Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

This first episode of Black Mirror Season 4 sure is loving terrible & I hope it picks up after this lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So far Metalhead is the only episode of Black Mirror Season 4 I've enjoyed at all, though I'm like 10 minutes into Black Museum now so I'm not done yet.

e: Holy poo poo, is this the guy who played Bania in Seinfeld?!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mu Zeta posted:

That Han Solo movie is ostensibly coming out in 4 months and we haven't even seen a trailer yet. I have more faith in that lovely looking Krypton show.
lmao it'll be a goddamn miracle if that thing is any good

I certainly have no interest in seeing it, though, and I say that as a Star Wars fan of almost 3 decades.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Escobarbarian posted:

Aren’t you one of the weird monsters who doesn’t like Last Jedi

but yeah no way Solo is good. I had faith despite myself when it was Lord/Miller, but now? Forget it.
Yeah, no more Lord/Miller and The Last Jedi sucking has killed any interest I would've had in Solo.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I wanted to like it! I got my ticket months ahead of time and was looking forward to it from basically the moment TFA ended opening night in theaters, so for 2 years. I just didn't like anything about it. Thought I was being too hard on it, so I saw it again and still thought it sucked v:shobon:v

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

DivisionPost posted:

I’ve never wanted to kill a man more in my life.

Kramer is currently the stunt coordinator for Star Trek: Discovery and Westworld.

12 years old. He molested her and then he broke her ribs. That rat gently caress.
Can we please have a TVIV meetup to go murder this guy

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rocksicles posted:

gently caress Scientology is about to become gently caress Cults. Leah's going balls deep.

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/leah-remini-returning-to-ae-to-investigate-other-cult-like-religions/
Hell yeah, expose all the cults for the poison they are

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rocksicles posted:

She's coming for you CineD
I'm 'bout it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ayRpOLrghos

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I posted the link about the Aziz story on my Facebook and then a couple people I know came to his defense and said the girl was full of poo poo and was asking for it and was abused intentionally for fame and money and to ruin Aziz's career.

I really loving hate some of the people I know.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The Good Place is in the Lodge, and it can't leave. Write it in your diary.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I like how even the dude who wrote the literal book on dating in the modern world and enlisted the help of sociologists and university professors and poo poo and spent years researching to do so couldn't stop himself from being a piece of poo poo to a woman despite her giving clear signals that she was uncomfortable. Way to go, douchebag.

Also I'm on multiple dating sites and I audibly groan every time I see a profile containing his stupid "Going to Whole Foods, want me to pick you up anything?" line, and I see profiles like that often :rolleyes:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rhyno posted:

I'm starting to believe that if you're a dude and you're incredibly vocal about women's right we should assume you're a piece of poo poo.
gently caress, maybe I should talk less then :smith:

I'm a dude and vocal about women's rights but I also know I'd loving hate myself if I ever put a woman in a position of feeling super uncomfortable and scared like that.

Well, more than I already do.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Santa Clarita Diet is something I watched all of but had literally escaped my memory entirely until I just saw its name mentioned. It was just that memorable!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

GreenNight posted:

I've never seen an episode of Seinfeld, but I was taken to his standup which I thought sucked.
You should really change this. His standup kinda blows, but the combo of him and Larry David together and the chemistry between them and Jason Alexander and Michael Richards and Julia Louis-Dreyfous was god tier.

There are 180 episodes of Seinfeld, and like...at least 150 of those are all-time classics.

Rageaholic fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Jan 16, 2018

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Iron Crowned posted:

NO dogs are good dogs :catbert:
I hope you know this invalidates everything you say from this point on for the rest of your life

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The first episode of ACS Versace was...nothing standout or impressive, but I'll hang in there for a few episodes at least to see how this plays out. People v OJ Simpson was loving stellar television.

It also might not help that I don't think I was ever conscious of the real world story this is based on happening. I don't think I ever remember hearing Cunanan's name until this Modest Mouse song came out, actually :haw:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ai6CSj6YDk

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

See, I'm way more down for an ACS about Katrina because I lived through that. I was in New Orleans at the time it happened, evacuated, came back and I'm in New Orleans now. I would probably already be familiar with a lot of the names/characters having lived here, and the show would resonate with me extra hard because I watched the local news a ton around that time and saw all that poo poo play out in real life.

