Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Confirming!!

Voting Tobbs because I know it will annoy him, and also because..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrtl41oZxOA

##vote Tobbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I saw the thread opened and went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and I was thinking "man I can do rolling start!!"

Then I sang "ro-ling-staaaaaaaaaht" to myself three times in a row

Then thought "man that's nerdy af"

Then I thought about recording it for the thread

Then sang it again in the beautiful version~

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The East Coast is real cold and I think my brain might be breaking :\

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

Also!

##vote TMM - I have a theory.

TMMadman posted:

##vote MMT

Your theory is wrong.

You two are inversions of each other, only one can be right.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The Lord of Hats posted:

Hello, everyone! I'm Hats! You might remember me from previous Shine games, or from being filthy scum in the Qal thread of Conquest of Qal!

1-2 HELLO I AM A MAFIA DAD

3. Be chill! Take a siesta!

Alright, back to jokephase.

Something wrong here.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

chaoslord posted:

Hats I will be watching you Very Closely this game as I will never forgive myself for letting you off the hook in Qal

Something good here~

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

A, C, B

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Slaan posted:

I don't. Put me in coach, estoy listo para jugar

AAA

These are not votes, just a battle cry

aaaaaaaa

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

B,B,B to KB. I'll read all this later.

You read enough to see that KB asked game related info and deigned to respond to it but not enough that you felt you needed to comment on your absence? :raise:

##vote AA

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I have a psyduck twitter with 5800 followers, no joke~

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Gamerofthegame posted:

are we four pages in and trying to decide who to dayvig based on jokephase

thinking

re:combat

I can fight and I can make do in the front, but I'm feistier in the back.

how many days do soldier games on average last

Weird rolefishy opening here, don't dig that a lot. TMM's content game is just TMM bein' TMM, I think it's maybe weird to be doing this early but to make a connection to a potential dayvig out is worse than his poo poo.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Monathin posted:

Kid thinks that's a load of nonsense, not because it wasn't planned, but because the ground seems about as slippery as desert sand.

I agree with Kid here. Maybe I'm coming from a meta-biased position on all this but there's a whole lot of people making weird jumps in logic rn

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Ehnnnnnn I am really not liking Gamers response to poo poo right now. Seems like laissez-faire backtracking from a fuckup.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I am once again realizing I have zero idea how Soldiers game work :psyduck:

I am real certain Kashuno is town, though, that angry analysis infodump is towny af

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno posted:

I...am concerned quid :P

My sense is that you are one of a handful of people that understands how these games work.

My worry is that that “handful” I am identifying is, in actuality, most of the game and I am an idiot :v:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The game was 4 hours old at that point? That is dumb of me.

But then also way dumb of AA to feel the pressure to come in and go "don't worry I'll read this later." Like, why?

Hurm.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Actually now that I'm thinking about this again, did AA even ever come back?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Nothing interesting yet.

Viva el División del Norte!

That's kinda not great. Holiday weekend is a legitimate excuse but you better step up AA!!! :argh:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

The other thing is that I agree with TQ that the interaction between MMT and TMM looks like it could be fabricated. They both seem to be posting pretty carefully, though, so it's hard to get a solid read. Not having been picked out and tunneled by MMT thus far makes me really uncomfortable, but I'm sure it's coming.

Nah, I’m sorry, this is a load of crap. Are you telling me they got into scumchat and decided that that opening was their plan? I could buy that maybe scum MMT made a jokebus vote that scum TMM responded poorly to but this narrative of that being a colluded action is garbage.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

IllegallySober posted:

I'd actually kinda like to know more about this position because I've heard it brought up before but never gotten a satisfactory explanation why it's believed this is the case, particularly on Day 1. (I know he's not exactly claiming VT here, but I'd still like to understand the point.)

Don’t like this post, this game is way too complicated to be derailed into play style meta arguments. Combined with a ton of heat on Tobbs right now, this is firing alarm bells.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I didn't give out role info. I didn't give any hint whatsoever as to whether I was a pawn, knight, bishop, or queen.

