Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rhyno posted:

She's pretty funny, she was on a talk show and said she got hired for Dragonball with like zero experience and was just fumbling through takes hoping to not get fired.
And she's got serious comic book cred now having been on Gotham and the Gifted.

Oh poo poo, I completely forgot she played Chi Chi in that. lmao Evolution is such a hot mess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's so bad but I will watch anything Emmy Rossum does so I've sat through it twice.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rhyno posted:

It's so bad but I will watch anything Emmy Rossum does so I've sat through it twice.

:same: maybe even more than twice tbh, been a while tho. same with Kristin Kreuk and The Legend of Chun-Li ...

I still laugh when I think about Rossum playing Bulma and Chatwin playing Goku and them ending up in Shameless together.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Rhyno posted:

It's the season Jamie Cheung was on and she's done quite well for herself considering she wasnt an actress.

That was Real World: San Diego in 2004!

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Rhyno posted:

It's the season Jamie Cheung was on and she's done quite well for herself considering she wasnt an actress.

She's in Casual! Also a little bit in Alone Together.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Rhyno posted:

The Real World is a little rough because they didn't secure the music rights so the soundtrack feels very off.

MTV being lazy and just using songs they had the right to air at the time to score all their shows has ruined so many of them. We'll never get a fully complete Daria or Beavis and Butt-head rerelease, Undergrads is stuck in hell, all their reality shows had to get horrible rescores...

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Holy gently caress Barry just keeps getting more and more amazing as it goes on and it is definitely something anyone who liked Patriot should watch because it very much scratches a similar itch

Also god drat Sharp Objects also gets so good as it goes and UGH WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT A WEEK FOR THE FINALE

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Lurdiak posted:

MTV being lazy and just using songs they had the right to air at the time to score all their shows has ruined so many of them. We'll never get a fully complete Daria or Beavis and Butt-head rerelease, Undergrads is stuck in hell, all their reality shows had to get horrible rescores...

There's always the fan projects to restore the audio, at least. Daria's restoration thing is pretty good, though obvs it's DVD quality video-- not sure if it even has a BD anyway. Sounds fine tho considering much of the audio could have come off a fuckin VHS rip of someone's home recording lol.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

ugh I passed out before I could watch Sharp Objects again last night. This new job is making me sleep normal person hours and I hate it!!!

I should watch it before playing several games of HotS instead of telling myself I'll do it after, smgdh

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

Holy gently caress Barry just keeps getting more and more amazing as it goes on and it is definitely something anyone who liked Patriot should watch because it very much scratches a similar itch

Also god drat Sharp Objects also gets so good as it goes and UGH WHY DO I HAVE TO WAIT A WEEK FOR THE FINALE

For some reason I thought you’d already seen Barry. Anyway yeah it is a truly excellent show

I made my current top 10 TV of the year earlier on but I dunno how accurate it is without actually ranking everything which gently caress that:

Atlanta
Barry
Better Call Saul
Brockmire
GLOW
High Maintenance
Killing Eve
Lodge 49
Sharp Objects
The Good Place

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Barry had a trainwreck last ep imo

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I need to finish Barry, can't remember why I stopped.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Wait that show is actually good? Seriously?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

precision posted:

I really like it; still not totally sure where the plot’s going, but it’s fun.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

precision posted:

That and Killing Eve are the two I’m least sure about on that list, but I really did love it. I know it’s not for everyone, though.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Teek posted:

Next month, season 2:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwrr6aIWeus

Looks like a solid #2.

Oh my god yes this is everything

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Isn't Road Rules where Theo Von got his big break?

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

A long time ago, we used to be friends, but I haven't thought of you lately at all...

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/2018/08/21/veronica-mars-revival-series-hulu-kristen-bell/

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
ehhhhh. the movie was enough tbh, and it wasn’t even that good

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I liked the movie a lot tho it was middling, but I want the promised 'Veronica was going to join the FBI' storyline to maybe happen, so I am cautiously optimistic. With iZombie ending next season I need my Rob Thomas injections anyway.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm about halfway through Disenchantment and I'm enjoying it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

muscles like this! posted:

Don't go in the thread, it's a garbage fire.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Every cartoon thread is like that. The OP of the Avatar thread used to close it when he was angry.

