Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Checking in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
okay i had a good weekend and now i'm here and catching up. i'll try and break posts up so they're not one big ugly megapost and then i'll check in afterwards too.

The Lord of Hats posted:

I know we've all got a lot of D1 shitposting to do, but there's just a couple of things I'd like to bring up early:

i don't think this is indicative of alignment but it was well timed advice

GeneX posted:

A bunch of the questions give too much info to the other side if collected and used for targeting purposes [...]

this was a good post and I give it much more weight than the changing-answers-to-questions thing that came up shortly afterwards

also the spreadsheets felt solid to me

effort elsewhere in the thread (so far, to my reading) is fine, although i disagree with some of his stuff (as of page 4) it feels like it's coming from a genuine place

tentative early town read

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, I'm trying to hang back a bit at first so I don't overwhelm the thread with my usual posting.

But I'm down with theft. And I'm fine with some of the information being asked for as a starting point, with some editing. I'll need that at a minimum to make good choices.

1) B - I feel I would be useful.
2) Also B.
3) I'm flexible here.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I don't like Quid's early play and votes. By page 5 or so it felt better, but early - especially jumping on AA when there were still people like, you know, me around felt pretty weirdly opportunistic.

gotg's dayvig post was weird and kinda came out of nowhere, not sure if it was "pretending badly to read the thread" or "reading the wrong thread" and either way it feels bad

subsequent posts weren't great either but willing to let this sit for now because as I recall I had him read wrong most of the last soldiers game too

I agree with Kash's points on p5 re: scum preferring a specific rank speculation.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

If scum wanting to be in the back was a major takeaway from that game (which seems to be the consensus) then Pod has almost certainly made town roles that really want to be in the back ranks.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

By the same logic, we also probably want to stay away from thinking players are more townie for wanting to be in the front row.

I don't like these posts, it feels like extending an attempt to extend an argument that had started to wind down

not edit: i paged down slightly and yeah i basically agree with what keane said. actually, at this point, i feel quite good about keane

i also paged down further and tobbs "tank claim"... yeah, i don't like it. kash was dead on with his response and tobbs accusation of rolefishing was ?????. some good explanations as to why the tank claim was bad so i'll leave that one alone further, but what gets me is the reflexive "i got called out and so will immediately throw shade on the person doing so" thing that tobbs did. it feels wayyyyy too defensive and that ultimately tilts the balance (so far, anyway) to "would vote" for me.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Slaan posted:

Tobbs is probably town. All I'm seeing is a ton of people meta-gaming based on previous games, even though Podima has explicitly said he has changed things up so meta-gaming the thread won't work. Meta-gamers are probably the scum, tbh. They get wrong information put into the thread, while seeming helpful but taking out guys that are actually trying to work out the rules of this thread

##vote Kashuno

this is real bad and I think tq made a good early case on slaan also

reading this exchange between tq and slaan really makes me want to ##vote slaan, actually, i'll see if something else comes up but this feels like the right place rn

SalTheBard posted:

I'm sorry I haven't posted much, week 52 is the busiest week of the year for my job. There is a 110 posts for me to read more in depth. Also just going off of what I've skimmed this callout is really scummy.

see this is all very strange to me because i'm not sure how he was able to see this and also not see the previous posts. this post definitely makes me feel uncomfortable

reading the thing between 50# and kash just feels like a slapfight though i have much less of an opinion on 50's alignment than I do on kash's

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
so i just caught up to pmush's claim and what gets me here is that she was reading the thread enough to follow the case against Kash that MMT was putting together, so clearly had been paying attention to the last few pages, but missed KB saying "don't share role info"? feels inconsistent

Kashuno posted:

Quid is scum

i disagree with this at this point in the thread and i can see further down on the page that part of that was him tilting which is how i was reading it at the time.

