Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPos66MpHe8

I'm assuming this is going to be good solely because I like all those actors but we'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I was a bit surprised when I learned Jared Harris's name. For some reason I was expecting Nigel or something more British sounding

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Van Helsing is so, so good.

How does it compare to Wyonna Earp?

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I was craving some more period drama so I gave Turn: Washington's Spies a chance. I think I only made it through the first 2, but it seems decent enough. There are 4 seasons on Netflix, does this show get really bad or anything? I hate the empty feeling of not having a good show to watch at night, so I'm low key excited to have found something several seasons long I haven't watched yet. Speaking of shows like that(several seasons currently out), I really need to try Rectify again at some point. The first episode bored me to tears.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Someone recently asked about Frankenstein Chronicles and no one replied. I'm curious myself. Is at all in the same league as Penny Dreadful?

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
Isn't The Bridge(the swedish one) supposed to be pretty good? I may give it a shot soon. Not sure if I'm digging The Frankenstein Chronicles or not yet.

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005

nate fisher posted:

I know I’m going to feel like an idiot but what is ACS?

American Crime Story I think. I still haven't watched any of that yet, but I may give it a shot for my new crime show. I'm not sure I'm going to finish s4 of The Killing, I heard it gets kind of bad.

Also question about Frankenstein Chronicles, I'm only a couple episodes in Is there any supernatural elements to this, or is it just a regular murderer inspired by Frankenstein?

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
So I finally went ahead and got Hulu for Handmaid's and Line of Duty which someone said was pretty good. Is there anything else on there anyone might suggest? I don't really like comedy/episodic shows. I saw 11/22/63 and put it on my list, iirc a lot of people liked that. What about a few other of those hulu originals? Worth a watch?

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
So what is Little Drummer Girl? Full on drama? drama/comedy? Does it have musical stuff or is that just my mind filling in gaps because of the title? All I know is it involves spy stuff apparently.

Man a few months ago I felt like I didn't have anything good to watch and now I'm mired in shows to watch. Frontier S3(I know a lot of you guys don't like it), Last Kingdom S3, Daredevil S3, Bodyguard, and definitely 2 or 3 more that I'm not remembering right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
dang, i guess i'm back to no shows to watch again. thanks esc!