Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

Vaya con Burgundy!

I have played boot hill

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

I only played it a couple times way back in the mid/late 80s, but it was fun. Also fun: Car Wars.

Yeah I only played a couple times too but I was totally into car wars.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Moatillata posted:

I have eaten an entire wheel of cheese queso

Estoy listo

Ewwwwwwww

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

I'm happy to see that the game has begun in earnest.

Our thread is way more on the ball than those bozos in Texas.

You are the most glorious of leaders.

To answer your earlier question...

A
B
A/B

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

Day 1 is always so fun and exciting

##vote SalTheBard where is your new avatar

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Your Personal Muse posted:

Peck, I thoroughly responded to Tobbs. Trying to frame me as avoiding the thread is disingenuous. I’m not participating in the battle speculation. It’s not because I’m afraid of doing so or I don’t think it’s important. I really just don’t understand it very well and it’s not my forte.

Seriously, do you think my content has been lacking so far? It’s the holiday weekend at the very start of the game. What’s your angle?

Yeah leave YPM alone he's a good guy this game

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

That's kinda not great. Holiday weekend is a legitimate excuse but you better step up AA!!! :argh:

Thanks Quid, let us know when AA has stepped up enough for you!

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Max Peck have we ever played together I don't recognize you :shobon:

I don’t recognize them but I like the effort they make when they’ve been posting

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I’m still catching up on the last day and a half but I’m already in agreement that PMush revealing her powers that way seems like a message to the other thread more than anything helpful to us

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kash you are the king of generating slap fights, jeez

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

I think my three scum picks right now would be gamer/PMush and then maybe either Hats or AA.

However, I will say that I'm a little worried because there are a lot of people reporting the same list and I'm a little worried it's scum jumping at the chance to use two townies for cover. I'm not sure that's enough to stop me from voting one of them, but it does make me want to stay cautious.

And on that note, I have to say that I like that GeneX came up with a list that doesn't involve the most named suspects today and I also pretty much agree with his list as all three of the people he named are suspicious to me.

I looked at Gamer close since he was a vote leader and I don’t see the issue there at all, definitely not getting the vibe I get from PMush

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I was hoping PMush would come back and say more but oh well ##vote PMush

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Eh, I'm probably honing in on something stupid.

##unvote

I was misreading his interpretation of scum melee row mechanics, and its in contradiction with the rules so it's unlikely that was the slip up I thought it was.

I still don't feel great about him, but my own misunderstanding of his misunderstanding was why I thought he was scum.

However, I will say that I probably won't vote for P Mush for my previous given reasons in spite of thinking their play bad, I think it was just phone post skimming because of you know, other things. Which I'm guilty of myself.

Out of the leaders, Gamer is my next choice because I still think they've given little to nothing of use to the thread while generating suspicion for themselves.

Phone posting is a pain for sure but I don't think the idea behind what PMush was doing would change if posted on something more friendly.

I still don't see what the issue with gamer is, there are some posts in their history that don't seem like scum at all

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Would also vote 50 pounds probably, I don't think they are town, but that's not coming up so much right now.

This was actually my next thought, maybe it is residual fifty-meta but he he's giving me that bullying scum vibe pretty good

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

I'm not.

Tough

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

Here is why:

-Drawing out the hammer maximizes discussion and forces additional opinions to be laid out/challenged

-KB is confirmed town but isn't infallible, following his lead strongly and encouraging the thread to follow his lead can discourage dissension and can also mean that scum need to fool KB instead of the entire town.

-Day abilities are no longer viable - this can go either way, obviously, but I am inclined to think this hurts town abilities more than scum abilities. (This is a weaker point.)

It was only a handful of votes at the end but I begrudgingly admit these are decent points

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

So here’s the thing about gotg

I can’t get a real bead on him. In his posts, even if I agree with the conclusions he makes I usually am unsure how he got there. This is a regular occurrence for me in games with them, and I’ve basicslly had to go off an overall vibe I get from them.

This game the vibe is turning to bad. I think gotg is scum and I have no way to articulate it better than that

Hmmm I wish you could articulate it a little better. I have read gamer multiple times and I feel pretty much the opposite.

But... I also felt bad about PMush and 50 and those were way off so I am not really trusting myself right now

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

Scum trying to frame me as scum

Man talk about defensive, I don't even think that Keane's question was directed to the part of the post about you (nor was the question even directed to you so jumping in here is shady)

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

I'm just going to be 100 here. I shouldn't have signed up for this game. 25 players with lots of abilities and roles is something I should've taken into consideration. I feel like everytime I check this thread there are 80 new posts with a lot of back and forths. I'm honestly trying to contribute here. I was able to be aggressive and post more in Mini's game because it was small, all vanilla roles (even though we didn't know that). Look at the DBZ game for how I operated during a big, role crazy game. That being said I'm town, please don't lynch me.

awwwww yeah ok fine I believe you

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sorry all, work has been super busy this last week.

Catching up, TMMs Quid thing is interesting. My first thought before Quid had responded was that maybe Quid was going to say he had changed his mind about 50 after PM's flip and I was a bit surprised when SO MANY people were fine with just jumping on that vote without really even thinking about the possibilities.