Truth Quark posted:

I dunno what I think about MMT as a result of it. She's using a pretty pedantic point in my opinion to push this case but I don't know if its a scum push or just town latching onto whatever they can D1.

since it was brought up, i will comment and say that I think it was a fair callout to make and her pushing on the point felt genuine after kash didn't address it directly

almost caught up! current reads are slaan, pmush, tobbs, sal

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Flying Leatherman: possibly needs to be subbed out?
Hey FL, wtf? One post in four days? Did you forget you were in this game? https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3844978&userid=157714

i know, right? this guy needs to step it up yeesh

(seriously, it was a crazy weekend and i haven't been at my computer much at all, i'm fixing it now :sun:)

just got to another gotg post that pinged me a little bit. I know I have misread them in the past so I'm trying to give benefit of the doubt here but talking about a chain execute is bad

reading these quid posts and i disagree with the people calling him scum rn. i don't really have a meta read on him but he's definitely reading as more irritated than willfully dishonest to me. I think he's wrong on Kash, though.

Monathin posted:

There's a couple of other individuals Kid feels might be worth looking into, if the rest of the camp thinks it, but we're rapidly running out of time.
man, just tell me about your reads if you've got reads!

King Burgundy posted:

We have some people who have already basically done the above, but if you haven't recently listed your top 3 or so scum, I'd definitely like to see it. Don't necessarily limit yourself to the current leaders for this particular exercise.

mmm i think I pretty much got this done above but in general:

slaan's initial vote on Kash was incoherent and he's been conflicting with himself all game. his mechanical arguments felt like an attempt to get more people to claim, but then he immediately backed off of that too as soon as he was called out for rolefishing. in general he's been wishy washy and inconsistent, contradicting himself and putting out frankly weird votes. there've been good cases made on him, notably tq's case that (I think?) I previously referenced. actually I just got to his post right above mine and that really pings me too - his "top 3 scum reads" are all wishy-washy "could be maybe scum" calls. he's playing super noncommittally and that feels bad to me. i'm going to leave my vote where it is here

Pmush somehow was reading the thread closely enough to have opinions on recent events, but also somehow missed the big posts from KB saying not to claim role stuff and apparently also all the discussion we had previously about not claiming role stuff. it feels inconsistent.

Gonna also put Gamer up here. I've said a couple times already that I have read his posts as scummy and am trying to give him the benefit of the doubt due to my consistent misreads w/r/t him but there's just too much. It's an aggregate thing. He's further down my list than the other two players but I think there might be a case to be made there and I might try and flesh that out some more D2.

Honorable mentions to Sal, who showed up when called out to say "hey I can't post and I'm busy", but there isn't really enough else there for me to have a super solid "probably scum" read yet; and Tobbs, who has dropped down this list with his more recent posts - especially like that he stuck around and kept posting on other topics pretty actively. I feel like pressured scum would have been more likely to kinda fade out into the background and not post for a while.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Slaan posted:

My other posts calling for people to give out their ability info is doing no such thing. Go back and re-read them.

I just went back and double checked this and i'm not seeing it in context. These posts are in response to "does Tobbs's roleclaim help town and how", and there's no clarification of "only presenting scenarios" or "now's a bad time to do this" until TQ calls you on it.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
so I wanted to elaborate a little bit on why I'm suspicious of GOTG, I touched on it a little bit in "posts that ping me" when I was catching up but I want to actually go back and talk about some specific things

Gamerofthegame posted:

are we four pages in and trying to decide who to dayvig based on jokephase

i find the dayvig jump weird, as one might expect. here's the justification but, real talk, there was not even an implication of dayvig anywhere, and content games like this are pretty common in the context of Mafia games especially when kickstarting the game out of jokephase. Seems weird that the leap is to "dayvig" and not "content game" given that. Gonna leave it at "weird" for now but with everything else it's just another thing on the pile.

Gamerofthegame posted:

I feel like tobbs is doing this weird kind of disinformation thing, like

all feel like less then genuine observations to feel pro-town in the beginning
so this is a post that's called back to later when GOTG says "I was the first one to case Tobbs!" and that's all well and good but the problem that I have here is that it's just "these don't feel genuine!" and there's no explanation as to why they don't feel genuine, and then it's just never revisited in the future. Given that, this isn't really a case, it's just meaningless shade. Like, what makes these posts not genuine? This is never explained later, so it makes GOTG's future post regarding this a lot flimsier. In his defense, he's consistent with regards to his Tobbs read, but it just feels like there isn't a lot of meat on this bone as presented. Since this post constitutes, as far as I can tell, much of the basis for his suspicions in the first place, this presents a bit of a problem.

