Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Real Name Grover posted:

Ah, OK.

It's far from perfect TV and the shark-jumping toward the end was epic (hot takes, I know), but I haven't had cable in years and therefore haven't gotten the fix from syndication. Gonna binge it, why not, it's cold out

It had an episode where one of the doctors lost his hand in a helicopter accident, and then months later ended up being killed by a falling helicopter. This was years before the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.
Yeah, but counterpoint your face is stupid.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Popelmon posted:

It took me a long time to notice this :downs:

How long did it take you to notice the intro changes? That takes most people a bit.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
They could actually adapt the Crow.

I mean the comic itself. It'd be trippy to see on screen, and it's.....very differently paced than the original movie.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Santa Clarita Diet s2 was great

Realators

Man watching the family interact was always a delight.

"I love you very much."
"What the gently caress is that supposed to mean?"
"She's just trying to get in your head, don't listen to her."

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

nate fisher posted:

The backlash to RP1 is a thousand times worse than the book.

I mean lets not say some crazy poo poo we can't take back, it's a really bad book.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

Now they are the subject of many articles from places like The Atlantic and New Yorker talking about how white supremacists are just like us!!! Never seen the media try to humanize them until now.

Yes, but who the gently caress respects the media anymore?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

Only Glee fans fall over themselves over auto tuned poo poo.

Lets not be crazy, hip hop still exists.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Tom Tucker posted:

YES.

It was Psych I was thinking of, thank you so much.

Oh my god I can't even begin to describe what a relief that is.

15 years later and constant poo poo posting in 24, Lost, and Heroes threads was all worth it.

To be fair his dad trained him basically since birth to be the perfect cop, it'd be weirder if he couldn't shoot a gun well. That's basically the entire show, his superpower is parental abuse.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

IRQ posted:

I don't have an answer. Anything seems better than Trumpland.

It's not, Brexit is still arguably stupider than everything Trump has done. It took us about nine seconds to put his entire campaign under investigation, and there have already been arrests. Brexit was just as reactionary and bigoted, and potentially far more damaging to the future of Britain as a whole. For nothing. It was literally "gently caress them foreigners", and the way to gently caress them was to slit your own throat and drown them in your blood. And they did it anyway. Never, ever assume the rest of the world has their poo poo together. It's all just people, and a lot of people are morons.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Rocksicles posted:

How do i find this atheist paradise?

Well I mean his big resolution is eliminating authority figures so he can have children have sex so, you know, not really trading up over the Church.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Who the gently caress would willing click a TvTropes link?

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
Chandler was middle management, dude was easily making more than any of the rest of them. Probably why he didn't quit the job for so many years.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Mu Zeta posted:

They constantly talk about how Pawnee is a dump of a city but every shot outside is incredibly sunny and beautiful and grass and trees everywhere.

That's the half of the city the raccoons don't own.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
I love that there is an entire episode that is just "Joe hears Baba O'Riley for the first time and goes insane on pure happiness".

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

feedmyleg posted:

Stranger Things Season 2 is the worst sort of pandering sequel bullshit I have ever seen. It's basically For The Fans: The Show. I would have a hard time thinking of another show where the writing quality went downhill so quickly between seasons had I not watched the second season of Westworld.

Nah, Steve made a great mom and justified the season.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
She has a fashion line that might legitimately be a billion dollar enterprise, but she doesn't personally own it.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Fringe had some decent moments, but overall is average. It's really uneven. The earlier seasons are mostly episodic and it doesn't really go deep into the mythology stuff until like season 3. Then s4 was sort of a reboot. And s5 was just bad.

I won't say this is the worst opinion ever.

But it's probably top five.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

precision posted:

like i know Witcher 3 is popular but is it really anywhere close to GoT popular?

The most seen episode of GoT was 16 million, and while they are coy about numbers the Witcher 3 was at 10 million sold by 2016, and sales rates have pretty much only gone up since then. Of course a lot of people pirate GoT but, well.....a lot of people pirate games too. There's a reason the company that made it is now a multi-billion dollar company, and it's because the Witcher 3 went crazy stupid hot.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Wheat Loaf posted:

What's the last time a "summer blockbuster" movie* was even nominated? The Fugitive?

* Disclaimer: Yes, I know, Black Panther came out in February.

Dunkirk?

e: If you won't take that, Mad Max.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

precision posted:

NOS4A2 doesn't even work that would be pronounced "nos-four-ay-too"

New England accent.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Shageletic posted:

Early into the season, but I'm finding the show's unending cavalcade of death and frenetic pace to be a little exhausting. Its a very single minded show, in tone and structure, and it would do a little better to allow their characters to breathe a little more.

Which is ironic, bc it seems like Cole was saying it in the show too, I loved how excited he got about whiskey sours. Too bad that only lasted for approximately a line of dialogue.

The show consistently alternates between being horrifically brutal to it's characters, and being incredibly heartwarming to them. Terrible things will happen to them, swiftly followed by amazing things. It also helps that the scope seems to expand as the show goes on, because there are some drat striking shots as the show goes on. And the music game is on point. Like God drat the music game is on point.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

lmao I just mean Luke is a loving Jedi master, then he doesn't use the Force for a while, then he uses a little bit of the Force and that kills him

And Yoda died of being old, and Obi-wan just sat there and took a lightsaber, and Vader barely got touched by some lightning and fell over. Where is this example you have of a great Jedi Master going out like a lion?

They all die stupid.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
He's not wrong that season 3 climbs to the heights of "Not terrible television". It's actually more insulting in a way. It's like "You know that actually competent prestige television thing they were going for? Yeah they totally could have done it at any time".

e: I mean holy poo poo should nobody go on that journey to find that out though.

Mulva fucked around with this message at 10:47 on Nov 24, 2018

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
I mean if you watch it last it ends the night on a cheerful note, where you can go "Yeah, maybe we'll all be lucky and the nuclear fires will come to wipe us out and the misery will one day end." :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011

Toxic Fart Syndrome posted:

I got to about season 3 before I had to quit...it becomes more and more obvious as the show goes on that it is the id of the Trump Voter.

Jack is miserable and dies in a Russian prison, torture ultimately doesn't get as much done as leg work and talking to people, and 24 actually stopped the War on Terror before it happened because it was just a plot by rich white men to make money.

24 seriously hosed up conservatives, no doubt, but no need to give it poo poo it didn't earn.