Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

False
Oct 6, 2003
i have friends who will pull magazine models wearing headphones off of trains without even speaking the same language as them. Friends who will show up in a town after hitchhiking cross country for 3 days without showering and pull two girls working
Amateur questions but can I watch the new Twin Peaks having seen only a few eps of the original (GF has already seen the original and doesn't want to rewatch it? Similar question, can I skip Mr. Robot Season 2 if I saw 1?

False fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Jan 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

False
Oct 6, 2003
i have friends who will pull magazine models wearing headphones off of trains without even speaking the same language as them. Friends who will show up in a town after hitchhiking cross country for 3 days without showering and pull two girls working
How did the X-Files get so awful? Was the greatness of the original just a fluke, is everyone just cynically cashing-in? I keep trying to push through since its one of my most beloved childhood memories but christ, its embarrassing (on the last ep of the 2nd to last season).

False
Oct 6, 2003
I just spent 30 minutes watching Lost in Space thinking wow - they really laid the "retro reboot" feel on thick with this show - also, Gary Oldman, Matt Leblanc, why have I not heard about this?!

... yea, need to be more careful with Netflix search results.

False
Oct 6, 2003

False posted:

I just spent 30 minutes watching Lost in Space thinking wow - they really laid the "retro reboot" feel on thick with this show - also, Gary Oldman, Matt Leblanc, why have I not heard about this?!

... yea, need to be more careful with Netflix search results.

Watched the first episode of the actual show...and then went back to the above movie. Man, that was a lame first ep.

False
Oct 6, 2003

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Whoever said Killing Eve was good was right. We just watched the first two episodes on BBC America On Demand, and it is terrific. Don't sleep on this show. If you like any kind of spy or espionage stuff, you'll love it, plus it has some necessary comic relief that almost all spy and espionage stuff lacks (which is why I've never been a big fan of the genre). Sandra Oh is great in it, and I really like the cast around her.
I agree with Sandra Oh being great. Otherwise its incredibly derivative, there's no "spy" stuff, no real plot or intrigue, and hooray, another show with an impossibly beautiful, genius / savant super-model assassin. If only someone had thought to come up with a show revolving around an independently wealthy, beat of their own drum, genius crime solver / commit-er who is also better inhumanly attractive looking before!

On a more positive note - Utopia rec'd a few pages back is loving awesome. True gem of a cult-show! Great story, well done characters, character arks, moral challenges, and true horror (for humanity) with a great aesthetic.

False fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Apr 22, 2018

False
Oct 6, 2003

X-O posted:

Just finished up the first three episodes of Jack Ryan. It was good, but after Condor set such a high spy show bar just a couple months ago it's just not gonna get to that level probably.

I was so excited for Jack Ryan but its incredibly mediocre. All that pent-up "I want to watch a spy show" energy into waiting for NetFlix/Amazon/Hulu to pick up Condor (I seriously don't understand the economics of making a show for such a small audience - I don't know anyone who uses dish and no one I know has heard of the show).

On a more positive note - thanks to the thread for recommending Joe Pera - absolute favorite new thing I've watched this year!

False fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Sep 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

False
Oct 6, 2003

Shageletic posted:

Watched the 1st episode, completely hacky and uninteresting.

I could see seeing this but its really good.

I'm attracted to the Happyish or Syndoche type of suburban existential misery genre but then always get depressed and check out (I'm dumb).

Kidding is a much better version of this where it understands those existential crises but is also self-aware enough to be genuinely lovely, caring, and hopeful at the same time. Its really great!