This is actually the core point around which most of my suspicion revolves, after thinking about it. Like, he says a few times in the early going - and also later on - that "Tobbs's posts are weird and bad!" but never explains why they are weird and bad. He even admits later on to not being able to walk KB through his suspicion, but he "think[ s ] Tobbs is weird all around". Why? Where's the justification for this? He's pointed to nothing at this point to indicate why he finds it weird.

It is not until much later that he actually has a coherent argument against something that Tobbs actually says, and the post he picks comes a lot later than where he starts talking about having problems with Tobbs in the first place. Like, he's talking about "Tobbs's posting is weird!" right out of the gate, but it's not until after the tank claim happens that he picks out something to start actually pulling specific examples from.

Gamerofthegame posted:

which fits into my incredible and accurate prediction of if tobbs is scum then the scum team is the people explicitly not posting about his weird posts

vote tobbs and he flips scum, we vote you

punk.
advocating for chain execute, as noted in my previous post, bad.

Gamerofthegame posted:

i find the cases on pmush who basically said she's stuck on a phone and appears to be having trouble reading the thread Weird too, mostly because it seems like an easy mark to do

I've explained why I find this line of argument to not be credible - the rest of PMush's post reads like she was able to follow the thread enough to comment on active lines of debate, so why would the post from KB about not posting role info and the surrounding discussion just get skipped over? The leap to defend Pmush here feels really off.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
that's, uh, very unexpected, yeah

CCKeane posted:

I mean, as a counterpoint, gently caress it, attack her a lot?

i was honestly kinda thinking about this too but there's gotta be a reason she went in today especially as a frontliner, right?

i know the rules said this would subvert any conclusions we tried to draw from other soldiers games but this feels almost like a bridge too far

gonna wifom myself into a poor night's sleep tonight

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

CCKeane posted:

Let me put it this way: If this was Day 7 and not day 1, this wouldn't be a conversation we'd be having.

I don't think we should WIFOM too much here.

And, although I've been big on "KB is just a confirmed town player", this is probably an area where we should listen to him.

this is fair

100% agreed on your second point for sure though

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Just caught up. Here are some hot takes:

MMT's cases feel a little off to me. Chaoslord did a good job of tearing down the case against him.

Kash, I don't really understand your case on TQ. Could you ELI5 for me?

So far gamer's posts aren't making me warm up to him much. I actually efforted yesterday and explained why I had a problem with his posting but that didn't really seem to get any traction, I just am not seeing how that's changed much yet today.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Kashuno posted:

Sidenote: Be wary of claimed NK targets and whatnot. Last soldier game we played without an NK that was actual kill the scum team regularly considered (and I think actually did?) target teammates for town cred.

Heavy setup spec, but this was a big point of discussion in Qal postgame and I doubt it would have gone unchanged after scum frustration there.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

King Burgundy posted:

If we have other healers, I'm fine with exposing you now. I've decided I need to know what I'm working with. Let me know.

I can heal a moderate amt of damage or help remove debuffs.

Apologies if this is more than what you were looking for but I think it's meaningful in the context of fixing our injured.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Peck's catch on Sal's reads evolving during night phase is an interesting one. I went back and explored Sal's filter a bit more and he seems really self conscious about being a low volume poster. I get why, work is a bear, but there are still some things that I want to cover here, building on my notes from late D1.

SalTheBard posted:

Agree with you 100%

This is an enormously self conscious/preemptively defensive post, to my reading. Kash making that argument makes sense, but coming in and me-tooing it as a low volume poster reads weird to me.

SalTheBard posted:

Both Pmush and 50 flipped town which means my reads are off this game.

This is the big thing that caught my attention. If you look back at Sal's posts, at no point does he actually claim to be suspicious of PMush. Here's his post on PMush:

SalTheBard posted:

This is my first soldier game. The additional layer of the battle is making it hard to wrap my head around what I should be looking for in terms of trying to figure out who is scum and who isn't. I'm glad the thread is active but for the life of me I'm having trouble following the flow. The way I take it is that Pmush talked about his ability, asks to be put in back row, thats seen as scummy because scum players are able to damage players on their own team, and damage the other lines front rank but not back rank where the other sides mafia players would ostensibly try to be located at. We have some people who think that it's scummy to request to be in battles and to be in back rank, we have some that don't care. My question is this being a soldier game isn't it proper to want to be involved in battles or am I off base there?

