Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

McSpanky posted:

something something Mandalorian Iron Man

You blew it. Iron Mandalorian was right there!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Disney+ will succeed regardless of Marvel/Star Wars. Literally every parent who has the means to do so will subscribe. All the Marvel and Star Wars stuff that attracts adults and adolescents is just gravy.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

Teen girls are into him. He's Swedish and stuff.

The main channel I follow is Screenjunkies News because they do really good movie reviews and analyze box office numbers in an interesting way. And they also do the honest trailers stuff.

My favorite Screen Junkies vid was the one after the dude got fired for being a sex monster and the while video is 2 guys trying their best to not make eye contact with 3 angry women.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

They make sense for certain things like Marvel movies, because they tease something from the comics for upcoming movies.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

The last season of The Clone Wars covers that with Asohka. Basically, she is framed for a bombing/terror attack and at the end basically says gently caress off to the Jedi Order. She gets her own canon novel, as well as a follow up in Rebels, where she is an early leader of the resistance who is basically a non Jedi, but will help train force users in the Jedi way (i.e. basically use your powers for good).

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

The Lord Bude posted:

I'm only a casual star wars person, but the Last Jedi felt like a middle tier Marvel Movie. Not actively bad, not great, but a perfectly serviceable blockbuster. Force awakens was poo poo because it was a blatant remake of the first star wars movie with a palette swap essentially and a collection of fan service checkboxes.

I see it both ways. That's a perfectly valid criticism, but I can also see why they did that, as a way to basically "ease" old fans into the new universe.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

To turn back into TV talk, I am planning my TV shows while I cook tomorrow. So what are the best Thanksgiving episodes ofnTB shows. I plan on watching the Bob's Burgers Thanksgiving epidoes, as well as drinking and talking to the turkey.

I also have HIMYM Slap Bet and subsequent Slapsgiving episodes. Definitely going to have the "he gave him the knife!" episode of West Wing and maybe others. Anyone else have some good Thanksgiving recommendations?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Stick with it, things coalesce pretty quickly and you will be glad you did. Also, the epsiodes are much more enjoyable the second time around.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Chris Pratt loves Jesus and thats ok. Seriously, unless you go looking for it like on his social media, and even then pretty rarely, he never brings it up. I have never seen an interview where he talks about it.

There are plenty of actors who are far more vocal about their religion than Pratt. Also, I have never heard him use his religion as a reason for hatred or intolerance, which I feel is the far more important thing.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I thought I read that Disney+ will have "channels". Star Wars, Marvel, and the rest. If thats the case it would be super easy to have parental controls block out the Marvel stuff.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

DF seasons 1 and 3 is good, and first 4 episodes and last one of season 2 are good. Defenders is only 8 episodes, so doesn't have as much pacing issues as the others.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

Are there any of these that have come up really prominently then just never seemed to go anywhere? I guess even now that people are more sensitive to and more aware of this kind of thing, even after it comes out people can still get away with it. As far as actors go, it seems like Jeremy Piven seems to have managed that, for instance. Or who was that one politician whose ex-wife or his ex-girlfriend or whoever said he used to beat her and she had a video to prove it? That seems like it would have been a big deal but I remember it was reported and then nothing, el zilcho, never came up again.

Stan Lee ones turned out to be fake.

McSpanky posted:

During one of the recent allegation waves one of the women who made an accusation later recanted and admitted she was doing it for money (though it's very important to note, the others didn't) but I'll be damned if I can remember who was being accused in that case.

Chuck Schumer I believe, some Republican was doing their damnedest to torpedo every prominent Dem possible.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Laterite posted:

I just watched that, and oooweee. :stare:

Based on this thread I made a calculated decision to use the bathroom when it came up and I regret nothing.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

That and the Full Bullpen.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Semi fun story. My wife was born in 1990 and was a huge Selena fan, but being young and not attuned to the news, she was super excited about the Selena movie. And that's how she found she died....

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

zoux posted:

I live in Texas so it didn't occur to me until right now that everyone didn't know who she was.

She was a 90s sensation, age is a reason why you might not know her, but she was more than Texas, she was super popular in the Latin community and was basically a next hit away from being a crossover artist. She was definitely a household name even among most white people.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I am going all in. I saw Adventures of Pluto Nash in theater.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

Just to bring this back to TV so it's not a total derail: HAS ANYBODY ELSE SEEN THE HOLIDAY SEASON OF NAILED IT!?!?!?!?!? :stwoon:

Nicole Byer is a national treasure and someone should give her some dick.

I will forever admire Jason Mantzoukas ability to high jack anything.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

LeafyOrb posted:

Does anyone know of either a thread or person who focuses on discussing foreign tv/movies that you can stream? Since Netflix has started picking up more international media I’ve been watching way more more of that than anything domestic. It’s fun to see other countries takes on different genres and concepts. I’d be curious if other people had recommendations of stuff to watch.

My wife is from Panama so we are always looking for ways to watch new shows from Spain/Latin America. We have a VPN, but if you have a specific show in mind it will be easiear to send instructions.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Iron Crowned posted:

Thinking about it, and how it's Guy Ritchie, I would love it if it was more of a heist movie in that setting.

The first 75% of the movie is him stealing the lamp.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

There has not been a single case report or published journal article about "gerbiling". Its all urban rumours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Edit: wrong thread