Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Wait, is it not coming out in theaters anymore? What?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

X-O posted:

Based on Netflix movie history that means this movie is probably really bad.

Also, yes, my first thought was "WB has absolutely no faith in this movie."

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I didn't love the first season but I'm into the idea of changing the actor, and Anthony Mackie's a great pick.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

swickles posted:

OitNB is loving infuriating to watch so far, but I am only two episodes in. If you give even half a poo poo about the issues represented, its hard to watch.

In a good way or a "they're handling this infuriatingly poorly" way?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

lol that show can't die can it

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That's certainly a get. Wonder how he'll fit in, having trouble imagining him in it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Apparently he's playing a mob boss, which makes sense imo. Someone with some kind of larger-than-life persona reads as a better fit than like a Lester Nygaard or a Lou Solverson.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's just a nice movie.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's Fly.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

This is one of my favorites from the past few years:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJEAGd1bQuc

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mu Zeta posted:

Every cartoon thread is like that. The OP of the Avatar thread used to close it when he was angry.

What a monster

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Iron Crowned posted:

I haven't watched American Vandal, but I saw the trailer for season 2. I can't tell if it's a documentary or a parody of a documentary.

It's a parody of true crime series, like the podcast Serial (which gets explicitly namedropped in Season 1) and Making a Murderer.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

https://twitter.com/TheOnion/status/1034527562318393350

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Black Panther is the best MCU movie

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

yes we get it, you're white

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I actually liked Season 2 of Iron Fist, the ending especially is just great dumb fun

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

esperterra posted:

Oh got it just hit me what that means

Lol same, gently caress

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

If Guy Mann is trashing it, it must be good!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It only barely qualifies as that, tbh

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Here's a fun tip for this thread: Don't listen to Guy Mann

Also I finished American Vandal Season 2 and it was very good

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

After reading a review of Maniac I'm not sure I know any more about it than I did beforehand, but it sounds nuts and I'm in for whatever it is.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Yikes. I've heard some big names were attached to some projects for them, though I can't recall any off the top of my head. This could be a disaster.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I watched most of them too and I Feel Bad seemed alright, anyone watch the preview?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

muscles like this! posted:

Remember Heathers? Well it's back, in edited form! The Paramount Network will air the entire first season over the course of a week with two episodes a night starting on the 25th. It will also be available on their website/streaming on the 22nd. Apparently while the rest of the season will have light edits the final two episodes got a chainsaw took to em as the episode count has gone from 10 to 9 with the last two episodes edited down to one.

I'm not sure why they aren't just cutting their losses and just junking the entire thing instead of throwing good money after bad with this.

I'm at NYCC and I was baffled to see this getting promoted there, I had assumed they were memory holing it.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

And I'm one of them!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Here's the first Good Omens trailer, finally:

https://twitter.com/GoodOmensPrime/status/1048589384692289536?s=19

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I'm pretty sure they're only doing one season.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Why didn't anyone mention that Kidding is only 30 minutes? That's honestly a huge selling point in my book.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

muscles like this! posted:

This is probably a stupid question but will you have to have watched the rest of the Netflix Marvel stuff for the new season to make sense? Because I never got around to watching anything but the first two seasons of Daredevil.

I'm pretty sure I saw a headline somewhere saying that this season won't have any crossovers, and all you need to know about Defenders is that Matt "dies" in the last episode with Elektra when a building falls on them, only for him to miraculously appear at the very end unconscious and being nursed back to health.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Season 2 is fine, it's not like, great or anything but I enjoyed it. The thread makes every season sound just a little worse than last time every time they discuss them, so by this point they're acting like it killed their dog.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Man, how bad must it be to get rid of the guy who hosed kids and got fired from his last job for not showing up?

Not that those things are remotely on the same level.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

esperterra posted:

:agreed:

It's not an inherent issue with the episode length itself, it's an issue with most of the writing on the Marvel shows not accomodating for that 13 episodes well.

The problem with the shows generally isn't the number of episodes. It's that they're boring because not much happens in them. Even the good episodes can fall victim to this. I've gone on and on about this, but the solution really is just "write more story." Unless it's a budget issue, in which case lol.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Guilty pleasures are stupid. Like what you like.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

less laughter posted:

mass dyslexia going on ITT (the show is called Disenchantment)

My dad thinks this is the title too and it pisses me off every time.

swickles posted:

They make an 8 episode show into 13.

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh, it burns

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

The Netflix Marvel thread is discussing outright skipping any scenes with characters they don't like in them and it's one of the most infuriating things I've ever read. Like, I get that those shows are often pretty boring, but holy poo poo.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I keep remembering Aggretsuko got a second season and being very pumped about that.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Watching Patriot Act because the AV Club praised it, and I have to agree with them that Hasan Minhaj just seems incredibly good at this. I'm only a few minutes in, but it's great so far for no other reason than him. I haven't gotten really into one of these shows since Jon Stewart left The Daily Show, either.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

precision posted:

I feel like we're splitting hairs on the definitions of prequel and sequel for no purpose other than a pointless slapfight

Dude, you're the one who said BCS isn't a prequel, which is loving absurd by any definition of the word. You don't get to call people out for splitting hairs on that, lol

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Medullah posted:

Is it just Falcon running around with a baggie of dust?

Falcon is also dust, lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

precision posted:

Breaking Bad is almost entirely the story of Walter White. Better Call Saul has nothing to do with Walter White. That's why I said there's a difference between prequel/sequel and "story set in the same universe"

My "splitting hairs" comment only referred to using linear time to define works of art. Cheers isn't a prequel to Frasier because it came out first, it's not a prequel to Frasier because it tells a different story, if that makes sense.

Would you say Frasier is a sequel to Cheers?

Star Wars is almost entirely the story of Luke Skywalker. The Phantom Menace has nothing to do with Anakin Skywalker. It's all about his dumb dad. I guess I see your point, yeah.

e: I'm making fun of you because of how far and how thoroughly BCS goes out of its way at times to set up Breaking Bad.