Quids explosion when he got back though... I don't think he is necessarily faking how upset he is, but I do think maybe he is upset scum mad that he got caught for what he feels like is bad reasoning rather than upset that he is town being wrongfully accused. I am a little surprised to see him THAT upset about being voted given that there was at least some sort of legit accusation.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

Yeah actually rereading keane he is passing the buck onto TMM and never posted his thoughts on Quid. Now it’s “Quid scum” because of the TMM points but eh. I feel like there was a hesitation to post his read that is weird

Quids refusal to comment on TMMs thing repeatedly at first is strange even by Keane standards. He can be willfully obstinate but there was no reason given and then his slide to voting Quid once momentum got going makes no sense based on his earlier play

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

I actually like the format I used above for AA. Quotes, timestamps, then analysis. I need to use that more.

Agreed, it is very nice and I think your AA case resonates more with me than the gamer one

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Kashuno posted:

I know it's :ironicat: given that I've been the person pointing out alternative scenarios this game but I don't think we should discount what the simplest explanation is.

I also may be misreading you Hal but this seems like a kinda soft hedging on Quid

Some of the actions around Quid make me feel a bit like he's being railroaded (Keane, maybe OMG (I am getting to that)) along with the weird dogpile of votes. My first reaction when I was catching up was that Quid was bad but I want to examine things a little closer before I put a vote on that. I reallllly get a ping about scum being mad about being voted for what they perceive as bad reasoning though

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

No, I think it's an attempt by a scumbuddy to take an opportunity to appear townie by bussing a scumbuddy by mirroring a town argument and indicating they just got beat.

TMMs points are Rock solid. I don't think he is scum. I do think he is right on Quid.

This I don't like either. OMGs post was pretty quick after TMMs if I read the timestamp right. Quid presumably was not in the scumdoc while that was going on (or he waited a loooooong time to respond which I doubt). I don't really think OMG was so convinced that Quid was a goner from TMMs post which was a good catch but hardly the DAMNING EVIDENCE some people are making it out to be (especially before Quid had responded) that he felt like he had to hurriedly fake having the exact same catch/read as TMM and he also had to take the time to format it like he was making the original case.

If anything I would think OMG was scum with TMM and they had decided to fake this two prong attack. I don't think that is what happened at all because I think TMM is being honest here but if I was pursuing OMG suspicions that would make more sense than an almost immediate hard bus on his scumbro.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

CCKeane posted:

I Thought TMM was scum and didn't see a reason to do what scum wanted, especially since I had something in mind. Oh well.

Just seems like offering a read on someone isn't like an outlandish thing even if you have suspicions that the person asking is scum

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hmmmm so if TMM is telling the truth then it does seem like Gene or Quid has to be scum, unless the other side has a power that lets melee attackers hit the back row somehow (or maybe scum in our front row can attack behind? Do we know that is not possible?).

TMM maybe you said this and I missed it, is there a particular reason it couldn't be Gene that attacked you or is just the catch on Quid that has you totally convinced it is him?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Gene wasn't in the battle.

Did I misread the battle plan? Who was in the back with Quid and TMM?

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Hal Incandenza posted:

Did I misread the battle plan? Who was in the back with Quid and TMM?

Ohhhh I looked at the wrong one! So Kash and FL then, my bad.

Same question to TMM though

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

Without going into too many details, I targeted 50 with a buff-style action, but it did not go through.

Quid I guess I don't understand why you would not add in the little detail here that you tried to DEBUFF 50 or something. I get we are trying to keep this info as vague as possible but this seems TOO vague given your later claim

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Popping into a battle as scum seems a bit overpowered. Also that kind of power would probably best be used when your leader isn't in the battle on the other side ready to wreak havoc. Like, you might hide the fact that you have it until KB goes into the battle so you can murder him and win the game.

Yeah I didn't pay enough attention to the early posts today and forgot that people popped into the battle. Not conclusive by any means but that would be a weird from scum in the very first battle

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

What I am saying is that once Quid fullclaimed his action it was clear he was hoping he was going to debuff (for lack of a better word) 50 rather than buff him. So his initial claim that he was basically trying to help 50 seems odd to me since he should be thinking he tried to HINDER 50 not help him and should have made that more clear if that was his intent.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

TMMadman posted:

I'm looking forward to seeing what the Kid has to say.

Yeah, and I guess the implication from that is Keane is town? Or maybe that Mona feels like they have an amazingly solid case. A little put off by the “don’t bother looking at this person” bit, there better be some payoff

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Gamerofthegame posted:

i mean i think it's obvious quid is having RL distractions and that made him scum slip, which is lame but still scum

Also agreed

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Quidthulhu posted:

It wasn't a scum slip, but you wouldn't know that because you didn't let me play. Now you get nothing~

Anyway, I'll save it for post game. All Hail West Texas.

Dang bro you can still play! I'm not even sure why you are so mad, no one has done anything to prevent you from defending yourself.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

MMT does the same thing. Agrees with Quid's gamer case and tosses a vote. Also defends Quid. Is not even slightly suspicious of him.

Gamer town, MMT scum, final answer.

I’m on the same page here I think.

Quid being scum also does not help Keane

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

The Lord of Hats posted:

Did... did you read KB's post and think Quid was actually modkilled?

Am I missing :thejoke: here? Am I being wooshed?

Sal just misunderstood

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

SalTheBard posted:

I'm gullible sorry

The greatest mafia trait of all

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

Or when you say set up, are you just meaning that the scum team sacrificed him and you acknowledge that he is also scum?

I hope that’s what he’s saying because I’d love to hear more on that theory

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

King Burgundy posted:

As some have speculated, this combat lineup was in part a proving ground for those chosen. So if you are in the line and have cool stuff to use to swing this our way, feel free to be badass.

If I ever get into battle I will make you proud KB

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sorry I doubted you Keane

• Locked thread