The same would've been true for OJ, but I was a kid when it happened. I was always aware of it, though. With Gianni Versace, I was never even aware of his story.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Knowing Murphy, he tends to play things up/exaggerate, so it could go either way honestly. It could be hilarious or it could be offensive.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

swickles posted:

That's like saying a terrorist attack is nowhere near the level of 9/11.
Well for as terrible as all terrorist attacks are, let's be real: they happen all the time (to varying degrees of severity) and a lot of them don't have the lasting effects on a global scale that 9/11 did.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

precision posted:

e: American Crime Story: Vice City
That's the only reason I instantly recognized that hotel exterior hahaha

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ugly In The Morning posted:

:stare:

The fact he tried to keep running after that is hardcore.
Scientology = PCP confirm/deny

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

They sure designed their website with the intention of giving me the slightest idea of who the gently caress they are or what they do

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

So is Rose McGowan right? Is this some conspiracy that goes all the way to the top? Because that wouldn't be all that surprising given what's taken place in the past couple months.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:stare:

I seriously hope she turns into The Bride IRL and takes violent revenge on everyone who's wronged her

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

STAC Goat posted:

I haven't seen Cloverfield Paradox yet (maybe right after I'm done here) but like at this stage I'm just assuming that JJ Abrams has figured out how to do whatever weird movie he wants under the guise of an anthology series pretending to be somehow connected to each other.

And honestly, I'm kind of impressed at the scam. Especially with the meta aspect of the "Cloverfield" name's origins.
At least this one had the decency to be connected to the original. 10 Cloverfield Lane sure as hell wasn't, though it was a better movie than this one.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I used to love Star Wars as a kid.

I loved The Force Awakens and Rogue One.

But I think I loving hate Star Wars now.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Escobarbarian posted:

Ok wait I knew you didn’t like Last Jedi but disliking Last Jedi while loving Rogue One is some next-level insanity
A New Hope - owns
Empire Strikes Back - owns
Return of the Jedi - owns
The Phantom Menace - poo poo
Attack of the Clones - poo poo
Revenge of the Sith - poo poo
The Force Awakens - owns
Rogue One - owns
The Last Jedi - poo poo
Solo - looks like poo poo
Anything Star Wars made by the Game of Thrones people - probably poo poo

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Big Mean Jerk posted:

That time has already come for everyone who isn’t an internet contrarian who just wanted another Force Awakens style OT retread
I didn't want a retread of the OT. I wanted a good Star Wars movie, but alas
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82zY9oAIu7A

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Was Han Solo a child soldier? Because that would suddenly take my interest from 0 to 100.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

swickles posted:

Well, either that or during the wars. Unless Luke and Han are really close in age or something, but I have always been under the assumption Ham had a good 15- 20 years on Luke
Mmmmmm, Ham Solo...

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

precision posted:

Solo is gonna be good
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r5g_gs6nnyo

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzZrctQcNf8

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Gonz posted:

In our lifetimes, ranch will be legalized.
Only after 311 has been investigated!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Josh Lyman posted:

Also Stephen fake drinks so hard. You see him raise the glass to his lips but the liquid level is always the same when he sets the glass back down.
Well he is hosting a CBS show :v:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

The last thing I heard about the youngest kid from Home Improvement was that he turned into a total hippie. Went full vegan, was working in sustainable farming, married someone like twice his age (although I think they got divorced), etc.

I'm pretty sure he hasn't done any acting since Home Improvement ended or shortly after.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/971763423854854145

You might be surprised to learn this is somewhat of an Online Controversy
I'm not sure I have it in me to care about another new Star Wars thing anymore

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

muscles like this! posted:

Seth Green sure has a lot of gray in his beard.
I'd much rather have gray hair than no hair :smithicide:

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Escobarbarian posted:

I am 27 years and almost 9 months!! And I know there’s at least a couple TVIVers a few years younger than that.
I think we're approximately the same age :hfive:

I'll be 28 in July.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Escobarbarian posted:

Same!!! the 7th

I always assumed you were a little older than me (partly because you’re a way better poster than me) but that’s really cool
Pfffffft, no I'm not haha. Thank you, but you're easily a higher quality poster than I am :love:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

muscles like this! posted:

I just got a 55 inch TV and I really don't know how people go bigger than this because it is freaking huge.
Same but with the 49 inch TV I got last week. I'm using it in a bedroom, though. I guess I understand getting something bigger than this in a big living room or something, but in a bedroom, this seems like the biggest TV that should be in here.

My bedroom is basically doubling as a movie theater now. I got one of those TCL Roku TVs that's just over $300, but still, it's 4K with HDR, and somehow the HDR looks good enough to make me believe I'm in a loving theater when I'm watching movies on this thing.

I don't know how you even get better than this. I mean I'm sure it's possible with OLED TVs and stuff, but drat. This is simultaneously the best TV I've ever owned and it was cheap as gently caress too.