Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So I finally watched the last season of GoT and man that one final season’s gonna be kinda bad
Cool setpieces with the dragons though. I guess that’s why the season was cut short

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Mila Kunis was a comedic genius in That 70’s Show wasn’t she

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Laura Prepon broke like every single episode and Mila Kunis rarely broke but when she did it was something genuinely hilarious like the whole MICHAEL GET IN THE VAN MICHAEL GET IN THE VAN MICHAEL MICHAEL GET IN THE VAN FINE

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I like how anytime anyone slaps someone on the back of the head you can tell it's a for real hard slap

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Man a lot of things happen in these 70’s Wisconsin teenagers’ lives in 2 years

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

The thing they really screwed up was setting the first season in '76.

Yeah, isn't there a Christmas episode in every single one of the 8 seasons of the show that ends on January 1, 1980?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Wilmer Valderrama is both the guy that most Consistently makes them laugh for real and never breaks.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Why’d they break up Jackie and Kelso so abruptly anyway
I mean they had a sweet moment, get engaged and then BAM Kelso leaves for California

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Fez is the most well adjusted and normal character in the show and that's pretty funny

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also lmao Eric working as a stock boy at a grocery store and the guy who places coupons in bags of dog food made him enough money to getting seriously close to getting married
And Kitty sabotaging his chance at working in a bank because then he wouldn't go to college and you need college to be successful, the 70's were a different dimension

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Everything Donna and Eric do is like, textbook definition of creating and fostering a resentful marriage

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
No I know Eric runs out on her their wedding day but he returns at the end and they’re implied to get back together after Eric’s replacement gets chased out of town or something and WOW that’s gonna be a disastrous relationship

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

precision posted:

Was it not intentional that they basically acted like an old married couple (ie, their own parents) from jump street? Was that not the joke about their relationship? Because I seriously have always thought that was :thejoke:

Just like how Kelso, the dumbest and most irresponsible motherfucker, becomes a cop, or how Hyde sells out. Everyone becomes what they hated. Because that's exactly what really happened to the Boomers.

Hyde becoming a cop would’ve been him becoming what he hates. I forget how does Hyde sell out

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

precision posted:

He just settles down and runs a record store instead of actually like going out and living a wild rock and roll lifestyle

Didn't he marry a stripper
Jackie also had a pretty decent ending if I recall. She becomes a strong independent woman who don't need no man and starts dating Fez

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

precision posted:

Yeah Jackie did okay. I don't remember Hyde's wife being a stripper, all I remember is that she was black and there was an episode where everyone had to say their own version of "not that there's anything wrong with that"

No you’re thinking of Hyde’s halfsister because it turns out Hyde’s actually half black

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I mean I understand that the natural conclusion of Eric and Donna’s disastrous relationship is either one of them running away on the wedding eve but still they shouldn’t have gotten back together after that
I do wonder how it would’ve played out if Topher Grace didn’t run off to make movies

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Is blonde Donna the biggest misstep in television history

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Eric's loving unbearable this season, and Blonde Donna's not necessarily a problem (although why on earth would you do that), it's just a sign of the problem

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Like on what planet does a parent support a son who willfully does not find work in the wonderful 70’s economy and just spends his days loving around eating and doing nothing

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Like if I told my parents that they would’ve told me to get the gently caress out of the house before I finished the sentence

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Jackie's an absolute delight though. Funniest character by far

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Yes. You can always tell a show is going down the tubes when characters just start having the hair their actors would rather have instead of what fits the character. Hello I'm frumpy overworked single mom doctor *maybelline hair with highlights*.

Apparently Topher Grace didn’t realize until his last goddamn episode he could've worn a wig the entire time

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also Ashton Kutcher gets a normal modern haircut for the seventh season when he's past I don’t give a poo poo phase

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Aww, Lindsey Lohan pre-crack

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
See, season seven of this show completely loving wrecks the conceit that the season is taking place over less than a year because Kelso's baby's mama grew a child and gave birth to it and the child had at least one birthday between seasons six and seven

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
And the show pulls Eric being good at teaching out of its rear end to justify doing something with the character / having Topher Grace leave

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Red and Kitty Foreman are either the dumbest parents alive or were in deep, deep denial for all those years with the weed and the pot

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
No Randy you're not hired go away

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So was I the only one who found it wildly inappropriate that Donna kept hanging out at Eric’s basement every time they broke up

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

It's really weird that everyone just kept going over to the Foreman's house, especially after Eric and Hyde move away.

Also how they all start making GBS threads on Eric once Topher Grace sorta kinda made it in Hollywood making it clear he wouldn't return

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Entirely too many things happen to these teenagers in three years

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Again, Fez was completely in the right in thinking that Jackie only wanted to get with him because she was lonely and with no prospects. That had been her entire gimmick for the entire previous 19 episodes

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I am not enjoying this child actor in Lost in Space. He is bad but I think that's the fault of the character and not the actor

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Dr Smith is a delight though :allears:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Judy is just going to end up with all the ptsds isn’t she

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
So what's Dr Smith's endgame here other than just putting everybody against everybody

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Also it really can't be healthy for John to pass out over and over and over

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

The dynamic of having an evil unhelpful prick on your team that you can't get rid of because you need their skills is a really really strong source of drama, tension and character conflicts, it's amazing this reboot managed to make it dull.

Because her only skill is being manipulative which as far as I know isn’t a skill they need to get off the planet or solve their inter familial conflicts

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I love how in Frasier very late in the series they decided to make Daphne an expert rat breeder just for that one scene and it’s never brought up again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
“Don’t you get it, <name>, WE'RE the Walking Dead ™” was a line they played over promos constantly