Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Metalhead was the most edge of your seat poo poo. USS Callister was good black mirror, it was very funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

HA! Herpa Darpa.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

AngryBooch posted:

I actually thought the first episode had some promise but it went astray starting with the reveal about who the real badguys are, and how loving incompetent they are.

Often, the characters do things that are neither in line with their character or make logical sense. At one point, three people decide they need to cover up a murder... of a man who had illegally broken and entered a house while armed with a silenced pistol to murder them all. At one point, a character gets stockholm syndrome in literally 2 hours. Hendrick's character, who we're ostensibly supposed to root for later in the series, wants to blackmail the company she works for to improve her position and threatens a witness's life to do it. She's literally the same as the corporate bad guy.

To be fair she's a traumatised teenage girl with a hunky kidnapper.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Snak posted:

Travelers s2 was pretty good.

Def chexk it out if you liked the first season. If you didn't like the first season, it's not going to change your mind.

It doesn't really shore up any of the flaws, but it keeps doing what it's doing in an great way.

I think it does fix a lot of the flaws. It's miles easier to follow and the story flows a lot better. Especially toward the second half of the season when all the pieces start to fit together.

There are some stellar episodes in season 2.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Regy Rusty posted:

Episode 7 is insanely cool

Amanda Tapping directed that episode, and 8-9 as well as 4.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Ay dios mio!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rarity posted:

And when you stop to think about it, you shouldn't get polar bears in tropical regions
Motherfucker, we got like 5 of them in the Gold Coast.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

less laughter posted:

those are just albino koalas

I'd rather be attacked by a Polar Bear, least i'd be dead and not sliced up and covered in Koala piss.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

muscles like this! posted:

More bad American Gods S2 news, Gillian Anderson has stated that she will not be returning.

I'm out....

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'd still follow Emily Browning down a rabbit hole, i'll probably watch it.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

GobiasIndustries posted:

Started watching Vikings, does the lead actor get better? I've watched 4 eps so far and he's just....:shrug: It's not stopping me from watching the show because the setting is cool and it's well produced but he just doesn't seem to have much range at all.

You'll be eating those words later on.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

-Blackadder- posted:

So I was just watching some random Star Wars universe videos on Youtube and I got a serious itch to explore the tv universe. I was never a prequel fan, so I think I'm gonna skip The Clone Wars. But I'm interested in checking out Rebels and wanted to hear some thoughts on how that show turned out now that it only has a few episodes left before it ends.

I'm curious what kind of show it was general? Episodic or serial drama? I'm really more of serial drama fan. Also like to hear about which episodes/arcs are essential, and which are skipable, etc.

it's mostly serial, I'd help to watch Clone Wars, even if it's just the key episodes. There are some carryover characters.

Rebels is early rebellion, Very Jedi/force heavy. It's great, first season animation is a bit chunky, but it's characters are awesome, including the droids.

Lots of space battles. Stormtroopers, The ship that saves the day in Rogue One gets it's first appearance.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

PriorMarcus posted:

True, but Rebels has, personally, higher highs than Clone Wars. I actually think that the conclusion to a long standing adversarial relationship in that show is my favourite Star Wars moment ever.

No voice over is a huge plus.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cripes mate. I don't deserve that.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mu Zeta posted:

Imagine how long it took to compile all the clips together though

Art's not creepy if you're the artist.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

zoux posted:

Ah that's great news.

Shut your Rathole!

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I think i'm done with that show, it's really depressing how horrible people are.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Regy Rusty posted:

Thread doesn't have couch in the title how am I supposed to imagine us chatting.... standing like barbarians???

Hold up, how did this get past the goalie?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

feedmyleg posted:

If your setup requires a character from the future and also another planet to show up out of nowhere and give the exposition in order for your story to begin because the central character hasn't been born yet, you may not have a good story.

Bruv, that's literally DC 101, page 1.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

nate fisher posted:

Also Patriot season 2 is suppose to be out in 2018.

I thought Patriot was canceled.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Alone Together
with Esther Povitsky and Chris D'Elia, is loving awful millennial awfulness.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Escobarbarian posted:

^^^^^^ dude same i'd forgotten about that line but it's amazing

I can't exactly dispute this but also I really liked the first episode like a whole lot

I like Chris D'Elia a bunch, and him and his horse dick probably love being on the show. But it's so vapid.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

less laughter posted:

it's satire, dummy

I know exactly what it is. It's not for me, at all. I prefer something a bit more subtle.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mameluke posted:

Season 4 of Mr. Robot :(

2019?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Well that's two reliable goons, I'll stick with it.

Season 2 is savage af.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lurdiak posted:

Lethal Weapon is horrible and I can't stop thinking how much I'd rather see Danny Glover on screen.

Your man makes an awesome Riggs though.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Lurdiak posted:

Yeah if everything else in the show including the writing wasn't so terrible he'd be perfect.

How many you watched? 2 or 3?

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

nate fisher posted:

At first I read this as Snow Crash, and I got excited. Still I think Jennifer Connelly is great. Also am I the only one that sometimes flashes back to that horrific scene in Requiem for a Dream when you hear her name?

You loving bastard, i'd gone 699 days without thinking of that movie.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

nate fisher posted:

I've always called it the Ned Beatty effect. You see an actor in a situation so awful or absurd that you can no longer disassociate them from the scene. I have the same problem with Robert Downey Jr thanks to Less Than Zero.

Ok that is good news. That along with the rumors of HBO doing the First Law trilogy makes me happy.

I'm good with the actors, i can separate them from previous work. It's the movie itself. I strike it from record like a bad prawn.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Escobarbarian posted:

First episode of Letterman’s Netflix show, with Obama, is out and it’s fascinating.

I thought Letterman went to the old guy farm with his beard and pigeons.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dunno, they Pirates. Boarding is the goal.

Buy Naval Action, it's totally fun. Water down some Rum and get crazy

http://www.navalaction.com

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jan 13, 2018

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Probably, but it usually ended with Billy Forearms shirtless and covered in blood, that's the hook.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

Letterman's Netflix show is fantastic.

I miss Obama making speeches about stuff.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Don't get my hopes up like that.

Edit: Just wrapped up season 1, pretty good cliffhanger!

Here comes the crazytrain.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rhyno posted:

Season 2 isn't on Netflix yet what am I supposed to do????

I mean, i have answers...

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Isn't she married to a giant black guy? like 7 foot?

Let him rip his arms off.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Medullah posted:

She used to be married to Rick Fox, now she's marrying a rich old white dude

Edit - I know she's a bit older now and older guys/younger girls happens all the time, but man this looks like a daddy/daughter pic -

Oh poo poo, she marrying the Tennis Pro.

Hang on... Armenian, Real Estate, Boston. He's totally "...a friend of ours"

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Medullah posted:

Yeah good point, drat mobile posting. Still, the site I got it from used that as the "these two are dating" picture.

gently caress Scientology is about to become gently caress Cults. Leah's going balls deep.

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/leah-remini-returning-to-ae-to-investigate-other-cult-like-religions/

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Hell yeah, expose all the cults for the poison they are

She's coming for you CineD

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Guy Mann posted:

Man who dedicated his life to whining about the stereotypes surrounding Indian men winds up perpetrating the worst stereotype of all by being a rapist.

Indian men are the worst sexual assaulters in my area, it's a well known problem. But... you can't stereotype. I personally know one guy i work with who accused of rape and i wouldn't put it past him at all. He got caught by my boss on site after hours setting up for a bit of a skulk n jerk watching the neighbour.

Then went back to India and got married to a woman none the wiser.