Coming out and saying, "Oh look Tobbs is basically claiming VT" is asking for that info, which I'm not sharing.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Basically all of this is wrong. I can't decide if you're being myopic on purpose, because you're scum, or if you just don't care enough to think about the words you're typing.

Yeah this is real bad.

##vote Tobbs

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

TMMadman posted:

Even though he probably should have kept it to himself or maybe been a little more circumspect, I see nothing really wrong with Tobbs giving up some information.

And just saying that he can take a lot of damage but might not deal a lot out isn't exactly game breaking information.

I don’t like this post either, because unless you’re Kashuno, the point being discussed at the moment isn’t whether or not Tobbs did something scummy by claiming, but that his justification of that has been real bad and pretty disingenuous. I don’t know why TMM would come in and ignore all of that just to say “nah that wasn’t that bad.”

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Also Kash I don’t know how you can “hmm nah” that when IS himself literally said “this is actually probably a bad detail” two posts later:

IllegallySober posted:

Sure, but it can be disproven very easily by town PRs if they're ever seen moving in the night, etc, so it doesn't seem to me like it's that much of a "free claim."

This is a little bit of a tangent so we don't need to go down this road too much farther, but the logic just doesn't add up to me.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Truth Quark posted:

I'm more suspicious of people who have been actively buddying up this game, like MMT/TMM in the beginning, or Quid and Hal later on in the thread.

What? When did this happen? I don’t even remember addressing Hal at all, this is a weird connection to be making.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

So you don’t think Tobbs’ response to Kash’s pressure was weird, TMM?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

The Lord of Hats posted:

Was away for most of the day, but I'm going to have to agree with the Kashuno side of things. I don't think Tobbs' initial post was inherently scummy, but the defenses of it since then have felt... what's the opposite of compelling? Uncompelling? Noncompelling? I think it's uncompelling.

I don't get this post. Kashuno is saying he thinks Tobbs is dumb not scum, which you are saying you agree with. But then you're saying that Tobbs followups are uncompelling. Does that mean you think he's being disingenuous? Town not scum? Are you purposefully not committing to making an alignment call on Tobbs here? What's the deal, Hats.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

What the gently caress is this Kash/Bread argument

Bread, why are you purposefully antagonizing / trolling Kashuno? What purpose does this serve? I agree with him that up until you doing this poo poo you were looking like bad town but now I'm wondering why you're going this angle since you seemed to have just said that you don't really think Kash is scum anymore?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Hey quid I called Tobbs scum and voted him in fact

Wait, what? When? I thought you were leading the "nah he's just dumb" charge on him. Did I miss where you changed your mind on that?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

These are all the times you mention Tobbs after going hard on him:

Kashuno posted:

I’d be willing to buy the Tobbs is Town with really dumb opinions, becaus ethat is his style

That to me is a reversal of opinion.

Kashuno posted:

Oh my god look people he other thread is people who can read(?) and make battle plans off of what we post they aren’t loving robots. REVEALING SPECIFICS ABOUT YOUR ABILTIIES AND ROLES FOR NO GAIN IS NON TOWN SO PLEASE SHUT THE gently caress UP

Don’t @ me

I mean I guess you're saying he's scum here but you just said that he probably isn't so I read this as you just telling people not to argue about this anymore because Tobbs isn't right about it? It easily aligns with your "yeah maybe he's just dumb" post above.

Kashuno posted:

It doesn’t matter if there are ways to do it that help town if he objectively picked the one that helps everyone but town

Again, this isn't really alignment indicative.

Kashuno posted:

Big king man backin up my opjnik. And everyone hold s his opinion higher than than mine so maybe now people will realize TOBBS WAS WRONG

And neither is this.

You have not mentioned him since then. It's a little weird given your post history you're acting like I should have known what you were talking about here, because...you definitely are not being clear. I didn't realize you were still voting him because I thought you changed your mind???

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Who's being anti-town now :rolleyes:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Murmur Twin posted:

Also I feel like this got swept under the rug but I think it’s the scummiest post in the thread.

