Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I have no idea what is going on with this letter, but she sounds like a goddamn loon.

Why is she so furious?

Also, thanks thread. I didn’t realize ACS was back. Is it mostly centered on Andrew Cunnanan leading up to his killing spree and murder of Versace?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Escobarbarian posted:

All the reviews say so, yeah. Except it jumps around in the timeline a bit. I think it starts after the Versace murder and then goes back to cover the rest.

Oh, word. I hadn’t looked at any reviews since I didn’t realize it was already back. I was pretty jazzed when I saw the cast listing a few months back.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Shageletic posted:

Some news host went after a woman recounting an awful sexual experience that can be seen as sexual assault for complaing about it, the 22 year old here is the woman who reported the story.

The reporter went overboard with her response, but I agree with her whole heartedly. That takedown by the host was deplorable.

Ahhhhh, gotcha. Didn’t realize a news host was ripping into the woman that came forward. Reading that, I misunderstood and thought they were asking for an on-air interview with the reporter and had maybe said something negative about the accuser in an email. I’m probably just dumb and bad at reading.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

DivisionPost posted:

Lethal Weapon is really loving good.

Look, all I want to know is does Murtaugh sit on a bomb-rigged toilet?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

https://www.google.com/amp/collider.com/hap-and-leonard-season-3-cast-images/amp/

Hap and Leonard season 3 is coming out in March! I’m pumped because for some reason I thought it got cancelled after S2. Kind of wish it was on a channel other than Sundance TV though.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

:getin:

E: is there a website that fact checks the episodes of ACS? I feel like one site did that for the OJ season. The guy trying to sell the crime scene photo and the woman dipping a Versace ad in the pool of blood were absolutely ghoulish, but I’m sure people are actually that loving depraved when it comes to celebrity deaths.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Jan 21, 2018

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Anybody else watching Grace and Frankie S4? It’s a fun show, but it seems like it might be considered a show for ‘olds’ since the main cast are mid-to-late 70s.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Eezee posted:

The fact that I never head anything about that show makes me think that it has to be pretty bad. The cast looks pretty good though.
Would you recommend it?

I really like it. Season 1 is on Netflix, and I think you can still watch Season 2 on AMC. They’re based of Joe Lansdale novels, and Williams and Purefoy play off each other well.

I hadn’t heard of it either until Netflix but like I said Sundance channel. Also each season is only six episodes so it’s not a huge time sink if you try out the first season and decide it’s not your cup of tea.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

GreenNight posted:

Fear the Walking Dead.

S3’s showrunner actually turned that poo poo around. So of course they got rid of him.

And now they’re going to be doing a crossover and I think Gimple’s now in charge of Fear :sigh:

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Jan 22, 2018

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

precision posted:

That performance is one of the most human things on television, especially in season 2 with the romance plot. The Mattress King was amazing.

Louie Anderson as Christine is seriously one of the sweetest portrayals of a mom I’ve seen on tv in a really long time. The hospital episode from season one was honestly really touching, and not something I expected from a show whose premise is ‘Zach Galifinakis is a failed clown working in a rodeo and his mom is played by Louie Anderson in drag’

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

muscles like this! posted:

Lance Reddick has always been really funny.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BaWa4ScfQXc

Can anybody explain why they find Eric Andre funny?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Baskets is still killin it. And I love that they’ve kept Christine’s boyfriend as a character.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

If you’re buying followers, are they bots that will endlessly like and retweet your stuff, falsely inflating your ‘reach’?

It seems a silly thing for people to tut their fingers over, even if that’s what it means.

Yeah until I got to the end of that headline I was thinking ‘Roeper’s a groper?!’

It makes me think of that Onion article, something along the lines of ‘Nation can’t bear to finish headline that begins with ‘Kidnapped child found...’

