that I want you all to be thinking about.

Take a step back and just let it simmer.

If you were on the scum team in a soldiers game, wouldn't you want to get all the healers out at all costs, even if you had a healer on your team? That way the other sides battle damage would actually start to take it's toll, your NK's would start to work, etc.

Doesn't it seem weird to you that most of the thread is focused on our healers as being the scum? And we've now flipped one, who was not?

This is EXACTLY what I was saying and why I withheld my claim.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Murmur Twin posted:

So, like every healer?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Moatillata posted:

So, like every healer?

I don't think Hats is a healer :shh:

MMTs theory is also that you aren't a real healer. This is easily tested if you, you know, actually heal who you're supposed to today.

Did anyone get their day ability blocked D2 or D3?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Truth Quark posted:

I don't think Hats is a healer :shh:

MMTs theory is also that you aren't a real healer. This is easily tested if you, you know, actually heal who you're supposed to today.

Did anyone get their day ability blocked D2 or D3?

Needless shade, how it pains me

Is it a new day? Ah yes

##vote TQ

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
I prefer the term "deserved shade" but sure

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

IllegallySober posted:

Glad we won another one.

I'm not shocked that either MMT or Mona, if town, were the nightkill target, just to paint the target on my back a little stronger. That said, if you think I would be dumb enough as scum to kill one of the two of them, I don't know what to tell you.

At any rate, I'll have my full claim ready to go today because I expect I'll need it.

I'll be quiet until all battle reports, etc are in though.

Oh I meant to ask, why did you think MMT was a potential night kill target?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.
Also, I just noticed my "peeps" typo above and man, that's some good stuff.

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

Moatillata posted:

Also, I just noticed my "peeps" typo above and man, that's some good stuff.

What I'm trying to say Hats, is trust in jesus

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Murmur Twin posted:

I think that is a highly unlikely combination.

I've asked you this several times MMT, but how do you square a scum Hats claiming that he got damaged during the N2 battle before Cat claimed that she used a damage shield?

You keep ignoring that question and it's getting irritating.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Moatillata posted:

This is EXACTLY what I was saying and why I withheld my claim.

It still would have worked out if you paid attention to my posts about what unclaimed healers should be doing. ;)

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

King Burgundy posted:

It still would have worked out if you paid attention to my posts about what unclaimed healers should be doing. ;)

It's very tough sometimes I need to take more focusyn

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
KB, I have some ability explanation I could do to clear the discussion up a little, but it would potentially hamper my combat effectiveness a bit. Do you want me to go ahead, or keep it to myself?

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Truth Quark posted:

Oh I meant to ask, why did you think MMT was a potential night kill target?

Because the two of them were the two most suspicious of me.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

The Lord of Hats posted:

KB, I have some ability explanation I could do to clear the discussion up a little, but it would potentially hamper my combat effectiveness a bit. Do you want me to go ahead, or keep it to myself?

Keep it to yourself. :)

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Scum removing either of them from the equation would seem to implicate me pretty heavily on the surface.

However, like I said earlier, it would be incredibly stupid of me as scum to kill either of them at this juncture.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
List of players who were not in the battle and are also not confirmed healers:

chaoslord
Gamer
GeneX
Moat*
OMGVBFLOL
SaltheBard
TQ**

*Moat healed Hats but hasn't healed any target requested by KB so I'm leaving him here for now
**I also left myself in here so people referencing this list can see the full thing

I think its a safe bet that we have at least one, possibly two scum in this list of players.

I'm going to read these players either tonight or tomorrow and see what I find.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

Truth Quark posted:

chaoslord
Gamer
GeneX
Moat*
OMGVBFLOL
SaltheBard
TQ**
MMT

*Moat healed Hats but hasn't healed any target requested by KB so I'm leaving him here for now
**I also left myself in here so people referencing this list can see the full thing

I think its a safe bet that we have at least one, possibly two scum in this list of players.

Mafia edit: forgot about MMT

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

chaoslord posted:

##vote quidnose

If you want some light bussing, oh boy have I got some light bussing for you. chaoslord was on Quid for most of D1

chaoslord posted:

Quids vote was absolutely terrible, are you kidding me with this?

chaoslord posted:

Let me quote the vote

Why in the world would anyone need to “comment on [their] absence” in a game that is four hours old? It’s a Friday night on a holiday weekend and someone made one post that answers the confirmed town questions and Quid drops that vote.

Meanwhile, Keane didn’t post for an additional 24 hours, did not explain his even further absence, and only answered KBs questions and that’s it.

It was an astoundingly bad vote and I have no idea how anyone can go “hm yes I think criticizing someone for making a single post on a Friday night is a good vote”

This just seems like a very strong opinion on a D1 vote that was made barely out of joke phase. GeneX actually made a post in response to chaos' quid vote that I agreed with at the time. But then we get this:

chaoslord posted:

3) Quid. I have a strong gut read on Quid, and I like to think I can read him pretty well. Obviously gut is not full proof or anything, but the last time or two I felt this strong about Quid's posting I was right.

I find it odd that Quid is suddenly chaoslord's third scum pick, especially with how strong his opinion supposedly was. MMT is number 2, who was going after chaoslord at the time, and Slaan of all people was his number one scum pick over Quidnose. Then on D2:

chaoslord posted:

Finally finished reading. W/R/T my read on quidnose, I felt vindicated that I was right when he came back and forgot about something he had said very recently and then got really into it with Tobbs when Tobbs was pretty clear about his views. Forgetting what you said that quickly is a sign of being either uninvested or not caring about what you say, and while I know Quid said he was having some family things going on, his post count makes it hard to argue he was uninvested. Got 'im!

But then he put his hand up and said "You know what? I'm wrong." That's not what Squidnose does and, yes, he could be playing against his meta here, but I don't find that likely. Add in a successful battle all around and I'm comfortable with quid right now.

MMT's case on me is bad but it's gonna take a lot of words and I'm eating breakfast and I'm starting Omega/Jericho right now so it'll be a bit before I get to it.

D2 begins, chaoslord drops his suspicion of Quid. This post is before TMM starts casing Quidnose that day. If people think *I* was supposedly light bussing Quid, how about someone who actually reversed his opinion of a flipped scum player D2?

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS
The rest of chaoslord's posting, light as it is, seems to be mostly tunneling on MMT (who has been casing him off and on) and some relatively inane posts related to Moat's claim. It doesn't look like a player who is actively engaged in hunting scum to me.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Truth Quark posted:

chaoslord
Gamer
GeneX
Moat*
OMGVBFLOL
SaltheBard
TQ**

I have a Shine based heal

Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Hello. How much do you want me to claim? Something succeeded, something failed, and I'm hunky dory. I'm afraid that I can't do what I did if I let on too much, but I can claim more.

Truth Quark
Mar 21, 2010

EAT THE DONUTS

SalTheBard posted:

I have a Shine based heal

I am only excluding healers that have a verified heal per KB's post on it (IS/FL/Slaan).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Truth Quark posted:

I am only excluding healers that have a verified heal per KB's post on it (IS/FL/Slaan).

I'm just letting you know since my name is on your list :)

• Locked thread