Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«21 »
precision
May 7, 2006

Gonna have me some good friends around
Gonna have me some good times in town

I finished Luke Cage S1 last night and I thought the whole season was amazing, but the back half was less so than the first half. I'm psyched for season 2 tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

Lycus posted:

I think that's a longshot, I'm 99% sure it'll be Kim popping up at the Cinnabon.

Oh poo poo, you're right.

precision
May 7, 2006

Medullah posted:

I dunno, Cinnamon Rolls are commonly a breakfast food, and I think we all know who likes breakfast the most...

Raisin Bran Crunch really is a lot better than regular Raisin Bran.

precision
May 7, 2006

Lycus posted:

Did Jesse know him, or just see his commercial and/or knew his reputation?

I'm pretty sure it was the latter. I want to say Jesse mentioned that Saul had gotten a friend of his off or something.

precision
May 7, 2006

Regy Rusty posted:

Neither Jesse nor Badger had ever met Saul before Badger's arrest. It wouldn't make any sense for any of them to show up on BCS.

E: Jesse's knowledge of Saul was because he'd represented Emilio a few times

Yeah that's it. I knew he had never met him.

precision
May 7, 2006

Justified, like Always Sunny, is one of those weird shows that has somehow avoided going 5+ seasons without truly having a dud season.

precision
May 7, 2006

Rhyno posted:

There's not even that many dud episodes of Justified.

I'm trying to think of one and yeah, I can't recall every being like "well that sucked!" at the end of an ep. Just a solid show through and through.

precision
May 7, 2006

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

This seems like a one season show (like 13 Reasons Why), so I'm unsure of what a second season could possibly even be about or why there would be a need for one.

Season 2 is also very good but since the first season wraps up the plot of the novel, season 2 is a lot different. A lot.

edit: season 2 of 13 Reasons Why was also good but more like Riverdale good than actual prestiege drama good

precision
May 7, 2006

zoux posted:

This is movies but MI continues to be arguably the best action franchise...ever?

https://twitter.com/davidehrlich/st...213237249617920

I feel like at this point if you're "late to Radiohead" you've been clinically dead for the past two decades

edit: lmao sorry i just woke up, i just now realized he meant it's making him LATE TO THE RADIOHEAD CONCERT, haha

precision
May 7, 2006

esperterra posted:

Borat is so good.

MY WIFE

i used to love Da Ali G show but the only thing i can remember now is how amazing his interview with Beckham and Posh Spice was

"You're telling me you've never been caught offsides?"

precision
May 7, 2006

the paul feig cameos in the new Penis McHale show were even worse than before, and also longer. STOP IT.

So there's a Roku app/website called Topic that appears to be primarily focused on social justice issues and people, but instead of being Tumblr Personified it's actually pretty good. They have a ton of content so I've only looked at a couple things. The Nib is an animated 10 minute show that makes fun of Bill Maher, Trump, the alt-Right, Democrats, the far left, etc. To be fair they make fun of Trump/alt-right way more than they make fun of the left, but reality has a known bias against the right wing so what can you do.

Then they have a documentary called The Work which is about some normal guys spending 4 days in prison as part of a program to bring new and positive energy to the inmates (the people are all volunteers and there's no apparent criteria for signing up, there's all kinds of people in it). The prisoners they talk to are really interesting. It takes place in New Folsom Prison. It's good.

precision
May 7, 2006

DrVenkman posted:

Yeah I mean AIDS as we more or less know it began to spread, best that can be told, in the late-50s/early-60s. Earlier variations of HIV can be traced way back to around the 1920s (though this is contested) and it's believed that it was truly born in around 1900 out of SIV.

Isn't it a popular theory that Johnny Thunders had AIDS? His death is otherwise extremely hard to explain.

precision
May 7, 2006

I'm on episode 3 and Preacher season 3 is great so far. That scene with Pip Torrens at the beginning of episode 2 was godlike.

ninja edit: every scene with Pip Torrens is godlike

and i'm actually enjoying the hillbilly savant and the giant

precision
May 7, 2006

esperterra posted:

I haven't seen any of them, but I barely knew Gumball existed before this week so I'd say that means it has the least poo poo fanbase and is probably the best of the group!

It's pretty funny, I've watched like two episodes

precision
May 7, 2006

He deleted it, what he say

edit: oh, he said Ben Shapiro is a reasonable person. lmao Ben Shapiro makes Joe Rogan look good

precision
May 7, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

WTF is wrong with Joe Rogan?

He's largely harmless. I like him as a person, but when he had Shapiro on he agreed with Shapiro's stupid impotent rant about how there are only two genders and if anyone asks "What's your gender?" the only thing that ever means is "What chromosomes were you born with?" and how he refuses to call trans people by their preferred pronoun etc. In other words Shapiro doesn't believe that gender and birth sex are different things. And Rogan agreed with him at that moment.

Mostly I was just making a joke because Rogan does believe some pretty dumb poo poo (but so do I)

precision
May 7, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

I credit Joe Rogan because I think he genuinely has questions and wants to understand how people think. I can see him changing his mind on a bunch of things eventually. Shapiro will be a stain to the day he dies.

Yeah. Like I said I like Rogan as a person, hell I loved Fear Factor because of him and of course Newsradio.

He's a little too far on the conspiracy train than I am, though, and I'm like, pretty far down that route already. To his credit, he makes fun of all the obvious bullshit like the Blink-182 guy. And I do like his podcast.

precision
May 7, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

I'm locked in. I liked that poo poo. Angry DIck is the best Dick... so i'm told.