Kash - why would a scum Tobbs use the thread to signal anything to his team instead of using his scumdoc?

This is a really good catch. What’s the deal, Kash? You can’t have been on the fence about Tobbs as you were initially going full tilt at him with a hard scum read.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

PMush is a she. I also think that her outing that role is probably not the best idea but again, why would she do that as scum. The narrative of "TOO MUCH PRESSURE" isn't something I even see happening right now.

##vote Kashuno

MMT's spot on, there's no reason for him to open with "Tobbs is giving the scum team information with this action" if he thinks he's...also on the scum team. He hasn't even addressed that fact with a "yeah that is kinda stupid but you know I was mad at him and not thinking" or whatever, he's actively dancing around that contradiction and that's textbook scum.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'm not surprised at that leap in logic since you're calling every single person who dares to disagree with you scummy rn :allears:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno posted:

Funny I already had you on my scum reads as posted previously so

I knew you were going to bring that up! Did you mention me at all before randomly putting me on your scum list above Tobbs? Or did you just throw me on there so you could move to an easy target later and point back to go “see!”

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

MTT = forums user Murmtur Twin

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

OMGVBFLOL posted:

Quidthulu: leaning scum
Tobbs and Kash have been at each others' throats for days and quid flip-flopped, first agreeing with Kash and then Tobbs. That pings me.

This is straight up incorrect. I thought Kashuno had cooled on Tobbs based on his posting and then he reminded me that he was still voting Tobbs, which seemed contradictory. Then I agreed with MMT that pushing a narrative of Tobbs being scum based on information revelations made no sense, especially considering his thesis initially was that he was publicly providing too much information....to his scum mates.

Furthermore, why are Kash/Tobbs mutually exclusive aligmentwise? Both could be town. Both could be scum (although that would be some great rear end argument faking). You seem to be implying that I should be certain that one of them is being disingenuous? That’s the only way I can see your being pinged about me flip flopping make sense here. That pings me.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'm an easy target BECAUSE I am boisterous and loud, which automatically makes people suspicious of me. Plus I make early hard calls which people don't like a lot. Plus I tend to tunnelvision which people call scummy.

I find it pretty disingenuous of you to sit there and say "people don't really think Quid is scum a lot." I can't think of a game I've played where I didn't get major heat on D1 for my play. Like, you've played with me before, right? How is that possibly your real opinion?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

OK.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno posted:

You think 3 pages is bad just you wait.

Monathin: weird posting gimmick doesn’t sit well with me and obscures their reads a bit. Not a fan of that kind of posting

Quid: calling me Town for “infodump” setup and mafia dadding is not okay with me so he goes on the list, and it didn’t really take much for quid to change from “towny af” to scum which I am concerned with

Why wouldn't you have explained this at the time rather than retroactively? It's real scummy to just drop some names randomly because you can say you did it for any reason.

The only reference I am seeing to this is your immediate post after I say I thought you were town:

Kashuno posted:

I...am concerned quid :P

And then you put me on your suspicious list, which is fine I guess, but this isn't jiving with how you then engage with me regarding IS pinging me afterwards:

Kashuno posted:

“This is a bad derail but without that info it doesn’t make sense to me”

Is not the same as

“This is not worth pursuing”

Kashuno posted:

Quiddo it’s okay for us to not agree, I can’t see how that post “set off warning bells”

If you had seriously had enough pause at me buddying up to you or whatever to put me on your scumlist, I don't see this as the way you engage with me. Why would you approach this from a "Quid is probably just wrong here" perspective rather than a "quid is pushing a fake af case here" perspective?

This is the big issue I'm having with you as the day goes on, Kash, is that you're not having consistent internal logic in a way that looks like it's genuinely evolving and changing. It's one thing to have an opinion of someone early day and then look at their posting and change your mind, but you're just...all over the place. You seem far more concerned with maintaining logical gymnastics as you respond to poo poo in real time, and that to me says you're faking it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

You have an excuse prepared for literally everything anyone throws at you. Everyone is wrong except for you in this game because [reasons]. How is that a town mindset at all, dude.

• Locked thread