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 22:42 on Jan 30, 2018

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Ahhh, gotcha. Thanks for explaining. Never got into twitter, so I didn’t realize you can get money from that.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

precision posted:

Jack McCoy, unless I'm misremembering, slept with literally every female assistant DA he worked with, so he's probably gonna be the villain of the week in SVU.

Ohhhhhhhh shiiiiiiiiit!

‘Ripped from the headlines’: Ex DA Jack McCoy accused of sexual misconduct!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Sorry if this has been asked and answered already, I fell like 140 pages behind in this thread.

Is Kimmy Schmidt’s season split in half? And is this the final season?

I thought it was a big step up from S3, which I didn’t really like that much (aside from Boobs in California), and I lost it at ‘Oh I don’t deliver, I digornio’

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Are those Channel Zero seasons worth checking out? I held my horses when I saw they were based on ‘creepypastas’ and had to explain what those were to my friends.

Speaking of SyFy, the final season of Face Off started, and I made a thread about it... without seeing if anyone still actually watched Face Off.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

clown shoes posted:

It's still better horror than American Horror Story.

Hell, I’ll check it out based on this summary alone (and I’m guessing with only six eps, it doesn’t have time to go up its own rear end, unlike AHS).

Thanks for the input guys!

Is ‘NoEnd House’ the season with John Carroll Lynch? I love that guy.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

bull3964 posted:

Netflix renewed Castlevania for a third season before the second one aired.

Did they even really accomplish anything in S1 aside from getting the team together? Voice work was good, but I didn’t find it that great.

Plus, Ellis took out Grant because he thought he had a stupid name and didn’t know why a pirate would be in the area. I always played as Grant.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Davros1 posted:

C'mon Netflix, pick up Hap & Leonard

Did it get cancelled?!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Davros1 posted:

Yeah, it did. I mean, it was only Sundance's high-rated and most critically acclaimed show.

...those motherfuckers.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Anybody know when the new season of Glow drops?

I’ve been seeing reviews about how good it is, but it isn’t up on Netflix, so I’m guessing they got screeners beforehand.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Arist posted:

The only thing I'm not really feeling at all this season is Dolores' story. It feels kind of one-note.

:same:

I’m getting so tired of the Dolores parts, and I wasn’t a huge fan of Maeve’s super-powers stuff, but the latter got a bit better.

Just give us more Ghost Nation.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I liked how the Netflix seasons of longmire would have the case of the week sometimes be 2-3 episodes.

I petered out by the end of S4 and didn’t watch 5, but I did like things like some suspects/characters from a ‘case of the week’ popping back up several seasons later.

Like that vet with PTSD and her husband they encountered in one season, the husband crossed paths with them in that episode where warehouses and trucks were being held up a few seasons later.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Popelmon posted:

PSA: Detroiters is back!

Hell yeah, I love Detroiters. That episode with Kevin Nash in S1 was my favorite in an already hilarious season.

I watched S1 of The Last OG this week, and I thought it was pretty funny.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

zoux posted:

Ozark season 2 is out August 31. Also Luke Cage is out today! Sepinwall hates it!

Also the second season of The Terror:

First season will be hard to top, especially since it won't have excellent source material to draw on, but they did such a good job they've earned the benefit of the doubt, I think.

If they go hard into Japanese spirits/mythology, it could be pretty cool, considering it talks about internment camps and also into the Pacific theater. I doubt it’ll top the first season, but I really think S1 was lightning in a bottle.

Of course some morons are already foaming at the mouth ‘rabble rabble rabble some people will stoop to any low to capitalize on the current political climate!’ :rolleyes:

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

zoux posted:

Yeah I doubt they came up with the idea just this week. Hopefully they do the ghost the Koopa Troopa is based on! I'm sick of long haired pale girls in white dresses ghosts.

Kappas?

Pfft, you’re thinking too small, friend-o! The guards of an internment camp are being hunted by a bloodthirsty shirime

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Erotic Wakes posted:

I don't get it.