Simply asking questions about soldiers mechanics, not categorizing her as scum.

And then there's this:

SalTheBard posted:

First PMush, I would like to apologize for misgendering you in my post. I tend to use Him to describe everyone I interact with online and it's something I need to work on. As far as my 3 scum picks

Gamerofthegame - This one might be personal because they called me out. After reviewing their post history everything up to them calling me out is light hearted and fun. Mostly joke phase stuff that I would expect to see, but then votes Tobbs with a really weak case.

Hal Incandenza - Usually I I think Lurkers tend to be town because (and I've never been scum so I wouldn't know) I feel like scum players will hold the other scum players feet to the fire to get them to post more. HOWEVER Hal has fewer posts than I do, no call out from GOTG which is interesting.

The thing that makes me feel that my read is off is that historically I have been terrible at reading players. Pretty much anyone thats played with me knows that I am not a tactical mastermind.

This post is super noncommittal re: "give me scum reads". Instead of 3, he provides 2 (GOTG and Hal), neither of which he categorized later (see above) as one of his top scum picks.

This is too much inconsistency for me and I'm comfortable ##vote SalTheBard today.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Gamer while you're here can you elaborate on what, exactly, pinged you about Tobbs's posting D1? As far as I could tell you never explained specifically what drew your attention and I would like you to expand, even if you've downgraded him to "iffy" at this point

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Your Personal Muse posted:

That switch to Sal puts Gamer on my poo poo list. He's just trying to find someone to latch on to.

You're not wrong that that vote felt pretty opportunistic

I'm still trying to decide whether I like his answer to me re: Tobbs suspicion or not, but don't like that the question/my initial case was entirely ignored D1 when he was definitely reading the thread and posting after I made the case.

either way I'd vote him today, there's enough else there as I've previously discussed

Murmur Twin posted:

Like if people want to accuse me of being scum and start casing me, go for it, but I feel like I'm running into the same brick wall I did in FF6 and I'm honestly not sure how to proceed.
to be clear I'm not interested in voting you rn, I'm just saying that I don't agree with the cases you've made so far.

SalTheBard posted:

I'm just going to be 100 here. I shouldn't have signed up for this game. 25 players with lots of abilities and roles is something I should've taken into consideration. I feel like everytime I check this thread there are 80 new posts with a lot of back and forths. I'm honestly trying to contribute here. I was able to be aggressive and post more in Mini's game because it was small, all vanilla roles (even though we didn't know that). Look at the DBZ game for how I operated during a big, role crazy game. That being said I'm town, please don't lynch me.
I understand what's being communicated here, but still think there's value to my case re: inconsistency, not just inactivity, and would stand by it despite YPM's note about gotg's quick vote switch.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
...yeah, this is very compelling

I'll still read both Quid and Kash tomorrow - it's late here atm - but given the case already made against Quid I think that'll end up being more or less a formality

still have plenty of time so I'm going to chill on voting until tomorrow sometime probably

##unvote for now

re: sal:

SalTheBard posted:

My biggest mistake was not re-reading my own posts to make sure that my message was consistent.

i think this crossed the line into me being unable to believe that a scum player would ever actually post this in the thread

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

King Burgundy posted:

Ok folks, this could still change later, but consider this the healing assignments for now if you want to enter them into your sheets.

AA and Gene and IS heal Monathin
Sal heal Kash
Slaan heal Tobbs
FL heal TMM

I may also do some other stuff in the background to help out.

Please acknowledge this when you see it so I know it's handled.

All set.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Rereading Kash, my major takeaways were basically that getting tilted D1 read as genuine to me when that happened. Some stuff is a little white noisy, but part of that is, I think, attributable to the way he posts. I'm not going to go post by post because at the end of the day he's reading more town to me. The battle stuff - of which there's a lot, there was quite a bit of discussion of that d1 - is alignment neutral, imo, but I feel his opinions on players are coming from a genuine place. I disagree with his TQ notes, but I think that was covered at the time by a couple other players

The AA case is decent as well, but I have a question, Kash -- what do you think differentiates AA from Sal in this game (other than relative newness to Mafia)? I'm certainly not disagreeing with where you're coming from on this read, just curious where you see them as differing (both low-content, both very inconsistent reads).

pedit: oh goodness there's a texas state constitution here now

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

King Burgundy posted:

QUIDTHULHU, SUPER SCUMTACULAR SPAMMER, HAS DIED D2

---

Who is next amigos? What does his flip tell us?
I was null on Keane but want to go back and re-read his stuff around not giving a read on Quid. I want to say that scum wouldn't be that obviously intransigent, but crazier stuff has happened, right?

