Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

WHAT AM I GONNA DO WITH ALL THIS DYNAMITE????

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

A, A, B but A is fine too

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

TNL just almost got beat up because of this game, but he was instead tactful.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

TMMadman posted:

##vote Kashuno

Look at this scum, he can't even answer the question properly.

Agreed. Time to turbo.

##vote kashuno

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Dynamite is both excellent and terrible everywhere.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

let's lynch someone asap so I can blow someone up.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Slaan posted:

Sure, sounds good

##vote bread

## vote slaan

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Omg if someone has a dayvig get me right now. I want to see what happens to all this dynamite if I get blastered.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Ahh,

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Outrage, anger, metagaminh people I don't know!

This will be fun.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Kashuno is probably scum, just sayin.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Kashuno posted:

Ya know what? I was going to seriously insult your intelligence but I think I will turn over a new leaf and instead ask what in my posting makes me appear as scum to you, friend bread?

You remind me of a guy who moves to Japan to watch anime.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

It's mostly because I agreed with you until your tone made me think a thing. Not ready to vote yet, but it's where my gut is pointing right now.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Things got serious so ## unvote

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

I appreciate where you are coming from, pay me no mind I'm not going to give you what you want yet.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Trust the bread, it knows things. It acts with spontaneity, wisdom, and exists in a state unlike any other.

If I choose to vote you, there will be a real case, if I choose not to, I will come to your aid.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Kashuno posted:

Hmm bread I think you are bad town

There it is.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Kashuno posted:

I
D o n t
G e t
I t

Why would you say you think I'm town. The bad qualifier is irrelevant.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Kashuno posted:

Nah the bad qualifier is important duder

I think you are being weird and dumb bad but because of it I think you’re just Town who is not smart

Calling me bad just means you don't know who I am.

Calling me town means you have a reason to think I'm not scum. What is it?

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

That's rather naive of you.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Kashuno posted:

You are arguing against me finding you Town ???

Yes, because I am frankly quite scummy if you read my post history.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Kashuno posted:

Omg you should die just so you can shut up with this stuff

This is exactly the kind of thing people say before I solve an entire game.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

CCKeane posted:

Kash's response to fiddy is weirdly defensive.

That said, I don't think Kash is scum right now.

This is basically where I'm at. He gave me the scummy response, but for some reason I'm not digging.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

## vote kash

This is probably the best thing for me to do today.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Big talk, let's see how it plays out.

Very self-conscious, but also true.

^This is with regard to Kash.

And where's the case? There's a tiny bit of interest in Kash as a lynch target per MMT, but this drive-by vote easily falsifies his earlier statement about not voting without making a case.

##vote bread

I'm inconsistent. Gut tells me my vote might be wrong, but I like the reasoning behind it. MMT kinda laid out what I was saying, but also has further reasons for his vote. I decided I'm going to back him up on this.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Quidthulhu posted:

I'm not surprised at that leap in logic since you're calling every single person who dares to disagree with you scummy rn :allears:

Except me, which is weird.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

CCKeane posted:

Yo fiddy why'd you change your mind on Kash?

It’s less of a changed mind and more of me ignoring my gut. I kinda wanted to support MMT because she saw the thing I was doing and expanded on it. Not sure what I want to do at this point.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

The Lord of Hats posted:

It's mostly the same as Tobbs said earlier, but this is a fair point. To put the legwork in:

Jumping past the obvious jokeposts, the first thing to really jump at me was how Bread went in on Kashuno:

And then when Kashuno says "Hey, if you're going to say there's something there, tell us what that thing is", we get:

Besides the fact that there's obviously no real case being made, this feels like Bread's trying to rile up Kashuno to more or less be a human smokescreen and vacuum up all the D1 attention. Kashuno does say that he's got a bad habit of getting angry at Mafia, and while I don't know if Bread knew that beforehand, it seems like a play that would fit into the scum toolkit pretty neatly. Basically everything is just him needling Kash from every angle available, and when he drops his vote:

There's still no case that he's making, and when called on it by Tobbs, he just says "Eh, my case was the same as MMT's"

It doesn't feel like a sincere vote at all.

The case is the fact that he called me a townie as if he knew my alignment. The vote is sincere, but not passionate.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

This is a lot of signal for a day 1, I'm not really sure about what to do, but I'd vote for hats.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

King Burgundy posted:

Gun to your head, who are your top 3 scum? Hats and?

Quid, and Kash.

Keane is pinging my gut, but not for any particular reason.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

## vote hats

I think his case on me was opportunistic. There was a legitimate case on me that I would have respected, but this felt like a peel to me.

Not sure if it was a peel off a townie in order to establish knighthood, or a peel off a scumbuddy.

A kash lynch would be good for me too, I don't like anyone calling me townie on day 1, it runs contrary to my approach to mafia, and it always reads to me as them having hidden info.

The way hats peeled with his case for me makes me a bit extra wary.

My gut isn't a huge fan of the kash lynch though even though my brain says do it.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Kashuno posted:

You still haven't really given a good reason for thinking I'm scum other than

which is...nonsense considering I said that I *think* you're town

You act as though the qualifier insulates you from suspicion. It doesnt.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

The Lord of Hats posted:

##vote Pmush

Phoneposting so I can't really multiquote without it taking forever, but KB, I'll try to do better (though I'm really not much of a D1 poster or high-volume poster in general), and Tobbs while I agree with your general point, you went way too deep down the speculation hole at the end.

It doesn't mean you can't be suspicious of him, but when your entire stated case is "he was way too confident that I'm town", when his actual post was nowhere as definitive ad you make it out to be, it makes the whole thing look like scummy garbage.

When I spend the majority of D1 actively lurking and a dude calls me a townie it leaves me thinking, "wtf, why would you say that?" His reasoning for thinking I am probably town was mash up of WIFOM bullshit.

You trying to call me scum for taking a Cartesian approach to D1 as opposed to the actual scummy thing I did is the scummiest thing in the game from my perspective. This obviously stems from the philosophy of "I town therefore I am."

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Kashuno posted:

Thinking you are town is not equal to calling you town as if I knew your alignment and it's weird you're trying to paint it like it is.

It absolutely is! you have literally no basis for that sort of assumption. It would be crazy for anybody to have had a town read on me at that point.

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

In part because if I were scum in the Texas thread I would be reading every single one of KB's posts, rather than asking him to paste them into a scumdoc.

Scumdoc would be better as posts are hidden secrets there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

50 pounds of bread
Sep 27, 2006

TMMadman posted:

Why do people think the kings can talk to the scum doc for the other thread?

I've been scum in a soldiers game and we didn't have that ability.

It was a night ability the kings had when I originally created the format, but the format has since evolved from other clever mods adding to my original vision.

• Locked thread