Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Happy 2018!

So I'm going to try and see if we can live without specific TV shows being banned from discussion in this thread. This will probably last a day but at least we tried.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Regy Rusty posted:

Thread doesn't have couch in the title how am I supposed to imagine us chatting.... standing like barbarians???

In a big pile like Sea Lions.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Beware
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDGWytTLosI

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Looking up something unrelated on IMDB and I just learned that there's going to be a new British TV adaptation of the Moomin stories with a hell of a cast.

Taron Egerton - Moomintroll

Kate Winslet - Mrs. Fillyjonk

Rosamund Pik - Moominmamma

Richard Ayoade - The Ghost

Matt Berry - Moominpappa

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Unfortunately I believe they've said Good Omens isn't airing until next year.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is just a mini.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

More bad American Gods S2 news, Gillian Anderson has stated that she will not be returning.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You know, I would be okay if The Last Man on Earth stopped doing an established story and would just move over to stand alone anthology stories.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

This week's episode was their seasonal "introduce a new character and show what they were doing during the apocalypse." This time with Fred Armisen as a nice doofus (who is actually a cannibal serial killer) and how he ended up in Mexican prison.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Even up to 2013 he was still doing crappy roles on crappy TV shows.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

My favorite thing about season 1 of Eagleheart is how the guy playing the boss spent an entire season with a fake gut and his cheeks puffed out just so they could do a joke about him losing weight in the finale.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

Did you know: there are only 50 Canadian actors and they are forced to be in every genre show on Tv.

I can't tell if they're just re-using Canadian actors or if they're being ironic casting a bunch of actors who were main characters in Continuum in small parts in Travelers.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

zoux posted:

Casting Christopher Heyerdahl as a mute though smh

He talks a lot more in S2.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hulu has won the fight for Clooney's Catch 22 miniseries.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The thing that confuses me about that Viva Laughlin clip is that they knew they were making a musical, why the hell didn't they cast a guy who could actually sing?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPos66MpHe8

I'm assuming this is going to be good solely because I like all those actors but we'll see.

I'm surprised this is finally actually coming out. This has been one of those in development forever shows.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yeah, it's pretty good. One of the last books Dan Simmons wrote before going completely broke brained. It's kind of an odd duck though as it is meticulously researched and historically accurate and then a giant monster shows up.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Watching The Gifted on Hulu and they for some reason screwed up last night's episodes. Fox aired two episodes but Hulu only showed me the first one and then said I was all caught up. Digging into the episode list and they also had another episode that was both episodes smashed together.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Arist posted:

Apparently the new American Crime Story is good, thank gently caress.

Although I guess the commercials are kind of misleading as it is supposed to focus more on the guy who did the killing than just the Gianni Versace thing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Unrelated but I read something interesting about Adult Swim's newest show, Hot Streets. Apparently the only reason it exists is because Justin Roiland went to bat for it with Mike Lazzo as they originally passed on the pilot. Roiland originally saw it when it was part of Channel 101, he fell in love with how weird it was and agreed to do a voice on it to help it get made.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I still don't understand why they tried to go full Shannarra when they could have done the prequel Word and Void series. Which has a much more TV friendly premise in that it was set in the modern day and followed a magical knight-errant who saw the future whenever he slept and used this to try and stop evil schemes. Even his magic powers were TV friendly in that he had reasons not to use them constantly and only brought them out as a last resort.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

One thing I Didn't like about VH S2 was how they doubled down on all the vampire culture stuff, which was the worst part of season 1.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Spatula City posted:

Is there a point where The Orville actually figures out what the gently caress it wants to be? Because, four episodes in, it's mildly enjoyable, but it's mostly Diet Coke Star Trek With Jokes and a Bigger Budget.

none of the characters have really clicked yet, and the guys that run navigation and weapons are EXTREMELY IRRITATING. also the crew has two humorless aliens, lol. I guess one is sassy and the other is constipated, but it still seems a bit redundant.
also I enjoy Norm McDonald's vocal appearances, but I don't know that I'm here for a blob man persistently sexually propositioning the ship's doctor.

They've already stated that for season two they're going to scale back on the joke stuff. Basically he said it will still be a humorous show but they don't feel like they have to be constantly joking any more.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I'm kind of surprised that TNT is still doing The Librarians seeing as it completely goes against their recent push for more "prestige" TV.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god.

MATT BERRY IS GOING TO BE IN FX'S ADAPTATION OF WHAT WE DO IN THE SHADOWS.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Jemaine Clement and Taika Waititi are both attached with Clement writing and Waititi directing the pilot at least. The other main actors are Kayvan Novak, Natasia Demetriou and Harvey Guillen.

I'm just really excited for more Matt Berry, he's one of my favorite comedic actors.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Man, The Alienist is one expensive looking show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It doesn't really matter what the internet thinks as the general public was all over season 3. According to Adult Swim it was their highest rated show ever.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While there's no network attached Margaret Atwood's MaddAddam trilogy is being developed for TV. The book series is about a world ruined by climate change and mega corps.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Josh Lyman posted:

Is Rick and Morty actually a good show? I haven't seen a minute of it.

Do you like Dan Harmon stuff because it is very Dan Harmon.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It was Interdimensional Cable 2.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lance Reddick has always been really funny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaWa4ScfQXc

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

CW's Charmed reboot is moving forward with a pilot ordered but one major change from the original announcement, which was that it was going to be a prequel series set in the 70s. Well, they've ditched that and instead it will be modern day and feature characters who are unconnected to the original show.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Looten Plunder posted:

Forgive my Eric Andre Show ignorance but is this a Between Two Ferns style thing or are they not actually in on it?

Some people are in on it but some are just showing up because their agent pushed to get them on any "talk show" they could and didn't do their research.

Rule of thumb for Eric Andre Show, is it a comedian? Then they knew it was going to be a joke show. Is it a reality show star? They had no clue.

The other major thing about Eric Andre is that even if someone knew that it was going to be a joke show Eric Andre still went out of his way to mess with them. For example Howie Mandel was on because he was a fan but they did a bunch of stuff specifically because they knew it would mess with him, like putting a dead squid under the chair.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 00:34 on Jan 29, 2018

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

He knew beforehand that they did things specifically to make their guests uncomfortable so those kind of shenanigans had to be expected. You also have things like the lead singer of 311 being waterboarded or Jack Black being electrocuted multiple times.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Happy! got renewed. Although unless this week's finale ends on a cliffhanger I'm not sure where they could go with a second season.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I have no idea what Dirty Money is.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Speaking of Netflix, Altered Carbon drops this Friday. Looking forward to it, even though I wasn't the biggest fan of the book.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Yo, I know it is definitely not for everyone but I'm really digging Hot Streets.

"We know Chubby killed a kid!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It's pretty shady and they haven't fired him or anything, just put him on suspension until they investigate whether or not he's done other shady poo poo.