On that note, want to check back in with MMT. I know you said you were reassessing; how do you feel about Keane after taking a step back and seeing his posting today?

I also still think there's value to pursuing the Gamer lead and will probably circle back on that tomorrow or D3 to see what's changed.

I do find Kash's AA case compelling and probably worthy of a follow up discussion as well.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
hey, it's late so i probably won't be back till tomorrow but it looks like i probably got smacked with the nightkill judging from past descriptions

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Monathin posted:

Kid wants to know how you're holdin' up, Leatherman. Be as specific as you're allowed to be.

Demoralized and wounded. Not great.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
Last couple days have been super hectic so I'm just catching up to the thread now. I apologize this is so close to deadline; will do my best to contribute before the thread closes, although I think getting past the lurker post threshold is likely a lost cause. Before I get started, and because it was something I was waiting on: Kash, based on your filter you never revisited differences between AA and Sal. I'm unclear if there have been further developments but at the time I originally asked / you flagged it to revisit, what differentiated the two in your head?

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Murmur Twin posted:

I’m probably biased from Qal but I feel like if a healer is tangibly working to nullify damage from the other team, their actions speak town louder than their words.

I do disagree with this from a meta perspective. There were certainly scum-aligned healers in Qal soldiers.

The mod post thing around AA shouldn't clear him; it's quite possible he wasn't lying about efficacy but was lying about who he targeted. Like, it's not a "both or neither" thing. I won't go any further into mod-post spec than that.

Slaan's case on YPM makes me feel better about him. It doesn't feel dishonest.

Hal Incandenza posted:

I still don't see why gamers content is so terrible!

Keeping in mind that I'm not through D3 yet, I made some posts yesterday and the day before around him and maybe that will help? He hasn't posted much up to the point where I've read so that read hasn't shifted although I'll be rereading flipped scum ASAP and it may take a backseat to stuff there.

Just got to AA's full claim and I think a) the abilities are believable, b) the abilities are not indicative of alignment, and c) the secretiveness around his last ability spooks me when our thread leader requested a fullclaim.

The quick move off of AA by MMT after a "believable fullclaim" is something that I do not like. Yes, the claim itself feels believable, but see above for why that doesn't really matter. Combined with "healers healing is a town action in soldiers" off a Qal meta read that doesn't match what happened in Qal this rings a quiet alarm bell for me and if AA or MMT flips scum it would make me more closely examine the remaining player of the two.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

I got a bonus to my occult based abilities if I healed during the day, but I don't think that happened since my heal failed.

I don't like the evolving claim but I believed the abilities so I guess I'll buy this too. It still seems scummy to see this come out after the fact.

Murmur Twin posted:

I didn't think Quid was scum until TMM made his case, I'll admit it.

It was even a little later - here's some gentle pushback after TMM posted. Pretend I added this to a tentative "D3-only MMT read" post if I were reading things by player instead of just straight through the thread.

Murmur Twin posted:

I’m probably biased from Qal but I feel like if a healer is tangibly working to nullify damage from the other team, their actions speak town louder than their words.

Murmur Twin posted:

Full disclosure - it's messing me up a little bit that IS seems to have healed Monathin but I don't know that it necessarily invalidates the fact that IS seems to be trying to fly under the radar.
(and a bonus preview edit:)

Murmur Twin posted:

If anything, I can visualize Moat as a scum healer.

:thinking:

I see tobbs caught the same timeline discrepancy I did.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
The talk around Hats is pushing me to reread them. I'll try to do it before deadline. This is just a flag to make sure I remember to do it.

I think the TQ case is a stretch (fake edit: their slapfight with YPM does not change this opinion)

Mona and Moat are the posters I picked out of the PMush lynch.

So this jumped out at me and I went and filtered and saw the case on Mona. I didn't see anything on Moat, it does not seem to have been revisited. YPM can you elaborate on your Moat read here?

