Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

People don't like Michael Cera all that much.

No seriously what year do you think this is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Escobarbarian posted:

No seriously what year do you think this is

:looks at current political climate:

1984?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Rhyno posted:

:looks at current political climate:

1984?

80% of this thread will be back in their dads sack if that was the case.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

GreenNight posted:

80% of this thread will be back in their dads sack if that was the case.

I was out of the sack for 3 years by 1984 :smug:

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Iron Crowned posted:

I was out of the sack for 3 years by 1984 :smug:

Same.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Aphrodite posted:

Yeah well I bet none of them know who you are either.

Another reason to wish for celebrity fame.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

tbf disliking Michael Cera in 2018 is weird if only because he has like no career to hate atm

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
He was just nominated for a Tony.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Also I finished Insatiable and it is very, very good. Slow start for sure but once it finds its footing it really delivers.

^^^ oh word? That's cool as hell tbh.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

less laughter posted:

He was just nominated for a Tony.

Isn't the Tony like the Golden Globe where they nominate anyone remotely famous so they show up to the ceremony

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

esperterra posted:

tbf disliking Michael Cera in 2018 is weird if only because he has like no career to hate atm

Maybe someday I will stop hating Hitler.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Mu Zeta posted:

Isn't the Tony like the Golden Globe where they nominate anyone remotely famous so they show up to the ceremony

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Cera jumped up so much in my estimations after Twin Peaks tbh

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
First episode of Disenchanted was very fun, it felt like it had that Groening magic. Really looking forward to how the season pans out.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Cera should’ve gotten the Oscar for his role in This Is The End.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

PaybackJack posted:

SNL blocks various countries outside NA so re-ups on other channels are appreciated. I can't believe I never saw that sketch before. Probably bordering on racism a bit with the southern caricatures but that's a solid sketch.

Would people in other countries get the whole Maine/Louisiana divide? Seems like its a very American thing.

I wouldn't get a sketch about Geordies being transported to Leeds or something anyway.

e: Cera has been spending his time doing indie movies for nothing and weird plays, which is cool as hell. He did a funny one about trying to get high in Chile that I recently watched, it was alright.

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Aug 17, 2018

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Shageletic posted:

I wouldn't get a sketch about Geordies being transported to Leeds or something anyway.

My understanding from watching British panel shows is that there's a bunch of people with accents. Then one of them adopts another accent and everyone laughs. Then someone names a town that sounds made up and everyone laughs.

Then someone makes a joke about someone else going to public school and it makes no sense until I remember that that has entirely opposite implications to public school in the US.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Shageletic posted:

All british speak in either cockney or received pronunciation.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I know the rural one they use in Hot Fuzz

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
My favorite British accent is Duchess Meghan's.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

IRQ posted:

All british speak in either cockney or received pronunciation.

The second would be me. My accent makes no sense based on where I lived my entire life, but probably got formed in school due to a bunch of posh-o English types. The bastards.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
The best British accent I have is impersonating the Orks from Dawn of War 1

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Iron Crowned posted:

The best British accent I have is impersonating the Orks from Dawn of War 1

Warcraft 1 orcs, better orcs, better game.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

IRQ posted:

Warcraft 1 orcs, better orcs, better game.

Come on, man. Warcraft 1? Really? Like 2 deffo but 1 was pretty awful.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I can't wait for British children to start developing vocal fry in their everyday accent

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Full season order.

Cast list is

quote:

Regina King, Jeremy Irons, Don Johnson, Tim Blake Nelson, Louis Gossett Jr., Yahya Abdul-Mateen II, Adelaide Clemens, Andrew Howard, Tom Mison, Frances Fisher, Jacob Ming-Trent, Sara Vickers, Dylan Schombing, Lily Rose Smith and Adelynn Spoon.

Jim DiGriz
Apr 28, 2008

Maybe there is no room for guys like us.
Grimey Drawer

Shageletic posted:

Would people in other countries get the whole Maine/Louisiana divide? Seems like its a very American thing.

I'm from Europe and I assumed that something like this is why I'm not finding it funny at all. Okay, Jamie Foxx was good.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

zoux posted:

Full season order.

Cast list is

Reminder that this is supposed to be a "sequel" and not an adaptation of the original graphic novel. I don't really know what to expect but I'll follow Lindelof anywhere after Leftovers.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

zoux posted:

Because it's insanely bizarre that the not ready for primetime players are dating A-list actresses

I don't understand this reasoning. :confused:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

precision posted:

Yeah why you refer to any cast other the than original as the Not Ready For Prime Time Players? Very odd indeed.

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

precision posted:

I thought it was generally known that funnier people tend to attract people even if they aren't "conventionally attractive."

Hakkesshu posted:

Reminder that this is supposed to be a "sequel" and not an adaptation of the original graphic novel. I don't really know what to expect but I'll follow Lindelof anywhere after Leftovers.

Hell, :same:

Season 2 of the Leftovers is some of the finest television I've ever experienced.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Vanderdeath posted:

I thought it was generally known that funnier people tend to attract people even if they aren't "conventionally attractive."

You're thinking of rich people.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

zoux posted:

Full season order.

Cast list is

This is the most self-aware tagline I've ever seen.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Michael Cera has the role of his career ahead of him: Jared Kushner.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
As long as Mae Whitman plays Ivanka.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Vanderdeath posted:

It's super true indeed.

I mean Colin Jost looks like a human glass of warm milk.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Netflix has canceled The Joel McHale Show with Joel McHale. I'm guessing their "binge" experiment didn't work.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
The episode of Cheers where they get a karaoke machine and Frasier becomes obsessed with it he’s wearing the most hideous yellow, green and purple sweater with a stitching of Baloo
Like Frasier in Frasier is all class and fashion, skullet not withstanding, who is this man

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

esperterra posted:

Have you already forgotten Season Five of Arrested Development? Because if you have, tell me your secret, please, I must know. I must forget.

Hill was great in the Jump Street movies, and Wolf of Wall Street, and I liked War Dogs a lot more than I expected. I also can’t think of anything where I’ve seen him and hated his performance, so he’s got the edge on Cera for me there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

muscles like this! posted:

Netflix has canceled The Joel McHale Show with Joel McHale. I'm guessing their "binge" experiment didn't work.

Also, they cancelled The Break