Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Josh Lyman posted:

For some reason I thought The Good Place was a family drama or something like This Is Us.

Guess I need to check it out.

LOL. Fork you man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Postal Parcel posted:

It's really weird to turn on Fox Sundays and see that Ghosted is back

This is the 2 episodes Fox didn't show last year right? Filler or has the series been resurrected? I'd rather them have keep LA to Vegas and kill Ghosted.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Those were the two best episodes of Ghosted. The scene of them writing on notebooks was well executed and had me laughing aloud. Also the PO box scene was WTF.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Bosch is very well made and keeps getting better but it's fairly standard detective stuff. S1 is one like someone fed every 70s and 80s cop movie and TV series script into a computer and it wrote a new script with the most common plots in descending order.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Iron Crowned posted:

I thought Planet of the Apes was about a planet populated with intelligent apes

Technically that's what all movies are about.
Humans are apes.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

He specified intelligent apes. :v:

Fair point!

Is it just me or are green eyes on Humans this season more robotic than before?

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

HatJudge posted:

I was somewhat disappointed with the first season of Preacher, in that the road movie feel of the comics was absent. I liked the main characters and some of the sub-plots but I felt like they were treading water for most of the season and wished that they'd just hit the road already. With the third season coming up, is it worth it to give season two a shot?

If you felt like S1 was treading water, S2 will feel like they drowned and you are watching them slowly rot. If you don't get my drift, it sucks donkey rear end.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
Really, The Sopranos thread fell into archives? Is this the apocalypse?

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
The new In Search Of... with Zachary Quinto is the worst fake/low effort "documentary" show I've ever seen.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

feedmyleg posted:

I wasn't aware this existed until now, but I want to give a small golf clap to the producer that suggested Quinto.

Might have been Quinto, he's listed as one of the producers. The first ep he interviews an "experiencer" or abductee that tells a story then fails the polygraph and is like, "Sorry I wasted your time." Then some guy who claims to be a chemist says he removed from his toe, a meteorite that sends radio signals. They send it to a forensics lab, it's a piece of steel with dirt on it. There is some cool stuff about SETI. Then they dangle Quinto in a pool of water so he can experience the feeling of being abducted. It's unintentionally hilarious, but in a sad way.

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!

Rocksicles posted:

Vulture team bruh!

Look at those mutherfukin' cheekbones

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wormil
Sep 12, 2002

Hulk will smoke you!
I'm surprised people still watch Lethal Weapon considering it was pretty bad after the first episode. No surprise the cast quit or whatever. Riggs is supposed to be the outlier, the crazy dude in a sane world, but the show was so nonsensical that Riggs was just another leaf in the whirlwind. Some shows are dumb fun (The Last Ship or 911) but some shows treat the audience like dummies and that's LW.