The Lord of Hats posted:

Since KB mentioned healing, I'm going to put this out there now, so it's not muddying the waters later--I do have some damage on me, and I'm going to use a day ability to heal back to full. But somebody is going to have to take a (very small) bit of damage for it to go off (and I *do* heal for quite a bit more than I deal, fwiw). If someone wants to volunteer, go ahead, otherwise I'll be targeting whoever seems likely to get lynched.

KB highlighted this post and that is an interesting ability. Hats do you know if your damage goes off before or after any heals on your target? I'm a little curious because the ability is a little off the wall.

Murmur Twin posted:

To FL

(a) I meant theoretically, like if someone has days in a row of nullifying the NK (specifically like me in Qal)
(b) I specifically pointed that out because IS healing was the only thing stopping me from slamming down a vote, but I thought the case was worth making because he seemed scummy. Did you read the case or just that sentence?
(c) I think Moat is a scum healer because why else would a healer decide not to claim against the wishes of the town leader?

pedit:
a) TMM (and, as Hats noted, Opop in the other thread) was consistently healing in Qal so I think this kinda refutes that point a bit.
b) I read the case, yeah. What gets me is not the case, though - it's
c) that these conclusions are pretty much flying in the face of your stance at the beginning of the day and the rationale you used to soften on AA before unvoting after an alignment-neutral fullclaim.

I haven't gotten to what actually happened w/r/t Moat's healing claim yet, I think, so I'll withhold judgment on the circumstances surrounding that rn, but certainly per these recent posts the whole "team player" thing is a fair enough point. I'll address it further when it comes up - think I caught some of it on preview so that'll be later. As far as from a general soldiers meta standpoint, though, I do agree that we should be paying attention to the leader regardless of our roles.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Moatillata posted:

Yeah, I'd rather not say, I didn't know tobbs got something, I just thought he noticed something I did but I guess I was wrong so yeah

this is a stretch to believe and if this is the slip that has a bunch of people voting him this seems realistic. Went ahead and filtered up to the claim and tbqh I don't find the ability claims super believable (2 heals for day actions? Questionable flavor? I guess this is possible but it doesn't read as likely to me based on the information we have so far) and would join the votes here today.

Just got to YPM's post on Mona. I'm discounting the "fakeclaimed nightkill" stuff for now but their content is shaky, yeah. The case does gloss over the walk-back re: Demoralized debuff a bit which weakens it to me. Throw him in the column with the two or three other people I've been frustrated with/suspicious of for shaky content for now.

this is a lot of words for a hedgey read

Murmur Twin posted:

I don’t believe this is a town thought process - IS is basically saying that on d3 (after quids flip) that a very inconsequential post about 0HP made IS question his opinion on TMM.

##vote IS
I think this bolsters the case she made earlier. It does read as weird that "0 HP" was the post that triggered a full reread of the guy who basically singlehandedly outed Quid as scum. Maybe my brain works differently but it doesn't raise questions to my mind.

IllegallySober posted:

So I should just chalk anyone up who was involved in flipping a scum as 100% town and never question any post they make thereafter that I find strange?

I'm not taking anyone involved in this game besides KB as 100% town, including you. Maybe especially you after that move.

##vote MMT

"omg, u s"

after further posting that reads like a massive defensive overreaction from IS, i do not believe that MMT and IS are both scum

Kashuno posted:

here is my lumpen list, then I'm out for a while. I will check back in before deadline.

am i really flying under the radar that much? i like to think i'm at least making substantive posts when I do post :negative:

everyone else at the time said anything i could hope to say about this but I'm still highlighting it because :psyduck:

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Kashuno posted:

Let's play a quick game.

IllegallySober, Scum aligned healbot, was killed

Who's scum now

this is maybe off the wall but I'm going with Slaan, he makes a scumread D1 and then backs off of it with "eh I reread him and there weren't alarm bells". given the pressure D1 and that this took place after KB asked for votes to consolidate, i feel this could have been bussing. slaan makes a town case on IS that I think has some flaws (mischaracterizing IS's read on Pmush, for one).

Flying Leatherman posted:

The talk around Hats is pushing me to reread them. I'll try to do it before deadline. This is just a flag to make sure I remember to do it.

given time constraints this won't happen until tonight at least but I definitely still want to do it.

