Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The West Wing didn't really have a cultural impact.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

He still has to answer for IM RIK JAMES BITCH.

Technically that was Charlie Murphy, Dave just played a role in the segment.

And he did, I guess.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Guy Mann posted:

Somebody just needs to walk up to the white board in the writer's room and write "NO MORE SCRIPTS ABOUT PEOPLE TRAPPED IN COMPUTERS BEING TORTURED" in permanent ink.

Take a peek at the "Written by" column:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Black_Mirror_episodes

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Guy Mann posted:

A guy making fun of Black Mirror for being derivative by stealing a joke so old that Black Mirror itself referenced it over a year ago is some next-level poo poo.

He’s not saying it’s derivative he’s saying it’s predictable and repetitive.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Space Prison or gently caress off.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Guy Mann posted:

So we've basically come full circle and game shows are about rooting for manufactured personalities a la Quiz Show all over again only now they're maybe not totally rigging everything behind the scenes.

Game shows have always screened participants.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

They didn't listen and got fired, it's not a big mystery.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Superrodan posted:

I have been watching some of Great News and am surprised I hadn't heard much from the people at SA. It's pretty much a spiritual successor to 30 Rock and Kimmy Schmidt, with Tina Fey producing it and the head writer being 30 Rock alumni. Although it's a little bit more generic, each episode has one or two gags that really catch me off guard.

The ads for it were really bad and just on loving constantly.

I hated that show 2 months before it even aired.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's on Freeform, it's meant for 13 year olds.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The season finale of Black Sails season 1 isn’t so much a battle, but it has seem extended ship to ship stuff.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Plus if that were a rule Craig Ferguson is Hitler.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Runaways was always nearly entirely teen drama, it just had Punisher sometimes.

Lycus posted:

Nobody else wants to pull a Harmon and just be honest about what you did?

Easier to do when you were just kind of an rear end in a top hat rather than a rapist.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The advertising for Van Helsing is really misleading.

It's all Resident Evil movie-esque action poses with swords and guns.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

GreenNight posted:

I finally saw the episode where your profile pic is from and I finally know what she is saying. Thanks, that's my story.

That's why I didn't put the caption, it's funnier that way.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The finale is perfect because literally for the entire run people were saying "This is about Robin not the mother". The kids are you, goons.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Timby posted:

Except the show dedicated like three seasons to showing us exactly why Ted and Robin didn't work together.

And also that Ted's an idiot who would go for it yet again anyway.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Segel’s unprofessional phoning it in for the last third of the series probably edged Radnor a bit ahead of him.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rocksicles posted:

Steve Zahn?

He's a national treasure.

That's Justin Bartha.

You're thinking of Sahara, with Matthew McConaughey.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Open Source Idiom posted:

I know you're joking, but I find it so strange that people still think that Hero's quality was affected seriously by the writer's strike. That poo poo impacted their final two episodes, at most. There's no excuse there for the rest of the season.

Or the 12 more that got cancelled?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

IRQ posted:

Neil Patrick Harris is still safe right?

He's pretending to be gay, and a terrible friend.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

She's said her first kiss was on screen with Ashton Kutcher. He was 19 then.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

zoux posted:

Mmmhmm, and it's composed of people who can't get enough Transformers shows and talk about Smurf movies for hours and hours but this is a step too far.

I think a lot of them hate it because it's a mirror.

There are way more really bad books than really good ones or even just okay ones but for some reason this one sends nerds into a blind rage :thunk:

...So like did you take their nerd rage posts as a challenge?

'cause congrats.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That's not an ad hominem. That's the tagline of the movie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Urkel was on Step by Step.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

pahuyuth posted:

I never finished THE 4400 either. I should probably just bail on this

That's okay, they never finished it either.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

IRQ posted:

I still don't know what the hell happened in the finale/back end of that season.

I think I read something that said multiple timelines but.. what? I'd say I should watch it again but honestly I'm not sure that would help.

One timeline, but portrayed as if 2 parts of it decades apart were happening concurrently.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Rhyno posted:

I bailed out of the WW thread after like two episodes, it was getting insufferable. And the people screaming at each other over the two timeframes was maddening.

I really don't think there were any of those after 2 episodes.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

TV IV really hates when you talk about TV in the thread for talking about TV.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He hated Hawaii and quit.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

Another classic Guy Mann hot take

It's Guy Mann so you can never tell, but 'Diversity & Comics' is actually an anti diversity in comics thing and they are indeed dinguses.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

In Psych doesn’t he shoot the same spots so it looks like he missed at first? Or was that the Castle one?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

"we have decided to cancel her show" is very pointed too. They usually go more neutral, that's directly at her.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Vegetable posted:

Producers go to the network that gives them either the most money or the most creative freedom. I don’t think things like 4K video quality really enters the picture.

Or, maybe more often than not, the one that owns them.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Davros1 posted:

It's been known he was poo poo for years, when he leaked private photos of her.

He's the one who did that? Still every time her name comes up (including here) some rear end in a top hat links a bunch of those.

Medullah posted:

I think he separated himself from Nerdist a while back anyway.

How long ago was the abuse? He himself has admitted he was a piece of poo poo for a while, though not to that extent.

2011-2014, significant overlap with his whole "I used to be a bad person" Hollywood redemption act gimmick.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

"Half a decade" is now my favorite internet piece of poo poo way to try to make something recent sound old.

zoux posted:

Not saying they are similar but it just reminds me: a while ago there was an anonymous medium post accusing someone famous of sexual abuse, it was right at the height of the Weinstein stuff, but it got yanked by medium and nothing ever came of it. Does anyone remember who it was accusing?

Sounds like you're thinking of the Gal Gadot story?

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Jun 15, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

FactsAreUseless posted:

At first I was like "oh poo poo, does this mean no more GLOW?" but then I remembered that's Marc Maron and I don't know who Chris Hardwick is.

He's nerd Ryan Seacrest.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

zoux posted:

Yeah that's who it was thanks. Did that ever get substantiated?

A few freelancers on Twitter saying they know the person who posted the story personally, and that it wasn't just some made up hit piece.

But also a lot of stuff linking to a possible obsessive anti-Israel internet stalker.

So who knows.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

what’s this gal gadot thing

When Medium took the post down, the poster made a site for it:
http://www.imasurvivor.xyz/

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

Pretty fuckin boring with a couple great episodes and a trainwreck ending

An actual train wreck, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Gobbeldygook posted:

Coen Brothers movies are to cinephiles that Tyler Perry movies are to black people.

Deeply divisive because they push harmful stereotypes?