I liked it too.

"gently caress Batman."

precision
May 7, 2006

lelandjs posted:

over the top

it's a comic book show

precision
May 7, 2006

the thing that struck me when rewatching breaking bad is how little actual meth smoker behavior is shown. like even when there are tweakers they're pretty tame compared to actual meth heads.

precision
May 7, 2006

lelandjs posted:

But its all moot because some MAGA troll will accuse the creators of transphobia (pointing at a joke from the second season) and get the show cancelled.

I don't think anyone cares that much about Venture Bros. And I say that as someone who thinks it's like, one of the best animated shows ever.

precision
May 7, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

Im going to go to bed but can yall please have stopped defending child-loving jokes by the time I wake up? The dude was in his 40s when he wrote them. There is no excuse you can make that will convince me it was ok

It is OK to make jokes about literally anything. That doesn't mean they're in good taste, or a good idea, but I'm also not convinced that former Troma films alumni James Gunn making shocking jokes is anything we should even be talking about. Have you seen Troma movies?

The jokes he made, I mean, they're pretty bad. As in, they're not funny, and they're in bad taste. But it seems equally clear they were not coming from a place of hate. The obsession the media has with demonizing people for what they say, rather than for their actions, is pretty yikes territory.

precision
May 7, 2006

esperterra posted:

His jokes were disgusting and I'm not going to defend those, but I do believe that he sincerely moved on from it and changed and stopped doing it after he apologized the first time. The culture around jokes like that has changed a lot and quickly w/ the rise of the internet and social media and I think it's silly to can him over it, especially when it's something he doesn't seem to do at all any more. But I also don't really care who directs Marvel movies and I'm sure his career will be fine w/ those first two Guardians flicks under his belt so

It's just incredibly stupid how this came about.

e: re: good omens holy gently caress I just took a peek at that cast. gently caress yes Miranda Richardson

muscles like this! posted:

I think this sums up my opinion on the whole situation.
https://twitter.com/kept_simple/sta...399046475886594

and I think I'm done talking about it.

precision
May 7, 2006

Colony has gone from pretty good to fuckin' great this season, especially with Wayne Brady joining the cast and Peter Jacobson continuing to be "Ben Linus 2.0". Check it out if you haven't.

precision
May 7, 2006

The one part I remember dragging on for way too long was the whole "Biker of the Apocalypse" bits. It seemed like something that P&G thought was way funnier than it turned out to be.

I'm relatively certain that Gaiman wrote all the biker sections. There were a couple interviews where they talked about who wrote what and how the things that most people thought one of them wrote were actually written by the other one.

precision
May 7, 2006

DC Murderverse posted:

Completely Uncontroversial-But-Correct Statement:

Season 4 of Veep is easily the best season of the show, and possibly one of the most stacked casts in a season of comedy.

oh yeah, it's so goddamn good. I think I've watched it 3 or 4 times.

precision
May 7, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Let me tell u about the Mandela effect.

*extremely Joe Rogan voice* Lemme tell ya, that's some wild stuff man.

precision
May 7, 2006

Netflix picking up Colony seems like a real possibility, considering they already have the rights to the first two seasons. I just don't think there are enough fans to make them think they should do it

precision
May 7, 2006

I want to see a period piece VALIS.

Radio Free Albemuth was an astonishingly weird failure. I have no idea what they were thinking with the Alanis Morrissette stuff. Still, I did enjoy it, barely. But that might be just me wanting to enjoy it since PKD's family needed the money and they said it was good

precision
May 7, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

Here's the Jason Spencer thing. The most surreal thing I've seen this year.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4k4pMTsa1Kw

jesus christ

precision
May 7, 2006

Who Is America is great/horrifying

I loving lost it at "civil rights activist Timothy McVeigh"

precision
May 7, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

No one cares about the TNG films.

Plenty of people care, it's just that they all have terrible opinions and taste

precision
May 7, 2006

I'm just now watching season 9 of curb and God drat

precision
May 7, 2006

I'm just going to save myself the trouble and go ahead and believe that's a real tweet

precision
May 7, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

Well that just sold me on giving it a try.

precision
May 7, 2006

The Sinner was great already so adding Carrie Coon is

precision
May 7, 2006

Arist posted:

Apparently he's playing a mob boss, which makes sense imo. Someone with some kind of larger-than-life persona reads as a better fit than like a Lester Nygaard or a Lou Solverson.

Ah, was hoping he'd be the "unstoppable force of nature" character.

I really want Pip Torrens in a season of Fargo.

precision
May 7, 2006

sorry Rocksicles but this Joe Rogan episode with Steven Tyler is the worst thing I have ever heard in my life. To be fair, it's only about 5% Rogan's fault. Jesus that's 2 hours I will never get back. Oh my god.

I would have turned it off but within the first 10 minutes he brags about how clever it is that he has a t-shirt that says "Go gently caress your selfie"

precision
May 7, 2006

esperterra posted:

Steven Tyler just feeling his Victoria Chase oats

Later in the interview, he proudly shows off his "gently caress Button"

It's a button that you press and it says clever things like "gently caress off". Steven Tyler has become a walking Spencer's Gift Shop lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

Ant-Man and the Wasp finally came out over here and lol I had no idea Walton Goggins would have such a major role

I forgot that movie came out. I wanna see it.

«21 »