The Lord of Hats posted:

Regarding timing, I actually asked Podima about this, and it all happens simultaneously. So if, say, someone was at full, and I damaged them, and they were healed, they would still be at full. If they were at 1 HP and damaged and healed for the same amount, they would stay alive at 1 hp.
ok neat, so this is something we could theoretically exploit assuming you're not lying

disclaimer: i'm not trying to imply i disbelieve this right now

Yeah I’m a Moat vote. MMT matches up with what I picked up during my read through.

For the record, FL, the nightkill explanation is not supposed to be a reason Mona is scum. It’s more of a preemptive argument against the nk defense.
For sure. I can see how that wasn't clear, what I was trying to communicate is that I'm completely ignoring it in favor of paying attention to the content argument.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Wait why would the case be weakened by me not mentioning something he did? Just because I didn't mention it doesn't mean that it didn't happen or it isn't scummy. And it was part of my analysis of whether he got the nightkill or not.

I think it's important to note that the post was "I'm ok to go in but the demoralize might be an issue", essentially. It reads to me as a misreading/misunderstanding of the debuff and not as a scum move. That, to me, reads as mitigating the inconsistency.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Truth Quark posted:

We have an hour left, I don't think swinging the vote to AA is feasible with how many people just aren't here.

I do agree that the phrasing he used to describe indomitable will is weird, but most of what AA did up to and including his claim is weird.

Not wrong, but it'd still be nice to have some clarification

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

I thought you meant that because I, the case writer, failed to address the walk back that it meant Mona was less likely to be scum

Oh, yeah, no, definitely not. I just think it's a mitigating factor.

TMMadman posted:

Does anyone else have Indomitable Will? Can they clarify?

Indomitable Will is pretty clear about it conferring immunity during the battle

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
##vote AA, here until deadline if this doesn't work out.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

You had a super hard scum read on AA this morning. I find this a little odd.
She backed off fast though

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Truth Quark posted:

Hey FL, did you heal or remove ailments from anyone D3?

This got answered, but yeah, demoralize.

AA's flip makes me feel better about MMT being town. One of the things that I thought i saw yesterday was a spookily fast back-off on AA after their claim. I don't think scum would do that for a town player.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe
I received a heal that matches TQ's description of a "small" heal - I'm still wounded. I cannot self heal, but my heal is available today to whoever KB tells me needs it.

re: MMT's casing: Even with the new info we have on Hats, I think there's still merit to a Moat vote today; and I think IS's reactions yesterday are questionable independent of either the Moat or the Hats case. I've pointed out some stuff in past posts, but I can expand on this as well.

gamer is still pinging me, and his complete lack of investment on the vote yesterday - providing completely contextless momentum on AA, especially after this post and this post went with "he's definitely not scum", with the only mitigating thing being this post claiming a "gut read" after AA's claim - looks suspicious to me in retrospect

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Gamerofthegame posted:

I liked AA for scum better then town

Flying Leatherman posted:

this post and this post went with "he's definitely not scum", with the only mitigating thing being this post claiming a "gut read" after AA's claim - looks suspicious to me in retrospect

what i'm getting at here is where in the world did that suspicion come from, gamer, because it isn't evident from your posting

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

Truth Quark posted:

I could buy IS or Moat as scum from their own posting history
This is kinda where I am too, for the record.

I'm going to ##vote Gamer because I've been reading him as scum for a while now and there hasn't been anything that has happened that would do anything to weaken that opinion for me.

Kash, can you elaborate what was weird about TQ's posting today to you? I'm just not seeing the same things you are here.

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

SalTheBard posted:

I think my reasoning was pretty succinct. I wasn't moving off of MMT unless I had a real compelling reason. It wasn't to force a mislynch and I had AA leaning town so I had no reason to change my vote.

SalTheBard posted:

I really wasn't feeling AA, but I would've voted that way because thats just how the day was going. Knowing that AA is town now I want to further look at IS and MMT.

##vote Sal

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soaring Kestrel
Nov 7, 2009

For Whiterock.
Fun Shoe

SalTheBard posted:

Wow what a loving dramatic 7 pages. If the hanger hasn't occurred I was going to vote AA.

SalTheBard posted:

It wasn't to force a mislynch and I had AA leaning town so I had no reason to change my vote.

:allears:

• Locked thread