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Just watched the first 2 episodes of Brockmire and it's definitely my jam. No idea why I waited on it.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

Rocksicles posted:

Don't go in the thread, it's a garbage fire.

I just finished Disenchantment and I really liked it. It's not amazing by any means, but it definitely scratches that Futurama itch for me. I tried reading the thread for it and it seemed like while there may have been a few valid criticisms, most people were just trying to find things to not like about it. Some people are just way too picky about what they watch.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I keep forgetting that's out, I need to watch it.

I also keep confusing it with Disenchanted, the proposed sequel to Enchanted, and getting my hopes up when people say they watched it!!

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Disenchantment is pretty decent. Some of the jokes fall flat because some of the voice actors are less than great (whoever plays the elf comes to mind), but it’s good otherwise. First episode was kind of slow though.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
You know what makes watching Cheers harder
Knowing that no one gets any sort of happiness except Woody, years later they’re still miserable drunks who dislike their spouses, are in dead end jobs, got divorced and became even more alcoholic, or are pursuing dreams that just won’t come true
I mean I guess Sam is at least getting help for being a sex weirdo and Frasier may or may not have made things work with that one lady but still, dang

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Speaking of MTV stuff, WWE's The Miz will always be that clueless but well-meaning dunderhead from the Real World New Orleans to me. He seemingly changed the most out of the cast that season and went from a dude parroting racist bullshit from his parents to becoming friends with the black lady that took his rear end to task when he said that dumb poo poo

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Rhyno posted:

My condolences on hearing Gerard Butler "sing" Music of the Night.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

At least Patrick Wilson and Minnie Driver help to balance out how much Butler drags down that hot mess of a movie lmao

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Escobarbarian posted:

ehhhhh. the movie was enough tbh, and it wasn’t even that good

I love Veronica Mars, it's one of my favorite shows of all time, but I think it's going to lose a lot of it's charm with her "all grown up". I think the movie was an average wrap up to the show, I don't think it needs to come back.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

esperterra posted:

At least Patrick Wilson and Minnie Driver help to balance out how much Butler drags down that hot mess of a movie lmao

Minnie Driver is in camp city too much for me, also the fact that she did none of her own singing kinda sucked. Patrick Wilson though is the undoubtedly the MVP of that movie. Which isn't surprising considering he was a Tony nominated legit Broadway actor. Emmy is really good too, and technically great in that she hits all her notes but honestly just didn't have enough strength for the role.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mu Zeta posted:

Every cartoon thread is like that. The OP of the Avatar thread used to close it when he was angry.

What a monster

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Agreed 100% on Wilson and Rossum. I dug Driver's scene chewing energy.

Shame they didn't also dub Butler ...

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

esperterra posted:

Agreed 100% on Wilson and Rossum. I dug Driver's scene chewing energy.

Shame they didn't also dub Butler ...

Luckily the perfect version of it exists in the 25th Anniversary bluray in that it definitely has in my opinion the best Phantom and Christine and probably one of the best Raouls ever. Funny that Ramin Karimloo became maybe the best Phantom ever years after he was in the movie as just the picture of Christine's dead dad. You should've dubbed his voice in instead of Butler and you would have been ahead of the curve Shumacher!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Arist posted:

What a monster

Definitely not a monster. Just a bitch.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

X-O posted:

Luckily the perfect version of it exists in the 25th Anniversary bluray in that it definitely has in my opinion the best Phantom and Christine and probably one of the best Raouls ever. Funny that Ramin Karimloo became maybe the best Phantom ever years after he was in the movie as just the picture of Christine's dead dad. You should've dubbed his voice in instead of Butler and you would have been ahead of the curve Shumacher!

I blame Webber tbh I hear he was super bossy on that set about what he wanted the movie to be lmao

Some poo poo just doesn't translate 1:1 to film gdi. Fosse understood it Webber why don't you!!

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
Yay:

https://twitter.com/DEADLINE/status/1032040117320347649

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

X-O posted:

Minnie Driver is in camp city too much for me, also the fact that she did none of her own singing kinda sucked.

If you want to hear her singing you can always go watch Goldeneye...

Norwegian Rudo fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Aug 22, 2018