Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Ingmar terdman posted:

What happened to the back half of Arrested S5

Tambor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
David Schwartz, the composer for Arrested Development, posted some pictures of the recording for the scoring for season 5.5 in early September. He did the same thing for season 5, and the episodes came out about 3 months later. So I am guessing either December (seems unlikely) or early 2019 for the second half of AD.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rhyno posted:

Tambor.

And the disastrous interview where Cross, Bateman and Arnett mansplained to a sobbing Jessica Walter about abusive behavior, resulting in Netflix canceling the season's entire press tour.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bit of an own goal, that.

Ah love horrifying 2 minute long Soviet corn commercials

https://twitter.com/sovietvisuals/status/762706470982995968

This was literally the first Soviet TV commercial ever.

zoux fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Oct 22, 2018

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

GreenNight posted:

Watching The Rookie with Fillion and its not bad. He looks good. Lost a bunch of weight since Castle.

It seemed a little heavy handed but that might be the establish everything in the pilot episode stuff. I realize it’s the point of the show but the age thing being held against him seems a little weird to me. They probably have different rules but there are plenty of rookies in their mid to late 30s on the NYPD. The max age to start the hiring procedures is 35 and can take up to 3 years to finally get through training.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

It's too bad I have 0 desire to watch Disenchanted

I had watched the pilot a few weeks back and then moved on to other stuff like Maniac and Castle Rock. Last night I started watching Episode 2 and fell asleep within 5 minutes.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
It's crazy how unfunny Disenchanted is. There's plenty of successful medieval fantasy comedies.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Disenchanted is funny and good. It's weird how opinions are subjective.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I wasn't nearly as in love with Futurama's "pop culture references and math dadjokes" formula as the rest of the internet so I guess my comeuppance is having to watch everyone else poo poo on Disenchanted more laid-back and character-driven sensibilities when I dig it a lot more.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Futurama does not hold up at all imo.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lurdiak posted:

You need a tune up.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!
Disenchanted got funny around the 8th or 9th ep. How long you hung around depended on how much you're into the setting.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Regy Rusty posted:

The last episode of The Good Place was great I thought we were just saying the thread was bad not the show :confused:

Yeah, sorry that I even for a second made it sound like I was talking about the quality of the actual show! I'm loving Season 3 even though some people were a little less into most of the episodes before this week. Was referring to thread quality only.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Lurdiak posted:

Futurama most definitely holds up.

I've been pretty excited to watch Disenchantedment (lmao Disenchanted is the name of the proposed Enchanted sequel which I wish Disney would hurry up and film already), but have too many other things to finish watching or playing r/n so I'm holding off. I don't need it to be anything special. I just want a Matt Groenig show. It's comfy.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Shageletic posted:

Disenchanted got funny around the 8th or 9th ep. How long you hung around depended on how much you're into the setting.

I'm not into fantasy at all so I guess I'll just have to make do with any of the thousands of other good non-fantasy things to catch up on :shrug:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
At its core Futurama is a great show but there are a lot of no great episodes in that run.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rhyno posted:

At its core Futurama is a great show but there are a lot of no great episodes in that run.

The same can be said of most shows that go beyond like two season imo so that's not too shabby

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

esperterra posted:

The same can be said of most shows that go beyond like two season imo so that's not too shabby

Everything past the cancellation is terrible.

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006
Everything before the cancellation is great so it balances out.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rhyno posted:

Everything past the cancellation is terrible.

I respectfully disagree.

Tho it's def not on the level of the original run.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've never really understood the appeal of Futurama

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

I feel the same way about South Park, has some funny stuff. But i find it childish.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

I feel the same way about South Park, has some funny stuff. But i find it childish.

SP has a 10:90 split for good:bad episodes. But when they hit they loving hit.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Even though I know they've tried to back away from political episodes, I can't help but view South Park through the politics of its creators now and that makes it hard for me to watch even if it is a 100% good episode.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Cael posted:

Yeah, sorry that I even for a second made it sound like I was talking about the quality of the actual show! I'm loving Season 3 even though some people were a little less into most of the episodes before this week. Was referring to thread quality only.

I understand, it's all good

precision posted:

it's got funny space jokes

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

precision posted:

katey sagal

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
Futurama was amazing up until the first cancellation, the movies were pretty decent but not great, and the rest of the CC run was a phenomenon of diminishing returns.

I really want to like Disenchanted, but it just doesn't grab me for whatever reason. Something with Eric Andre and John DiMaggio shouldn't be boring, but here we are.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll
mass dyslexia going on ITT (the show is called Disenchantment)

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Every time people (myself included) call it Disenchanted all I can think of is Amy Adams

Which tbh is not a bad situation to be in, but it's all very confusing

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

People like this show.

https://twitter.com/comicbookcast/status/1054393041920901120?s=21

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

it's even funnier now i realize that's shane west lmbo

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Ironic TV Watching Leads To Unironic Bad Taste

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

I thought Gotham was supposed to be bad but kinda campy. This is just bad.

Should have gone for classic luchadore look.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I thought Gotham was supposed to be bad but kinda campy. This is just bad.

Should have gone for classic luchadore look.

Couldn't they find a big Puerto Rican?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yeah the prison lunch tray on his chest is weird, same with the cinnamon bun ears. but gotham has the most consistent theming and set design of any show on TV so hopefully it looks better in an actual episode once its properly lit and moving around with the other villains

for example Mr. Freeze doesn't exactly look menacing in full lightning, but in the show the suit actually looks great:

the latter pics arent promo shots btw, thats just how they shoot the show, with lots of volumetric lighting, reflective floors and spotlights cutting through smoke and dust. it always LOOKS great, even if you arent into the writing

EDIT: ohhh dear the first pic didnt include the circuit board pants:

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 13:27 on Oct 23, 2018

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
It’s a little amazing how many successful low budget superhero shows DC really has, they have certainly found a winning formula.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Oasx posted:

It’s a little amazing how many successful low budget superhero shows DC really has, they have certainly found a winning formula.

Especially when you look at the movies.

Meanwhile Marvel TV has been an inconsistent mess but their movies know exactly what they’re doing and do it well. I do keep meaning to watch more Agents of Shield though.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We live in a world where Luke Cage and Iron Fist can't get third seasons and Legends of Tomorrow is probably going to run for 10 years.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
Marvel Netflix outside of Daredevil is kind of a mess. Agents of SHIELD is better than it should be, and is criminally excluded from the MCU. They could easily toss in a bone for that audience in the movies but refuse to do so. I liked Jessica Jones and Luke Cage and even Defenders, but they suffer from the same pervasive criticism of Marvel Netflix shows, pacing. They make an 8 episode show into 13.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

The problem with the Marvel Netflix shows is that they are utterly joyless and dour, similar to another company's failed movie universe. LoT is fun. Marvel movies are fun.