Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

bull3964 posted:

The first half of the second season of Frisky Dingo isn't as funny now that it happened in real life.

It's tough to decide which is more prescient: that half season, or the Critic episode where Duke runs for president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

God can everyone loving stop talking about Banshee?

...there’s so much new TV I should be watching and you’re just making me want to rewatch it.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

radlum posted:

It was basically The Soup but with Netflix jokes instead of E! jokes. I enjoyed it just fine; I hope we get some callbacks to The Soup

Well we did get One-Piece Man in a stinger scene, so hopefully more to come.

Also the closing credit song was phenomenal.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

precision posted:

Hey remember the SLAP

Thank you for an excuse to look up and post this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mm_niiQfeWc

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Even after all these episodes I still don’t know the actual premise of Vanderpump Rules, and I hope I never do.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

While I can understand the reasons why not, I really wish more people would have given Leftovers S1 a full watch because drat there are emotional moments. Seeing the dog come walking up at the end of the finale still absolutely wrecks me. It takes the season to build up to everything in the finale but it pays off.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

Conan O'Brien is switching to a 30 minute format in 2019.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/conan-obriens-tbs-late-night-show-reduced-hour-2019-1108293

He wants to tour much more and this lets him do that. They are also going to put his entire catalog of late night shows (including NBC ones) online.

I feel like a moron but I am psyched to watch HD clips of the Walker Texas Ranger lever.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

After the first episode of AP Bio months ago I really wasn't feeling it and had a lot of the same (albeit whiny) complaints I've seen passed around here, but since it got the season 2 renewal I figured I should give it another chance. After another two episodes I'm hooked. It's not necessarily top tier, but there's enough great moments spread throughout that it'll be a background show at work for me. I don't know why it I find it so funny, but I'm sitting here after the episode ended still laughing at the simplicity of

"Oh, the ram's name is Pam? . . . All rams are male. "
"Pam's a trans ram."

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I just caught up on this season of Flash the other day (ugh that got to be a slog in parts), should I do the same for Arrow? I didn't even start the season yet, all I know about it is the very general joking about the villain in the Flash thread.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

God dammit, every single one of those trailers is now doing the thing I hate more than anything: the first 3-4 seconds in the video is a teaser for the rest of the trailer. I know what video I'm watching, it's on the screen you don't need to remind me.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Huh. So apparently Daemon Lindelof posted on Instagram all about the new HBO Watchmen series. It's not adapting the original comic or using any of the characters, just set in the same universe.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

LadyPictureShow posted:

Is ‘NoEnd House’ the season with John Carroll Lynch? I love that guy.

While I personally thought No End House started off strong but fizzled majorly at the end, John Carroll Lynch at least kept being awesome throughout and is great.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Mu Zeta posted:

Jamesons doesn't taste nearly as good as McNulty makes it look

Jameson straight: vomit inducing

Jameson on the rocks: soothing nectar of the gods

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I know I'm a week or two late to the big Bosch talk in the thread, but it's such a marvel of television in terms of defying expectations. For the first half of season four, I was enjoying things but in the back of my mind I was irrationally angry they kept going back to the KTK with no payoff. And no matter what actual payoff happened, it couldn't be worth the constant cutaway from a much better story.

And then . . . the turn. And I became giddy every episode to see the next part of it. Perfect.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LV0wTtiJygY

Cael fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Aug 25, 2018

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

pentyne posted:

That really shouldn't be emphasized as something he should pay reparations for because all it does is reinforce the mentality that Chappelle had that maybe those women just had "brittle spirits" and it shouldn't have been an actual obstacle to a "dream.

While I'm not entirely dismissing your core point, let's not take our cues from the guy who in his recent specials is still going "what is UP with those trannys, huh?" and thinks being transgender is a choice.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Bruceski posted:

"Gooey" and "scuzzy" were how we pronounced it back in my high school computer lab and everywhere else I can recall at least until 2005-ish. Is this a generational thing?

I’m genuinely confused as to any OTHER way to pronounce then. I work in IT now and everyone says them that way, both old and young.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

esperterra posted:

God I miss MADtv.

e: lmfao that tori jab A+

It sucks that there isn’t really any way to legally (or hell even :filez:) get some of the seasons. I would absolutely marathon that, a perfect background show.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Speaking of guilty pleasures, Mayans MC is definitely scratching that itch right now. It’s so loving stupid most of the time but I grin like an idiot when there’s some fart rock starting up and the Mayans ride off to start some shenanigans.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I don't know what it is, but I feel like this season has given us way more insufferable threads than usual. IASIP and South Park have been really bad and now Good Place is falling off a cliff (but hopefully will right itself by the next ep).

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Regy Rusty posted:

The last episode of The Good Place was great I thought we were just saying the thread was bad not the show :confused:

Yeah, sorry that I even for a second made it sound like I was talking about the quality of the actual show! I'm loving Season 3 even though some people were a little less into most of the episodes before this week. Was referring to thread quality only.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

It’s also closer to an EW cover photo than an actually well lit and composed scene out of the show. I think when you actually see a real sample and not just 10 seconds in a darkly lit room it’ll have more of a rugged quality.

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

esperterra posted:

they were sooo ridiculous. So were the promos for next week.

Thank you for an excuse to look this up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11tDOKOlLJY&t=129s

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Rhyno posted:

TF4 is kind of amazing. Kelsey Grammer, Stanley Tucci, Titus Welliver. Like drat, that's some amazing casting.

I would pay money for someone to rip TF4 and then edit down the movie to just a 10-15 minute cut of only Stanley Tucci scenes.

ALGORITHMS! MATH!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

Davros1 posted:

Serious question: how many of the M:I movies have the "falsely accused now they're on the run" storyline? It was at least 3, right?

It’s probably conflating the legitimate “falsely accused” with a “X just happened and you need to lay low, you’re off the case Hunt / you’re off YOUR CASE, Chief!”