Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Pesky Splinter posted:

In a stunning move, TORY leader, THERESA MAY called a general election to crush the HARD LEFT. 
But the unelectable JEREMY CORBYN, with the support of MOMENTUM, fought back, devastating the Tories. 
Now in a hung PARLIAMENT and unable to secure a majority, May has allies in the dreaded orange DUP, to continue her plans to ruin the country. 
But even as BREXIT looms, the ABSOLUTE BOY has given us hope... 

(Imagine the above floating off into a star field, set to a John William's score.)

Imagine no longer OP, somebody did the needful:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
:perfect:

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

:agreed:

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

Ratjaculation posted:

Op should link the sexy UK chat thread instead of train chat imo

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3733476

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Happy New Year UKMT, Ratjaculation I hope your white white and white midnight was a success.

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Happy New Year UKMT! This is my attitude to the one just gone. May we all share in the BLAM.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Thanks Ants posted:

Happy New Year UKMT, Ratjaculation I hope your white white and white midnight was a success.

May your balls be smooth and your loads huge

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
https://twitter.com/MartinRowson/status/947771418963599362

:captainpop:

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Happy new year everyone

Mirror posted:

Theresa May 'set to sack up to a quarter of her Cabinet within weeks'

Education Secretary Justine Greening, Tory chairman Patrick McLoughlin, Commons Leader Andrea Leadsom and Transport Secretary Chris Grayling are all tipped for the chop.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

Chaos reigns :getin:

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

Renaissance Robot posted:

Imagine no longer OP, somebody did the needful:

:dance: loving perfect!
Thanks for linking it, and Lord Ludikrous thanks for doing it!

I imagine that'll go down well. :getin:

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
Classic boss move, wait until after the holidays to sack people.

Also hello twenty great-teen, I have a good feeling about you.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Has the government not collapsed yet? Sigh

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

The thing about Forevereal Modding Mu is that he loves editing files and wants others to download his permanent mods. Fully editing, rich text, altering files and loving it. Download his mods and enjoy it.
I think it would require a singularly extraordinary event for this government not to stagger all of the way to 2022.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Theresa Major.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

Hello thread, happy new year! This year I plan to finally join the Labour party and volunteer at the local food charity more.

In other news, what should I buy from the Verso sale?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mu. posted:

I think it would require a singularly extraordinary event for this government not to stagger all of the way to 2022.

I mean I'm pretty sure if you do a narrow enough sample of the rate of replacement you could predict that they'll run out of MPs to put in cabinet before then :v:

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

How deluded is this woman that she suddenly thinks she has the authority to pull this off? What gives? Has her position substantially improved while I was asleep?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

communism bitch posted:

How deluded is this woman that she suddenly thinks she has the authority to pull this off? What gives? Has her position substantially improved while I was asleep?

Grayling put the government on the hook for every single rail franchise getting a bailout just before Christmas and the papers are after him so what Dacre wants, Dacre gets. The others i'm not sure about, but its not the first time shes taken a walk on a holiday and decided to do something monumentally self destructive.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's quite possible her natural state is insanity and that whenever she gets away from her handlers for long enough she comes back with An Idea.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

communism bitch posted:

She believes getting to the next stage of EU talks (or thereabouts) gives her the leverage she needs to CRUSH THE SABOTEURS.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

More likely she's just figured she can't pass anything controversial anyway, and they aren't going to collapse the government over it, so she might as well try to reclaim a bit of authority. It could still backfire.

Daily Mail has the story that students are almost certainly going to be removed from the immigration figures as soon as the government brings an immigration bill, since they don't have the numbers to stop an amendment to that effect.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

jabby posted:

Daily Mail has the story that students are almost certainly going to be removed from the immigration figures as soon as the government brings an immigration bill, since they don't have the numbers to stop an amendment to that effect.

Good.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

jabby posted:

More likely she's just figured she can't pass anything controversial anyway, and they aren't going to collapse the government over it, so she might as well try to reclaim a bit of authority. It could still backfire.

So this will mean the immigration figures will drop hugely? Or am I reading that wrong?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Did I read an article where she was trying to move Boris to some special Brexit post or did I imagine that in a depression induced hallucination?

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

blowfish posted:

Theresa Major.

Except John Major was ok, or st the very minimum not a swivel eyed authoritarian. Home Secretaries really should be banned automatically from holding any future political office.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

Did I read an article where she was trying to move Boris to some special Brexit post or did I imagine that in a depression induced hallucination?

Literally the one we’re currently discussing.

In other news, lol:

Darth Walrus fucked around with this message at 14:55 on Jan 1, 2018

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

jabby posted:

My Fash Dad (MFD) was raging about this, for some reason. I didn't stop to ask or figure out why, tho

superLINUS
Sep 28, 2005

"The real tragedy happened long before I came along"
Add me to the CLP list - I'm officially in South Northamptonshire but attend meetings in Northampton (North and South are still fused, like Chang & Eng)

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem
I’m loving hungover

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.

Barry Foster posted:

My Fash Dad (MFD) was raging about this, for some reason. I didn't stop to ask or figure out why, tho

the daily mail version is the diploma mill scandals + a conviction that "students" were, are, and will be a deliberate trick by The Establishment to inveigle more funny foreigners into their neighbourhoods

the telegraph version is the realization that once the students are here, it is much harder to assemble the political will to kick them out when they graduate

ronya fucked around with this message at 14:40 on Jan 1, 2018

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Happy 2018 UKMT, hope you all got appropriately slaughtered last night :toot:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Darth Walrus posted:

Literally the one we’re currently discussing.

In other words, lol:

Christ I'm a dozy bugger sometimes. I'll blame being tired.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Someone near the end of the last thread was saying net immigration figure in recent years has been closer to 50,000 than the hundreds of thousands advertised by the media. Anyone got a source for this?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Rarity posted:

Happy 2018 UKMT, hope you all got appropriately slaughtered last night :toot:

had about a dozen beers spread over the whole day, went to bed about 1 because I am too loving old for this poo poo

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

Barry Foster posted:

Students are foreigners, and therefore bad, and therefore should be thrown off the cliffs of Dover. That's about as far as the thought process went I expect.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

El Grillo posted:

Someone near the end of the last thread was saying net immigration figure in recent years has been closer to 50,000 than the hundreds of thousands advertised by the media. Anyone got a source for this?
You mean immigrants aren't just filling up Great Britain, they're actually displacing Englishmen from their native soil?

Bobstar
Feb 8, 2006

KartooshFace, you are not responding efficiently!

Pantsmaster Bill posted:

Hello thread, happy new year! This year I plan to finally join the Labour party and volunteer at the local food charity more.

In other news, what should I buy from the Verso sale?

I ended up buying 10 books for £12 (!), including Mieville's October, a Michael Rosen one, Zizek and something about Piketty, plus various other random ones that looked good and for 80p I was willing to take a punt.

Luxury Tent Carpet
Feb 13, 2005

I hunted the Orphan of Kos and all I got was this stupid t-shirt
Happy new year thread! I hope everyone’s enjoying their hangovers.

Add me to the CLP list - Bristol East

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Bobstar posted:

I ended up buying 10 books for £12 (!), including Mieville's October, a Michael Rosen one, Zizek and something about Piketty, plus various other random ones that looked good and for 80p I was willing to take a punt.

Ebook sale or physical?

• Locked thread