Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

It's a gay minstrel show and set back 20 years of progress. More Six Feet Under, less Will and Grace please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Sinteres posted:

This is really stupid. I mean Hollywood obviously played a big part in making LGBT people sympathetic to the general population, with great results in the 20 years since this show started airing, and it seems insane to make a statement like that about a well liked network comedy with gay characters at a time when that was extremely rare.

Ok then it's just a lovely unfunny show

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Friends is a bad show

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I like subtitles on shows where people mumble a lot like on every British show ever

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The movie is alright. Edward James Olmos plays the dad. The only thing anyone talked about of that movie was J Lo's rear end.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

She's always been a great dancer but her singing is bad

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Iron Crowned posted:

I've never understood how people would she has/had a huge rear end. It always looked good to me :shrug:

Thicc rear end is usually a compliment

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Iron Crowned posted:

It is now, but it was derogatory when she was in The Cell.

Never seen people call her fat or whatever in the 90s. She was a smokeshow then too.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Jim Jeffries covered Black Pete on his show. Can't wait to see the salty Dutch people to come in the comments section talking about mah tradition

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piGzE2cMVqA

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Herzog isn't that great in movies. He couldn't save Jack Reacher and I think they pretty much let him do whatever he wanted in that role. In a Disney show he's not going to do anything interesting.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Love Actually is cringe city. Especially the British guy that moves to the US and gets all these hot chicks.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Oasx posted:

Is Elementary any good? It started around the time that Sherlock was at its peak, and Elementary just seemed like the poor cousin that was trying really hard to be edgy, but I only saw the first episode.

It's as far removed from edgy as possible considering it's a detective procedural on CBS.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

MI movies don't have any story it's just a mcguffin in every movie (get the rabbits foot, get the plutonium, get the noc list!)

It's like trying to care about the plot in Ronin when you know the whole film started out as two car chases and that was it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Oh no

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

MiddleOne posted:

Is this real?

I was initially worried they would use too much CGI when I read Will Smith was the genie but I think it needs way more CGI

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

bull3964 posted:

This happens every time Entertainment Weekly has a photoshoot. They shoot with bright flat lighting so things pop in their articles. They also don't exactly have the movie's director oversee the color grading of the article pictures. There also may very well be missing CG.

Will Smith posted on his Instagram that he will indeed be blue CGI with just voicework for most of the movie. The picture is just his human disguise. I guess they aren't revealing the whole look yet.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Deadwood is real

San Francisco cock sucker!

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

LMM had a good role on The Sopranos as a hotel valet dude. He can be a solid actor.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Aren't there already episodes that are like 90 minutes long

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Only thing I can think of is they'll release it in some theater in Los Angeles for a couple weeks so that they can submit it for some kind of Oscar.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Last Kingdom renewed for season 4. Turns out if you move a show from BBC America to Netflix that it gets a lot more viewers.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

What blows me away is that the actor had to learn Spanish in a few months to play the role. He's Brazilian.

He also had to get fat but that was probably fun.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I want to get paid to eat 60 chicken mcnuggets

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I don't care about 80s music or the 80s in general and I still love that show.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The 80s just seems like everything is sweaty and greasy to me

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Hey there's a sale on the Veronica Mars box set let's see the praise for the show in the comments...

Since when did it become ok to start calling shows "content" like they are just advertisements to be consumed.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Rarity posted:

Since when is Veronica Mars not a feminist show? :psyduck:

Something gamergate?

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Anthony Hopkins counters with a better video

https://twitter.com/AnthonyHopkins/status/1077314641934442496

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

This Is Us is like Parenthood-lite because everything always works out.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yeah for olds

I appreciate shows like Friday Night LIghts and Parenthood where really bad stuff happens and it sucks and the only healing comes from talking to friends and family and even then it will take years before recovery.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Yeah having your first movie you directed when you were like 23 go into the Criterion Collection must have been sweet. That's like Paul Thomas Anderson level of skill.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

She defended some sexual predator guy and attacked the victim and later admitted she was wrong. I think she also molested her little sister and wrote about it somewhere.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Benedict Bandersnatch should get on the case

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

He played a hunky fireman on Third Watch in the 90s and he's even more ripped now.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I'm sure Fox News will start praising him and he and Dennis Miller will go on some whirlwind tour in the bible belt.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Don't watch Jack Ryan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

X-O posted:

Almost 12 years late to the party on this one but is the rest of Veronica Mars S3 as bad as the first four episodes? If so I might just go ahead and call it. That's a lot of hours of TV I don't want to sit through if it doesn't pick up.

What didn't you like about it? Season 3 does have several mysteries so the next one might be more interesting for you.