There was a thread in GBS about crazy FB comments by horny Indian men. Most of them were comments on women’s pics like ‘big nipples big life’ ‘show bobs’ ‘show vagene’ ‘lovely milks’

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Escobarbarian posted:

Lived with a girl from India for a year and a half and yeah that poo poo is very widespread

See also: messages I would get back when I was on OKC.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

Kappa are loving terrifying, what are you talking about

if you find one in the water and don't have a cucumber to give it, it'll literally reach into your rear end in a top hat and rip your entire intestinal tract out

e: or you can bow to it and it'll bow back and accidentally dump all the water out of its head-dish, leaving it effectively powerless... and if you then refill the water, the kappa owes a life debt to you and has to serve you

Japanese folklore is loving bonkers in places

An old Japanese man is killed by uncaring internment camp guards.

One night, one of the camp guards, Smithers, goes missing. A pile of entrails are found not far from where he was last seen, but no body.

Several nights later, in the fog, a junior guard, Ayers, sees who he thinks is his missing friend. He cautiously approaches...

‘Smithers? Is that you?’
He smiles and says nothing, hands moving to undo his belt buckle, pants falling to the ground. He turns around, bends over...
*closeup up Ayers’s eye, widening in shock*

-cut to intro-

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Erotic Wakes posted:

OK but what does that have to do with Indian people not liking making fun of Gandhi?

It’s irrefutable proof that Indian men are terrible horndogs, so Ghandi being portrayed as a party boy in Clone High probably wasn’t fat off, is the point people were getting at.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Alhazred posted:

Richard Benjamin ’The Old Man’ Harrison from Pawn Stars is dead.

You scared me for half a second when I saw ‘Richard Benjamin’.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

bull3964 posted:

Surprising no one, Ghosted is cancelled. I rather enjoyed it, but oh well.

Ah man. It wasn’t ‘must watch tv’, but it always gave me a few sensible chuckles with how Craig Robinson and Adam Scott played off each other. They had so much goofy chemistry.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I absolutely loved S2 of GLOW; Bash’s subplot made me really :smith: though.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Whoever recommended Claws in this thread, I appreciate it. The show’s great.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Milo and POTUS posted:

Not with the direction they might be taking it, no.

Lance reddick just showed up like that.

Lance Reddick punching a hole in the desk and then doing that song was a thing of beauty. IIRC Eric Andre wasn’t expecting at least the punch.

Lance is a national treasure. Hell, I named two pet fish after the guy.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Milo and POTUS posted:

He's fricking rad. He's very talented all around and has a sweet rear end voice.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=iMv43Q5VxH8

This is still one of my favorite Lance Reddick vids.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Shageletic posted:

I've caught snippets of this show. I'm actually put on edge by how much I don't care about the lifestyles of the rich and miserable. This show isn't for me, is it?

e:

I'm a sucker for the subject matter. The way that people were/are treated in the AIDs crisis always makes me emotional.

HBOGo might still have And The Band Played On up. It was that TV movie from 1993 about all the groups working to figure out just what the Hell the HIV virus was and their efforts to fight it. Everybody was in it. Richard Gere did a part that was literally like, five minutes of screen time, that’s how big the project was to a lot of people.

That was a rough watch, particularly the parts with the Gay community and when they realize blood transfusions were spreading it.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Vanderdeath posted:

Napoleon Dynamite came out right when I entering college and boy howdy I got extremely sick of it within months.

When I started college, it was the heyday of Chuck Norris ‘jokes’. My senior year of HS was the ‘WHAT?! OH-KAY!’ poo poo.

poo poo got real old before it even peaked in its popularity.

In addendum to that, God how many of us lived through that ‘Whazuuuuuuup?’ thing? Probably all of us.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Anybody else watching Detroiters? I caught up last night, and I will never stop loving this show.

Faizon Love as the guest star in ‘Farmer Zach’s’ was amazing.